Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amex East/West Dilemma

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
The only alleged negative in the east for me is zero tolerance, but as has already been posted this should be clarified one way or the other at the presentations.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The monitors built into the back of the seats for the 1901 members are slightly bigger in the East than in the West apparently. The club got a better deal when they went back for these additional 400 that are being put in.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
The monitors built into the back of the seats for the 1901 members are slightly bigger in the East than in the West apparently. The club got a better deal when they went back for these additional 400 that are being put in.

But the West Stand one's have jet packs attached to the seats so that you can literally fly over the pitch and follow the action. Or was I mis-sold?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
But the West Stand one's have jet packs attached to the seats so that you can literally fly over the pitch and follow the action. Or was I mis-sold?

No, but you do realise you will only have use of this facility if you can produce a Private Pilots licence issued by the National Aviation Authority. I think you also need a minimum 60 hours flight experience or something as well, there's quite a bit of small print involved.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
No, but you do realise you will only have use of this facility if you can produce a Private Pilots licence issued by the National Aviation Authority. I think you also need a minimum 60 hours flight experience or something as well, there's quite a bit of small print involved.

But the lessons are all included in the £100 (ex VAT) a month though, aren't they?

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester
Standing, Swearing, Rowdiness

So this will be allowed in the west and north but not in the east??? I doubt it somehow........maybe just in the the family section which is the north end of the east stand will be zero tolerance. I would guess parts of the east will be the pay on the dayers or non sth so could be more lively than other areas.

Geo

Oct 18, 2010
Heathfield
Have been thinking that the East stand centre area would be great but not sure how this would be affected by the sun. Looking at the web cam, which is conveniently located in the east stand and have trawled through from Oct onwards to see if any evidence of glare etc. None found other than between 1.15 and 2.45 pm yesterday. It seems that by 3 pm the sun is behind the west stand. For this reason I have made up my mind that the sun will not be an issue for me and the east stand is where I will be.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Have been thinking that the East stand centre area would be great but not sure how this would be affected by the sun. Looking at the web cam, which is conveniently located in the east stand and have trawled through from Oct onwards to see if any evidence of glare etc. None found other than between 1.15 and 2.45 pm yesterday. It seems that by 3 pm the sun is behind the west stand. For this reason I have made up my mind that the sun will not be an issue for me and the east stand is where I will be.

The Sun will be higher at start nad end of season

Fair enough, everyone is going to be different in their preferences. The reasoning for my belief is:

1) Loads of kids will be in the east. Kids are an absolute nightmare in any situation, and especially football.

Stop it, with that attitude you may encourage more to come :lolol: seriously how old were you for your first match? I was 7 and hooked instantly...(that was in 1977)

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here