Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

An ethnic person asked for a job today, I replied, sod off, I only employ white peopl

racist or not?

• Yes

Votes: 58 69.0%
  • No

Votes: 26 31.0%

• Total voters

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
looney said:

2. The Free market is a leftwing fantasy reflecting there appauling ignorance of economics. Markets need regulating, its just a question of how much and what sort. Illeagal markets are free and thats about it.

As championed by those great heros of the left wing, Thatcher and Reegan!

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
e77 said:
Wikipedia entry for Mrs Thatcher

Not a quote but a reputable source. Also look at the 'Tory, Tory, Tory' three part series of monetarism and the Conservative party sicne the war doing the rounds on BBC4.

Wikipedia is not a valid resource especially when seeking a neutral interpretation, plus I am not wading through all that.

So the answer is no then?

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
looney said:
Wikipedia is not a valid resource especially when seeking a neutral interpretation, plus I am not wading through all that.

So the answer is no then?

If the question is you don't know what you're talking about, then yes.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Oh I know full well what I am talking about. Wikipedia is not an impartial unbiased source of information, especially when it comes to politics.

I suggest you read this. If you find fault with it just put biased and wikipedia in a search engine.

http://www.intuitive.com/blog/what_wikipedia_lost_credibility.html
I don't see how Wikipedia can recover from the spate of bad publicity surrounding the popped bubble of this Web darling, actually. Once you realize that it really isn't the "citizen's Encyclopedia Britannica" but instead an ongoing battleground of facts, fancies, cockeyed theories and crackpots, even the most benign and innocent page begins to seem questionable.

People who cite wikipedia to back up there arguements are lame brains imo.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
looney said:
Oh I know full well what I am talking about. Wikipedia is not an impartial unbiased source of information, especially when it comes to politics.

I suggest you read this. If you find fault with it just put biased and wikipedia in a search engine.

http://www.intuitive.com/blog/what_wikipedia_lost_credibility.html
I don't see how Wikipedia can recover from the spate of bad publicity surrounding the popped bubble of this Web darling, actually. Once you realize that it really isn't the "citizen's Encyclopedia Britannica" but instead an ongoing battleground of facts, fancies, cockeyed theories and crackpots, even the most benign and innocent page begins to seem questionable.

People who cite wikipedia to back up there arguements are lame brains imo.

To be honest, if you weren't aware that Thatcher and Reegan were the champions of the free market economy, then it isn't worth attempting to have a serious political discussion with you.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
This is an argument about semantics and your ignorance of markets. Express it in those terms sure but the concept of free markets in a litteral sensce is for those with no knowledge of economics, well thats you and LI.

Thatcher championed liberalisation and the rolling back of the state. This is not the same as turning everything into unregulated markets.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
looney said:
This is an argument about semantics and your ignorance of markets. Express it in those terms sure but the concept of free markets in a litteral sensce is for those with no knowledge of economics, well thats you and LI.

Thatcher championed liberalisation and the rolling back of the state. This is not the same as turning everything into unregulated markets.

She was anti-regulation, wasn't she?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here