Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amex Travel Vouchers

VAL1850

Nov 22, 2008
Beachy Head & WSU
Probably none, but then no other club made such a thing about 'sustainable transport'. And of course it always used to be included in the price, so it can be seen as a sneaky price increase as people who have previously travelled to Withdean for free will now have to pay. People never like having to pay for stuff that used to be free.

The travel voucher was never free - it was amotised into the cost of the ticket - nothing in life is free

People who used it had a really good deal - people who didnt use it subsidised the others (with thanks)

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Hadn't actually given this much consideration. Not a STH at moment so not used to the various challenges of getting to a game regularly. I'm in East Grinstead and stupidly imagined that I could drive down there, park "round the corner" and walk the last bit. Seems not to be the case though. Coaches don't work for me as I want flexibility so looks like choices for me (and most others from outside of town I guess) are either P&R, Train or Train/Bus. Not sure from the thread if the price of transport to and from P&R to stadium is known yet .. is it? Nor do we know where the P&R places are which will be a big factor too. Difficult to make any decision until these P&R things are known

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
I am going to park right by the pond, run over a few ducks, kick a few flowers heads off, swear loudly at little old ladies and throw empty cans of lager into the pond.

I though thats we all were doing?

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
We are in Billi nr the Weald School, so I guess from WisG you would be coming pretty much past us on you way along the A272.

What are you planning on for parking? Can you get into the coach park as a minibus??

not sure yet willfind out may have to park and ride. i know will be another pound but still cheaper than £12

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The kids of Moulsecoomb are going to make a fortune next season by taxing car drivers parking outside their house. £5 to make sure the car is still there after the game :lol:

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
The idea at the club should pay for people to get too and from the game seems bizarre to me. And if the coach prices are that unreasonable, people will just organise their own alternatives surely - like getting a group together and hiring a minibus each match.... nobody is forcing people to take the club's transport.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
The travel voucher was never free - it was amotised into the cost of the ticket - nothing in life is free

People who used it had a really good deal - people who didnt use it subsidised the others (with thanks)
I know how the prices were structured technically and that intrinsically the travel vouchers, like £5 notes, were 'valueless', however that misses the point. You and I paid the same price for our match tickets - but you got football AND transport to the ground and I only got football. Now we're still going to be paying the same price for our tickets, but additionally you've now got to pay for something that you previously got for no additional cost (another way of saying 'free').

What seemed like a good, almost 'Green' idea (or concession to the Authorities) back in the mists of time when we were trying to get permission to play at Withdean has now turned round and bitten the club on the bum. I must admit though to having an element of sympathy with the "why the hell should the club subsidise travel? No one else does" lobby, although I do think having some form of subsidised travel scheme is quite a progressive idea - especially as I'll now benefit from it!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here