Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amex Travel Vouchers

Ned

Real Northern Monkey
Jul 16, 2003
At Home
I specifically asked about the travel vouchers in February when we went for our presentation. The £25 gives you 25 vouchers which are worth £3 each. So my train journey from Newhaven is £3.30 ret so I will pay 30p to the ticket office with my voucher. In effect the discount is only £2.

http://nortr3nixy.nimpr.uk/showthread.php?194001-Amex-travel-voucher&highlight=discount

I remember a lot of people being upset that travel isn't included in the st any more or that the voucher doesn't cover the full cost of travel within the existing area. I don't think the club have been up front about the travel especially when the travel plan was such a large part of the planning permission.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I remember a lot of people being upset that travel isn't included in the st any more or that the voucher doesn't cover the full cost of travel within the existing area..

Why should it be? What other clubs do this?

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Why should it be? What other clubs do this?
Probably none, but then no other club made such a thing about 'sustainable transport'. And of course it always used to be included in the price, so it can be seen as a sneaky price increase as people who have previously travelled to Withdean for free will now have to pay. People never like having to pay for stuff that used to be free.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
hi guys i own my own taxi business abd have and 9 seater minibus including me the driver ,me and my son have got season tickets and will be going to every home game not looking to make any profit but open to suggestions on picking up in wisborough green where i live ,alfold and billy would also be o.k
p.s already down to 6 places left

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
I specifically asked about the travel vouchers in February when we went for our presentation. The £25 gives you 25 vouchers which are worth £3 each. So my train journey from Newhaven is £3.30 ret so I will pay 30p to the ticket office with my voucher. In effect the discount is only £2.

http://nortr3nixy.nimpr.uk/showthread.php?194001-Amex-travel-voucher&highlight=discount

I remember a lot of people being upset that travel isn't included in the st any more or that the voucher doesn't cover the full cost of travel within the existing area. I don't think the club have been up front about the travel especially when the travel plan
was such a large part of the planning permission.

I also specifically asked the question at presentation regarding travel vouchers and was told that 1 voucher will be used the same way that the 2 on current tickets are now, ie 1 voucher is a return ticket for my train ticket from/to newhaven.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
hi guys i own my own taxi business abd have and 9 seater minibus including me the driver ,me and my son have got season tickets and will be going to every home game not looking to make any profit but open to suggestions on picking up in wisborough green where i live ,alfold and billy would also be o.k
p.s already down to 6 places left

What sort of time would you be looking to leave before and after the game? and how much would be looking for for the remaining 6 places?

Ned

Real Northern Monkey
Jul 16, 2003
At Home
I also specifically asked the question at presentation regarding travel vouchers and was told that 1 voucher will be used the same way that the 2 on current tickets are now, ie 1 voucher is a return ticket for my train ticket from/to newhaven.

The email received by The Oldman on post #10 agrees with what I was told - the voucher is a £3 discount.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
£4 to park and get the bus to/from the game isn't a lot per game but if all 4 are st's that's another £100 for 4 lots of travel vouchers :eek:

is the point i was making...

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

I remember a lot of people being upset that travel isn't included in the st any more or that the voucher doesn't cover the full cost of travel within the existing area. I don't think the club have been up front about the travel especially when the travel plan was such a large part of the planning permission.

Which is totally different from what somebody was told (post a week or so ago) at a more recent presentation, that the vouchers would cover the train/bus as it does now, but costing £1 a game.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'll be having a snifter around Coldean I should think. Don't mind a half hour walk.

Since Billingshurst has been used as an example, lets compare fuel costs in a car with the coach costs now being quoted.

I'm assuming that Albion supporters travelling by car from Billingshurst will be using the Mill Road Park and Ride.

Billingshurst to Mill Road and return is 49 miles. With fuel @ £1.34 a litre and fuel consumption @ 39 mpg / 10.3 miles per litre, fuel costs would be about £6.38 - say £8.00 when you add on a bit for perceived wear and tear (but nothing for insurance, road tax, etc - because you'd be paying that anyway).

On top of the £8, there would be the costs of using the Park and Ride to get to and from the stadium. These are assumed to be £1 per person, using the Albion's Travel Vouchers.

Totting everything up, we get to these costs for the car option ...

1 person travelling:- £9.00 per person
2 people travelling:- £5.00 per person
3 people travelling:- £3.67 per person
4 people travelling:- £3.00 per person

The coach from Billingshurst would cost £8.90 per person (if you commit to using it for every game). About the same cost as the car + P&R if you are travelling on your own. But the coach is significantly more expensive for two or more people travelling together.

If people DON'T use the coach, though, not every car will find a space at Mill Road. I guess there might be a scramble for on-street parking spaces somewhere else.

Which is totally different from what somebody was told (post a week or so ago) at a more recent presentation, that the vouchers would cover the train/bus as it does now, but costing £1 a game.

Train and bus from where, though? The whole of the existing travel voucher area? Or just Brighton and Hove?

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
I can't see many people taking up the coaches at this stage as they will want to look at the range of options before making a firm decision.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
The email received by The Oldman on post #10 agrees with what I was told - the voucher is a £3 discount.

post #10 says it gives you a £3 discount for the coach, run by Seagull Travel - nothing to do with Brighton & Hove buses or the trains :shrug:

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
The Charlton Athletic coaches charge £7 return from Brighton to The Valley.

Charlton Athletic - Coach Ticket Checkout

Good point well made. But I guess we don't have to try and recoup the 93m cost of a new stadium over 10-15 years.

More importantly, you are running coaches from Tunbridge Wells and Tonbridge? But-but-but those are in Charlton's catchment area!!!!!

How very dare you. *plans to keep banging on about this for the next 10+ years*

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
What sort of time would you be looking to leave before and after the game? and how much would be looking for for the remaining 6 places?

not tied down on leaving times but want to return straight after match have to work on prices as long £6 to £8 as long as you r local to me that would be door to door

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here