Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anarchists = scum

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
The whole lot of them.....I for one minute do not think that students are capable of this type of violent disruption. For heavens sake there are schoolchildren on this legitimate demonstration who are being caught up in this, law abiding peoples children...... their :tosser: the lot of them. If you want a ruck with the old bill, why not arrange a get together of your own Go back to your squats and consider the merits of a bar of soap and some water.:angry:

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
The whole lot of them.....I for one minute do not think that students are capable of this type of violent disruption. For heavens sake there are schoolchildren on this legitimate demonstration who are being caught up in this, law abiding peoples children...... their :tosser: the lot of them. If you want a ruck with the old bill, why not arrange a get together of your own Go back to your squats and consider the merits of a bar of soap and some water.:angry:

Who told you this latest remarkable slice of info?

SW17

Jan 2, 2007
South London
They should try getting a job. If they can't afford it, don't go to college. Get a job, earn some money, go to football and enjoy your life. Pissing about in Westminster confronting the police -Have they not got anything better to do???

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
The market is saturated with graduates as it is. Thousands are working in jobs that require little or no education.

I don't see why some courses can't be condensed into an annual course. Granted, some degrees will require 3 years or more, but not everyone of them, surely? That would certainly cut down the levels of debt for a student.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
The market is saturated with graduates as it is. Thousands are working in jobs that require little or no education.

I don't see why some courses can't be condensed into an annual course. Granted, some degrees will require 3 years or more, but not everyone of them, surely? That would certainly cut down the levels of debt for a student.

I agree, and I disagree.

I agree that there are far too many graduates in the job market. I would want to find a way of getting the countries best and brightest youngsters into University, regardless of their ability to pay.

I would fund this by cutting back the number of Universities (including the ex-Poly I studied at!).

I wouldn't shorten courses (there is some pressure on the QAA to actually make English Uni courses longer and harder). You could give students the option of completing in 2 years, by putting a third semester in the summer. However, I know that I wouldn't have been able to miss my summer break - I worked solid for my entire summer break whilst I was a student - I needed the money to afford to study. However, I do apprieciate that some people are better off than I and, therefore, may be able to afford to continue to study through the summer breaks.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
when i was in london t'other week on the march, it was almost certainly not students who began the storming of millbank. unfortunately though, a lot of people at university like to think of themselves as millitants and it proved to be very easy for the ones who were obviously there purely for trouble to stir up some dim witted individuals into getting involved

northernblue

Nov 24, 2010
I never understood Labours determination to try and get 50% of 18 year olds to Uni anyway,

Uni just isn't for everyone and all it did was fill the market with mickey mouse courses and students with worthless (but expensive) qualifications who would have been better off either working or doing a more vocational course.

But it shouldn't just become a preserve of the rich either, which is what may happen.. It is the students ability that counts and those who are clever enough but can't afford the fees need to have access to the right kind of financial support.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
They should try getting a job. If they can't afford it, don't go to college. Get a job, earn some money, go to football and enjoy your life. Pissing about in Westminster confronting the police -Have they not got anything better to do???

That's right.

Our economy should be built entirely from 16 year old school leavers who have learnt a trade or other less meaningful careers. Why a portion of the population would want to better their career standards by gaining higher qualifications is beyond me, too! Let's just let those who can AFFORD an education go and get one. Afterall, they'll be the ruling class one day! Why rock the status quo?

Idiot.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003

My nephew is at York taking a history degree and has to attend for 6 hours a week - how does that work?

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
That's right.

Our economy should be built entirely from 16 year old school leavers who have learnt a trade or other less meaningful careers. Why a portion of the population would want to better their career standards by gaining higher qualifications is beyond me, too! Let's just let those who can AFFORD an education go and get one. Afterall, they'll be the ruling class one day! Why rock the status quo?

Idiot.

Less meaningful careers?? You want to go and tell a plumber, bricklayer and electrician that they are in less meaningfull careers??

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
the poster does not know the meaning of anarchist for sure. read some krishnamurti.

anyway....they are all idiots.....fighting the system for free hand outs, because they really want to be "in the system" lol, its a paradox.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
You really are an odious little immature twat, who the f*** do you think you are slagging off trades as meaningless careers!! Idiot

ummmmm thats not what he said AT ALL.

he was clearly saying learning a trade or moving into a meaningless job. He wasnt comparing the two.

so, you sir, are clearly the idiot in this case.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I never understood Labours determination to try and get 50% of 18 year olds to Uni anyway,

Uni just isn't for everyone and all it did was fill the market with mickey mouse courses and students with worthless (but expensive) qualifications who would have been better off either working or doing a more vocational course.

But it shouldn't just become a preserve of the rich either, which is what may happen.. It is the students ability that counts and those who are clever enough but can't afford the fees need to have access to the right kind of financial support.

The reason why they want people in higher education is that they are not then registered as unemployed. I've long felt that there are too many degrees that have no real purpose in the job market but at the same time who am I to deny somebody an education ? However by the same token who are they to expect me to pay more tax to subsidise their education ?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
The reason why they want people in higher education is that they are not then registered as unemployed. I've long felt that there are too many degrees that have no real purpose in the job market but at the same time who am I to deny somebody an education ? However by the same token who are they to expect me to pay more tax to subsidise their education ?

THIS. Too many "flim flam" degrees these days. Or people taking degrees to AVOID working straight away and are just going for the booze and the birds. Or taking a degree without even having a career plan/path. Why should I fund that attitude?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here