Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Amex expansion.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Yep. I already posted that photo a few pages back. It looks smart but also a waste of a space that offers so much potential imho.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Yeah it does have the potential for something better than that for sure.
I admit I am not liking the look of the outside arena expansion. Loving all the inside work and the new North stand shelf & hospitality boxes will finish the grey bland blank wall. Also love the new windows, I know they have been there a while, between East Upper & lower......far classier than the little box windows that were original. But the artist impression of the outside looks underwhelming to me. Maybe when they are up and running they will look better.

Who are we to moan, overall The Amex is a thing of beauty & compare it to Withdean.....well Nuff said.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
A proper fanpark like at other clubs. Not just converting the temporary bars to permanent ones and wacking in a couple of bogs.

Oh and a big screen for more Richard Reynolds. Great.

What else goes into other clubs fan parks? There's other options for this space outside the Amex, but having toilets, a big screen for video and music, food and drink available is a good start.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Some music from the big screen and toilets available so people can enjoy a few beers, not much else needed out there really. People will blatantly just bring their own beers to drink out there rather than use the kiosks.

Last edited:

el punal

Aug 29, 2012
The dull part of the south coast
A proper fanpark like at other clubs. Not just converting the temporary bars to permanent ones and wacking in a couple of bogs.

Oh and a big screen for more Richard Reynolds. Great.

Never mind eh? At least you might enjoy watching the football instead - but you’ll soon be able to have a pint and a piss BEFORE entering the stadium, better than face painting in my opinion. :drink:

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Do we yet know if any of this work on the north stand shelf or the outside additions will happen this summer?

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
Do we yet know if any of this work on the north stand shelf or the outside additions will happen this summer?

i would doubt it given the amount of ST’s on NSC who are giving them up, coupled with the amount of empty seats most games it would seem there is already plenty of capacity

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

Paul Barber was non committal about this in the recent forum - merely saying they were delayed due to Covid and the associated costs that came with that / no fans in the ground. They do have planning permission. My guess would be this summer. especially as Heineken recently announced they were going to be the partners to the new "fan zone bar".
Another clue is perhaps they are looking to develop this in time for the Womens Euros games in July but i guess thats a tight schedule for the zone to be built between end of season and the tournament kick off. https://www.brightonandhovealbion.c...agree-new-partnership-extension-with-heineken

Last edited:

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Paul Barber was non committal about this in the recent forum - merely saying they were delayed due to Covid and the associated costs that came with that / no fans in the ground. They do have planning permission. My guess would be this summer. especially as Heineken recently announced they were going to be the partners to the new "fan zone bar".
Another clue is perhaps they are looking to develop this in time for the Womens Euros games in July but i guess thats a tight schedule for the zone to be built between end of season and the tournament kick off. https://www.brightonandhovealbion.c...agree-new-partnership-extension-with-heineken

And details on what this outside fan zone area will look like have not been released yet? From what i gather things have moved on a bit since Heineken got involved and those planning application images were available on the Brighton council website.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
And details on what this outside fan zone area will look like have not been released yet? From what i gather things have moved on a bit since Heineken got involved and those planning application images were available on the Brighton council website.

Last bit of club comms about it I think was PB at the forum and the Heineken bit of PR in January. Agreed I doubt it will look exactly like the mock ups shared above. PB said it would be undercover at the forum for example.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Last bit of club comms about it I think was PB at the forum and the Heineken bit of PR in January. Agreed I doubt it will look exactly like the mock ups shared above. PB said it would be undercover at the forum for example.

Bit off topic, but do you know if there’s any chance of the hotel development happening or is that a complete non starter?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here