Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

An Advance Apology

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
I too must apologise. I shall have to leave my WSU eerie at 7:15 to jump in a waiting fast car in order to go to see a bunch of middle aged ladies take their clothes off.

I'm due at Calendar Girls in Southwick with the Mrs.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
To all those of you who get extremely wound up and upset at early leavers.

It's not us internet losers you should be apologising to but the players, who continually have to walk off in front of half empty stands at full time having given their all for 92.5 minutes. Could you consider contacting the club over this maybe so that they don't think we're all in your prawn sandwich brigade?

WildWood

Sep 6, 2011
Chichester
Will all those leaving early please not stop at the top of the exit steps, just to watch the next attack. Lock the gates I say.

This all day long. Either leave early or not - please don't stand in the aisle in front of my seat as you've decided, half way down the stairs that you may miss something & just stand there like a tit in a trance, while people struggle to get past you. It was fine on the Withdean running track, but not at The Amex!

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I take its you sit down all day at work eh?

Far from it. But if you went to bed say at 8 the night before and say 8 the night after the average hours sleep over that particular three night period for you would be 8 hours which is the perfect nights sleep according to the experts and Daily Mail.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
I get home at 7 mate. I need time to have dinner, do 2 hours of study and relax.

Now, please may I leave 5 mins early so I can get on with the rest of my life? Please?

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I get home at 7 mate. I need time to have dinner, do 2 hours of study and relax.

Now, please may I leave 5 mins early so I can get on with the rest of my life? Please?

Only worried that you may miss a goal in that five minute period- that's all. Anyway- enjoy today's game and the full running time experience.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The original post meets with my approval

Blackcap

Nov 6, 2011
Shoreham by Sea
I normally stay to the end but will be leaving early today due to circumstances that I dont feel I need to explain to anyone on here. I will not be apologising to anyone. Thank you.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
Haha. Spot on.
I remember taking my then mrs to see Jaws at the Astoria (so many years ago) We played Cardiff that day at Ninian park and had come away with a 0-1 win and highlights were being shown on match of the day that Saturday night so i left early to see the game (probably why we eventually split but it was worth it)SEAGULLS

I would also like to opologise in advance. On Tuesday, my Mrs and myself will have to leave the South Stand about 7 mins early because we live in Worthing and want to get home at a reasonble time and not near midnight. We both work and need to get up at six.

Thankyou for your consideration.

SIX, thats a lie in..... I shall not be leaving early and live in Shoreham, plus need to be up for work at 03:40... Man up :p

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I shall be high tailing it outta thre dead on final whistle to make sure we are away and up the road as we are having a meal at donatellos tonight at 8.30

Sorry

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I would also like to apologise, I have a friends gig this evening that I will be an hour late for due to the football and I will be late for work on Wednesday as i'll be stuck at Falmer trying to get home having watched the whole game on both nights like a true fan

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
Only worried that you may miss a goal in that five minute period- that's all. Anyway- enjoy today's game and the full running time experience.

I know I may risk seeing a goal. I was there when we scored against Forest last season. Last min and all that. Its worth the risk. Sadley. Which is why I cant wait to move back!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Genuinely, if I knew I had to leave a game as much as 15-20 minutes early, I would probably sell/give my ticket to someone else. It's like going to a film and missing the last 20 minutes, no one does that.

I've never been to a film with 25,000 other people.

I agree with the sentiment though, I never leave early. And I don't like to make Liam Bridcutt cry.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Genuinely, if I knew I had to leave a game as much as 15-20 minutes early, I would probably sell/give my ticket to someone else. It's like going to a film and missing the last 20 minutes, no one does that.

Not everyone sees it like that, and the film comparison is flawed.

My routine is to start walking from the back of the North to the exit when they put the injury time board up, usually I get there as they are blowing the whistle, sometimes it's a minute before. Missing one minute of the game or seeing the whole game but not clapping the players off reduces my queueing time to get into Dicks bar by about 20 minutes - to me that is a no brainer. I've been watching Albion for 20 years and probably will for another 20 if I live that long, unless it's on a knife edge I honestly couldn't give a f*** about missing the last few seconds. Using that logic I've only ever missed two goals - Beckham against Greece at OT, and one early last season, can't remember which game.

Each to their own.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
To all those of you who get extremely wound up and upset at early leavers.

Due to today's late kick-off, both myself and a friend will have to leave The Amex approximately 15 minutes early, so that we can attend other (seperate) social functions.

I apologise in advance for any inconvenience or stress this may cause you, although hopefully this will be kept to a minimum as my friend is just one seat in from an aisle, and I am two seats in.

Me too. It was a case of leave early or not go at all. Understanding friends who are all happy to delay the event but I've got to do my bit. I never leave early - this will be very very hard.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I would like to apologise to all those who are attending the 19:00 showing of Killing Me Softly at the Brighton Cineworld tomorrow evening. My girlfriend and I will be leaving ten minutes early because we don't believe in staying to the conclusion.

If it is the 2002 version you are going to see........ She ignores him at the end of the film when they pass on the escalator whilst her voiceover recollects their earlier days together. Your safe to leave those 10 minutes early now
Ok...... :thumbsup:

If it is the latest Brad Pitt film then he meets up with...............................

nah I can't do that.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here