Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amex V Goldstone.......

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
Food, now the foods pretty good at the amex, im to new too Brighton to remember the goldstones cuisine, any good?

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Dreadful. Donkey burgers, wagon wheels and scummy tea. Best thing was a guy touring the Chicken Run in 2nd half with PEEAANuts, RRROOAASTED peanuts!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I have just realised that I NEVER had food at the Goldstone. Always bought my own or bought from somewhere outside the ground. Probably says all you need to know.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
It would be stretching the bounds of credibility to describe the Goldstone catering as "cuisine"!

sharpey38

Aug 4, 2011
Denton
The only thing the Amex is missing is history, the way things are going, its gonna be f@#£$ng fantastic

woohoo

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
some axle grease disguised as Bovril and those pasty meatless burgers that they heated through in boiling water and stuck in a stale bap with soggy onions.................... standard football fare back in the day as I recall :)

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
I remember buying a Hot Dog at the Goldstone one evening cup game against Wolves in about '79.
Just as i returned to the top of the North Stand Lawrenson went on a mazy run and stuck the ball in the top corner, i threw my arms up like you do and my sausage was gone forever, if you were hit by the said sausage i apologise LOL.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Anyone remember the Chipmunk crisps? I never saw these anywhere other than the Goldstone.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Tux the albion Penguin

Resident Linux User
Sep 2, 2011
STADIO DE LA AMEX
Yeah , but they are RUBBISH now - they're tiny.

Hate that when that happen's. Tis like when I used to have monster munch. They where so much bigger than today's meagre pack's. They they have the cheek to sell at extortionate prices. :nono:

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Food, now the foods pretty good at the amex, im to new too Brighton to remember the goldstones cuisine, any good?

My dear you had to be mad or bleedin starving to try the food in the North Stand - the food hut was right behind the toilets. That doesn't sound too bad until you saw the toilets, basically two walls(you peed against one) with a metal roof and about as dark a place as you could imagine. That said for at least 3 seasons in the early nineties we deemed it 'lucky' to buy a pasty and hot chocolate before the game began - think that's when I caught the chlorea.

NorthStandN1A

Aug 1, 2011
Hove
Goldstone to me was a roll of fruit gums before the match and Bovril at halftime. But at that time in my life as a kid I thought it was the dogs bollocks.
The Amex is Pie & a Pint. I think the Amex wins in taste, but the Goldstone might always have my heart.

HenryC

Mar 27, 2010
South West!
Goldstone. North Stand. Standing. Packed shoulder to shoulder. Electric athmosphere. Singing. Clapping. Surging. Off your feet. Ward - expectant buzz. GOAL. Out of control. Going MENTAL.

Poor Amex can't compete as all seated.

Good pies though!!

I can just about put up with it!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here