Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (state below)

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Never upgraded from 8-bit

Votes: 1 2.1%

• Total voters

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
interesting little known fact about people who know NOTHING about computers but were raised in the 80's:

They still call the Keyboard "The computer", happens in my office from time to time. Stems from the days of the BBC Micro/Atari/Amiga etc when the keyboard and computer were just one unit!

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
US Seagull said:
Cool, I used to read that magazine (and ST Format) on a semi regular basis. Those were the days.

Roland Waddilove was my Editor ..... knew everything there was to know about the ST, BBC B, B+, Master and Electron ..... but an absolute twat!!!
Spoke with a very strange Warrington accent as well!

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
CrabtreeBHA said:
They still call the Keyboard "The computer", happens in my office from time to time.

Whaaaaat?!? There's no way there's a computer inside those little keyboards you use at McDonald's. :p

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
CrabtreeBHA said:
aahh Amigas and the infinate amount of games I had for it. Then trying to learn AMOS and write code stuff and failing after only being able to get HELLO flashing on a screen :D
We even had an Amiga CD32 :eek: shocking flop that was!

Theres a lot of people still out there using Miggys as their machine machines now, although with CPU update cards.

The Amiga I intend to get comes with a DVD burner, two OS's, 160GB hard disk, etc. Come a long long way but still runs games/programmes written for OS 1.3 :)

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
heh nice did'nt even know they were still going, read about a revival a few years back but heard nothing more!

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
CrabtreeBHA said:
heh nice did'nt even know they were still going, read about a revival a few years back but heard nothing more!

This is that revival its just taking f***ing AGES to happen.

They should have had AmigaOS 4.0 out in 1999. Its not out yet (the AmigaOne uses 3.9 still)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Wozza said:
Right. But it was still available for the BBC B, so to suggest the computer only "had 2 decent games" is gash.

Anyway...
OK, it had THREE decent games then.

Tch. :rolleyes:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
blimey :eek:

This thread makes me wanna buy an Amiga/Monitor just for the classic games all over again!

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
On the Left Wing said:
Roland Waddilove was my Editor ..... knew everything there was to know about the ST, BBC B, B+, Master and Electron ..... but an absolute twat!!!
Spoke with a very strange Warrington accent as well!

Er... this is a bit scary - I used to work at Europress at Adlington Parl too.

And ubergeek Roland (yeeeeeeeeeah!) was my first boss.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
CrabtreeBHA said:
blimey :eek:

This thread makes me wanna buy an Amiga/Monitor just for the classic games all over again!

The Miggy1 will use standard PC graphics cards and hence monitors

Unfortunately its developers only ATM. And AmigaDE don't have the best or most logical website

However, Genesi (www.pegasosppc.com) have an AmigaOS compatible computer and OS already available, that also uses standard PC gear.

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
At the time I would have defended the Atari ST as a fantastic machine against the cursed Amiga. But now that I have more emotional distance between myself and my old ST I can admit that Commodore had Atari licked. They came on the scene later with the Amiga (IIRC) and kicked Atari's ass.
Because of the Atari situation I think I can understand the plight of current Mac users. Knowing you have an inferior machine and not being able to admit it.
:nono:

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
I have a mate who's been an obsessive Apple fanboy for years.

He's very happy they finally have a successful product (albeit a music device, not a computer), but so would you be if you were in his shoes.

Here are some of the previous technologies he's bought/supported (no joke): Betamax video, Rabbit phones, Philips CD-i, Philips DCC, laserdisc...

:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here