Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amex expansion application now available to view online

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Errrr, we knew that a few weeks back. You need to read NSC more!
Dammit sir,.. stop highlighting my feeble posting total, Can you consider banning yourself for publically trying to humiliate an NSC poster?!

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
So the East Stand upper and the southern corners will be completed this summer, when is the northern corners and the south stand modifications scheduled for ?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
So the East stand is going to have additional levels of 1901 seating as well as the upper tier. Fabulous.

Bizarrely [MENTION=12825]cunning fergus[/MENTION] and I were talking about this only a few hours ago.

Where in the documents does it detail 1901 stuff in the East, [MENTION=70]Easy 10[/MENTION], I've flicked through and couldn't see anything.

Last edited:

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Genuinely FASCINATING. I could pour over this all day.

So the East stand is going to have additional levels of 1901 seating as well as the upper tier. Fabulous.

An extra 100 seats in the North - is that going to be suspended over the main North stand like they're doing in the South then ? I don't geddit.

They're going to make our seats slightly smaller so we're warmer in the winter off of each other's natural warmth. Luckily, i am sat between two very fat people, and can easily disappear into their blubber, more than likely sometimes finding poundcoins in there and Blockbuster cards.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Bizarrely [MENTION=12825]cunning fergus[/MENTION] and I were talking about this only a few hours ago.

Where in the documents does it detail 1901 stuff in the East, [MENTION=70]Easy 10[/MENTION], I've flicked through and couldn't see anything.

On the breakdown of the numbers per stand, it has East Lower 100 and East Upper 70.

On the overhead plan view of the stadium, at the top, it seems to indicate rows of seats to be "inserted" in addition to the 2nd tier.

So I'm kind of deduced from that that the additional 170 seats are 1901 ? I could be wrong though, it has been known.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
I don't see this extra 1901 bit that has been mentioned just the two tiers. Still its amazing isn't it.

Attachments

• east stand upper.png
    east stand upper.png
    63.3 KB · Views: 166

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
They're going to make our seats slightly smaller so we're warmer in the winter off of each other's natural warmth. Luckily, i am sat between two very fat people, and can easily disappear into their blubber, more than likely sometimes finding poundcoins in there and Blockbuster cards.

I once went to a cinema in the US where the back row comprised of pairs of seats which angled in towards each other, encouraging the occupants to intimately snuggle together, as though on their settee at home. I would fully endorse this at the Amex (although I sit next to my sister, so that could get a bit weird).

Jonny Boy

Feb 4, 2011
I was slightly concerned how it was going to look but they have worked it really well and will look very different to how it does now! I can't wait!

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
I once went to a cinema in the US where the back row comprised of pairs of seats which angled in towards each other, encouraging the occupants to intimately snuggle together, as though on their settee at home. I would fully endorse this at the Amex (although I sit next to my sister, so that could get a bit weird).

I'll volunteer to swap seats with you if this is the case mate don't worry

cw00

Mar 29, 2009
Manchester
The extra 100 seats in the north stand arr the two rows of safe standing areas, you heard it here first!

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham

Many years ago I used to go to the cinema in Arnhem, NL the back row were more like sofas and the rest of the cinema had large reclining seats add to that the fact you could drink beer made it heavenly.
Which is a good link to these development the Amex will be heavenly, I am still convinced I will wake up from this dream and find myself back in the real world.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Only on NSC could their be a thread about exicting expansion plans and it comes down to a discussion about cozy cinemas.

If we need to flood the Council with letters I'm sure the Club will tell us in due course.

Good point. I will curb my enthusiasm to pour lavish praise on the proposal until those more knowledgable on such matters consider it worthwhile.

And to echo someone else's comments, I feel that Martin Perry is owed a deal of thanks for getting everything this far - as someone says in "We want Falmer" - "Other than Zamora, the club's best signing of recent years".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here