• Other (state below)

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Never upgraded from 8-bit

Votes: 1 2.1%

• Total voters

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
S'hampton Seagull said:
You couldn't beat an all night session of Champ Manager onn the Amiga IMHO :yawn:

SWOS aswell, I done a 24hr session with a mate...playing SWOS that is :p THATS what summer holidays were all about :)

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
CrabtreeBHA said:
SWOS aswell, I done a 24hr session with a mate...playing SWOS that is :p THATS what summer holidays were all about :)

Was the creators name Dino Dini?

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
S'hampton Seagull said:
Was the creators name Dino Dini?

that was Kick Off, Sensible Software done the SS series with Captain Sensible doing the theme tune for SWOS I think!

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
I had an Amiga and I still have it somewhere...I went through a stage last year when I retrieved it from the wardrobe so I could play Premier Manager 3 again.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Worthing-Vienna-Tunbridge Wells BHA

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
I remember being absolutely GUTTED when all my mates were getting Amigas and ST's and then my parents bought me a BBC Master Micro. What a load of BOLLOCKS that was.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Your parents were thinking about your EDUCATION so don't moan!

Ahh the BBC Master Micro, what a machine :clap:

bbcmaster1.jpg

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
they ruled, Repton was a CLASSIC :clap2:

Strike

Sussex Border Front
Mar 12, 2004
Three Bridges, Crawley
Downloaded Penguin said:

bbcmaster1.jpg

I played on that at my old school a lot even as late as 1999/ 2000 my school still had those machines, they had a few good games on them. It was the first computer I used at the age of 5.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
That BBC B had 2 decent games - Elite, and Revs.

Otherwise, it was RUBBISH.

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
Downloaded Penguin said:

bbcmaster1.jpg

Wow, that brings back memories of being back at school.

I bet that BBC computer hasn't even made it as far as Russia yet!!!

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Worthing-Vienna-Tunbridge Wells BHA

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Going back to the Amiga and ST debate both machines shared the same CPU - The Motorola 68000. The ST was a hit with the musos because of it's midi compatability, but the serious gamers prefered the Amiga for three very good reasons:

* Paula - The custom chip responsible for all of the sounds generated from all OCS Amigas. It provides four voices of sound output configured as two stereo channels with nine octaves over a range of complex waveforms, and uses both amplitude and frequency modulation. It also handles many of the input/ output tasks such as disk and interrupt control, the mouse, joystick and serial ports.
* Agnus - The custom chip used to control and move data to be displayed on the screen for all OCS Amigas. It is also responsible for timing the machine and even directs animation. Agnus has been upgraded a number of times, and the capabilites of the one installed in your machine dictates just what characteristics your machine has.
* Denise - The custom chip that is responsible for the video output and is used to maintain the screen display for all OCS Amigas. It controls the resolution, colours, sprites, text lines, etc.

Yup, a dedicated chipset which reduced the strain on the CPU and made playing games like Turrican, Speedball, F29 Retaliator, New Zealand Story, Wings, Kick Off 2, Formula One Grand Prix, and Xenon 2 such a pleasure.

(techie stuff lifted wholesale from some nice Kiwis http://www.titan.co.nz/amigaak/AA020410.htm )

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Wozza said:
What about Chuckie Egg, you cock.
Chuckie Egg didn't originate on the BBC, it just happened to be converted due to its popularity on other platforms (heh). Doesn't alter the fact that the BBC was piss-poor for games compared with other computers around at the time. You scrote.

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Okay guys I have to come clean!
I was trhe former Deputy Editor of Atari ST User (1988-90) so am extremely biased ...... IMHO for music/midi and more serious applications the ST was fantastic
But for arcade games (shoot-em-ups) the Amiga was tops.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Easy 10 said:
Chuckie Egg didn't originate on the BBC, it just happened to be converted due to its popularity on other platforms (heh).

Right. But it was still available for the BBC B, so to suggest the computer only "had 2 decent games" is gash.

Anyway...

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
On the Left Wing said:
Okay guys I have to come clean!
I was trhe former Deputy Editor of Atari ST User (1988-90) so am extremely biased ...... IMHO for music/midi and more serious applications the ST was fantastic
But for arcade games (shoot-em-ups) the Amiga was tops.

Cool, I used to read that magazine (and ST Format) on a semi regular basis. Those were the days.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here