Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

An Advance Apology

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
To all those of you who get extremely wound up and upset at early leavers.

Due to today's late kick-off, both myself and a friend will have to leave The Amex approximately 15 minutes early, so that we can attend other (seperate) social functions.

I apologise in advance for any inconvenience or stress this may cause you, although hopefully this will be kept to a minimum as my friend is just one seat in from an aisle, and I am two seats in.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
and once again, I don't mind a few people leaving early for whatever reason but it's very sad when only about a fifth of the crowd are left to clap the team off. Also having an empty stadium for the last ten minutes of each match may cost us points over the season and could be the difference between us getting promoted and not. It's statistically proven that home teams score an extra 0.1 of a goal per 10,000 people over the course of 90 minutes so there's a roughly 50 : 50 chance that over the course of a season we'll miss a last minute goal that otherwise we could've scored.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
I would also like to opologise in advance. On Tuesday, my Mrs and myself will have to leave the South Stand about 7 mins early because we live in Worthing and want to get home at a reasonble time and not near midnight. We both work and need to get up at six.

Thankyou for your consideration.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I would like to apologise in advance because I am going to drink about 5 pints before the game and almost certainly will have to pop out for a piss sometime.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
and once again, I don't mind a few people leaving early for whatever reason but it's very sad when only about a fifth of the crowd are left to clap the team off. Also having an empty stadium for the last ten minutes of each match may cost us points over the season and could be the difference between us getting promoted and not. It's statistically proven that home teams score an extra 0.1 of a goal per 10,000 people over the course of 90 minutes so there's a roughly 50 : 50 chance that over the course of a season we'll miss a last minute goal that otherwise we could've scored.

I would have to say that against Cardiff most people went at the end, however the last 2 home games 5.1 and 3.1 the games were over. I can understand people leaving especially night games.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
I would like to apologise in advance to all those who leave early because I will be staying in my seat until the final whistle and the team has left the pitch.

Please forgive me if I moan because I have to keep standing up and missing the action so that you can all leave early.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I would like to apologise in advance as I will be verbally abusing the early leavers. Sorry.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I would like to apologise to all those who are attending the 19:00 showing of Killing Me Softly at the Brighton Cineworld tomorrow evening. My girlfriend and I will be leaving ten minutes early because we don't believe in staying to the conclusion.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I would like to apologise to all those who are attending the 19:00 showing of Killing Me Softly at the Brighton Cineworld tomorrow evening. My girlfriend and I will be leaving ten minutes early because we don't believe in staying to the conclusion.

Haha. Spot on.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Genuinely, if I knew I had to leave a game as much as 15-20 minutes early, I would probably sell/give my ticket to someone else. It's like going to a film and missing the last 20 minutes, no one does that.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I'll apologise in advance as i may turn up when i want and leave when i want.

Actually i dont apologise at all.

Can't argue with that. It's not a lock in after all.

Personally I like to stay and happy clap CMS off. But fully understand that other people have reasons for shifting out early, especially if the game is over as a contest. :)

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I'll apologise in advance as i may turn up when i want and leave when i want.

Actually i dont apologise at all.

Don't apologise to us. Apologise to the players you're letting down. You might make Liam Bridcutt cry. How does that make you feel?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Genuinely, if I knew I had to leave a game as much as 15-20 minutes early, I would probably sell/give my ticket to someone else. It's like going to a film and missing the last 20 minutes, no one does that.
Me too. I'd hate to miss even one minute. There's been a couple of occasions at away matches when I've had to after a few beers but I literally sprint back up to the stand as I'm anxious about missing anything!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex

Each to their own I guess. I did seriously consider that, but the thought of not going at all filled me with horror!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I would also like to opologise in advance. On Tuesday, my Mrs and myself will have to leave the South Stand about 7 mins early because we live in Worthing and want to get home at a reasonble time and not near midnight. We both work and need to get up at six.

Apology not accepted man up for Christ sake

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea

Home at 12 and up at six would give you six hours sleep. Thats plenty for the average person especially if its a one off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here