Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amex expansion application now available to view online

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Why? He's a Brighton fan, and has the training ground to sort out as well as the Stadium. There will always be planning/development issues for the Club that will need his experience.

Don't get me wrong I hope we keep him but after the permission for the seats and the training ground is achieved ( hopefully without the delays of Falmer ! ) what challenge will there be for him here ? The odd small planning application is hardly going to be interesting for him. Remember the extra seats will be in by August ( planning allowing ) and I can't imagine building the training ground will take long considering how quick the Amex went up.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Don't get me wrong I hope we keep him but after the permission for the seats and the training ground is achieved ( hopefully without the delays of Falmer ! ) what challenge will there be for him here ? The odd small planning application is hardly going to be interesting for him. Remember the extra seats will be in by August ( planning allowing ) and I can't imagine building the training ground will take long considering how quick the Amex went up.

He will move onto the zero gravity bha medical facility on the international space station :D

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
This is an important bit that will limit the size of the stadium to 29,255, unless more P&R capacity can be found.

11.1.9 We would invite the consideration of an appropriately worded condition requiring the
delivery of additional park and ride capacity (or other transport improvements) should
Bennett’s Field parking not continue to be available, before more than 29,255 seats (i.e.
22,500 plus 6,755) can be occupied.

Or Bennet's field is retained permanently, or on a further temoprary basis.

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
its amazing how much work and details go in to this! excited at the thought!

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
To paraphrase th great wordsmith Rebecca Black, "WE WE WE SO EXCITED, WE SO EXCITED, LOOKING FORWARD TO EXPANSION"

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Some snippits from the socio economic report.

Existing

The total estimated economic contribution of the American Express Stadium is £24m. This
includes estimated salary (£2m) and visitor generated spend (£8m) in the city and direct spend on
goods and services in the city by the Football Club (£5m)and a one-off £9m net contribution that
building of the stadium provided.

Based on the average salary of full-time workers in the city (£29,224), this could mean an
additional 500 jobs have been created indirectly in other businesses in the city.

Proposed

The total estimated economic contribution of the additional seats at the American Express Stadium
is £7m. This includes estimated additional salary (£0.3m) and visitor-generated spend (£2.7m) in
the city and additional direct spend on goods and services in the city by the Football Club (£1m)
and the one-off £3m net contribution that the building of the stadium provided.

Based on the average salary of full-time workers in the city (£29,224), this could mean an
additional 130 jobs created indirectly in other businesses in the city.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
It's amazing how many seats can squeeze into those corners.

One of the heartening things is this nearly doubles the capacity of the North Stand.

Thats good, we may be able to hear them in the Upper West then:wink:

westy

Jul 25, 2003
I dunno - I'm sure some weird little nerd somewhere won't be slow to contradict - but I for one am just relieved and happy to see Martin Perry's safe pair of hands all over that application too.

Mssrs Knight and Bloom justly get the plaudits for their herculean efforts but when it comes down to the nitty-gritty spadework for something like this and countless other applications like it, I reckon we've been bloody lucky to have had him on board throughout. That stadium's a testimony to him as much as anyone else IMHO.

Too true, too true.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
This is an important bit that will limit the size of the stadium to 29,255, unless more P&R capacity can be found.

11.1.9 We would invite the consideration of an appropriately worded condition requiring the
delivery of additional park and ride capacity (or other transport improvements) should
Bennett’s Field parking not continue to be available, before more than 29,255 seats (i.e.
22,500 plus 6,755) can be occupied.

Is an additional P&R at Lancing feasible if land next to the academy is available to tarmac over ? Is the bus journey from there about 25 minutes ?

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
The most exciting bit has to be the addition of GLAZED doors to Dick's bar.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
EastStand.JPG

I think this is the East Stand - I assume the blacked out part is the current seating.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Is an additional P&R at Lancing feasible if land next to the academy is available to tarmac over ? Is the bus journey from there about 25 minutes ?

Land next (east) to the academy is a golf course, land north is agricultural and backs on to houses so I doubt it but yeah its about 20 minute drive time up the A27.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here