Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amex Catering reached a shocking unacceptable low yesterday-Club please read

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Good plan!! Much better than stealing a milk jug from the hospitality tables just before kick off and hoping not to be spotted whilst trying not to kick it over during the 1st half as I put it by my feet, which was what I was considering :smile:

1901ers can't access the main concourses pre-match can they?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
What did you lot do at the Goldstone or god forbid Gillingham or Withers :facepalm:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

No, and this is a bug-bear with me as we were told we could at the presentation. That said, I have a way around it, but I'm keeping quiet :wink:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
What did you lot do at the Goldstone or god forbid Gillingham or Withers :facepalm:

I don't understand this line of argument. Whats the point in having a Premier league stadium and non league catering ? Lets try and make everything Premier league standard.

Fur Cough

I don't understand this line of argument. Whats the point in having a Premier league stadium and non league catering ? Lets try and make everything Premier league standard.

I agree with this.

Yes the Goldstone (RIP) Gillingham, Withers was bloody atrocious catering wise but we aren't at them any-more, what we have is a state of the art Stadium which has major issues in catering for it's customers, because that's what we are like it or not we are customers.

I've given up with it now and drink and eat in Lewes before the games but I would much rather spend my money in The Amex.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest

How many prem games have you been to US? When the Albion have been fortunate to play at a prem team (or indeed one fallen from grace like Birmingham this season) I have found that the "wait" for a drink and something to eat pre-match or HT is exactly the same as the Amex. Meaning there are queues, you have wait and GASP sometimes food or drink is sold out.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Nope we are stuck in with all the other prawn sarnies until the final whistle. I do understand why though as the logistics of letting people in and out of other concourses would be a nightmare. If they can't get the catering right what chance have they got of sorting out the people from different stands mingling pre-match :lolol:

I don't really have genuine gripes though, I'm happy to grab a drink and then take my seat 20 or so mins before kick off and watch the stadium fill up, I'm bored with the 1901 lounge now but absolutely love my seat and the stadium and the facilty to be inside or have a meal is there should I want it..

Last edited:

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
How many prem games have you been to US? When the Albion have been fortunate to play at a prem team (or indeed one fallen from grace like Birmingham this season) I have found that the "wait" for a drink and something to eat pre-match or HT is exactly the same as the Amex. Meaning there are queues, you have wait and GASP sometimes food or drink is sold out.
this. and food's usually worse - and don't get me started on wembley :sick:

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I have to agree with the OP that the standard of 'service' at The Amex is terrible, and has not noticeably improved since it opened.

When I raised this subject (along with transport issues) after a couple of games I was slated, and told that 'things would improve', 'give them time' etc.

Well, with 18 home games played (if you include SSCF, the Spurs game and the U18 game) Azure have had plenty of time to get it right and are still failing miserably.

Things could VERY EASILY be improved, (the main one being two people per till, one 'grabbing' and one sorting out the money etc) I was in the USA last week, and went to an NFL game where even though there were 4 times the number of people it was actually possible to go to the toilet AND buy a drink during a 12 minute half time (the 'two persson per till system was used there) - AND it was cash only which should slow things down.

I've given up now, my money will stay in my pocket, or be spent elsewhere. Shame.

I hope that someone at the Club reads this thread, as my communications with them have gone unanswered.

I have to agree with the OP that the standard of 'service' at The Amex is terrible, and has not noticeably improved since it opened.

When I raised this subject (along with transport issues) after a couple of games I was slated, and told that 'things would improve', 'give them time' etc.

Well, with 18 home games played (if you include SSCF, the Spurs game and the U18 game) Azure have had plenty of time to get it right and are still failing miserably.

Things could VERY EASILY be improved, (the main one being two people per till, one 'grabbing' and one sorting out the money etc) I was in the USA last week, and went to an NFL game where even though there were 4 times the number of people it was actually possible to go to the toilet AND buy a drink during a 12 minute half time (the 'two persson per till system was used there) - AND it was cash only which should slow things down.

I've given up now, my money will stay in my pocket, or be spent elsewhere. Shame.

I hope that someone at the Club reads this thread, as my communications with them have gone unanswered.

Burn the non believer:ohmy: have been stoned by the nsc zealots myself???

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
I think some people are getting bend out of shape here, I think we all understand there will be queues and items will sell out thats not the problem. The problem is that it is obvious that it could be done better with some improvements, we have the opportunatiy to create a leader here and make the club some more money in the meantime so why not do what can be done.
And just because our cater was shit 30 years ago or some other team has shit catering doesn't mean we have to follow suit, we should be trend setters not trend followers this is Brighton after all.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I think some people are getting bend out of shape here, I think we all understand there will be queues and items will sell out thats not the problem. The problem is that it is obvious that it could be done better with some improvements, we have the opportunatiy to create a leader here and make the club some more money in the meantime so why not do what can be done.
And just because our cater was shit 30 years ago or some other team has shit catering doesn't mean we have to follow suit, we should be trend setters not trend followers this is Brighton after all.

Spot on. I really don't get this " the catering was shit at Gillingham and Withdean or some premiership clubs are shit " argument. BHAFC have created a wonderful state of the art modern stadium of and with Premiership and Champions league status / aspirations. Every aspect of the ground is meticulous in its finished detail, so it is very odd to me the club are happy to allow the catering which is an important part of the overall day out to continue to be so shit. Very strange.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Still no reply from Azure by the way, after 3 days which proves to me the complacency we are dealing with.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I better NOT mention HT at the Saints game where I asked for two salt and vinegar crisps and a cheese and onion and was given a ready salted and salt and vinegar.

When I pointed this out she then started to take both packets away and I said "you can leave the S&V, I need another one of those and a C&O"

MADNESS

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Still no reply from Azure by the way, after 3 days which proves to me the complacency we are dealing with.

To be fair, your e-mail was pretty rude. (assuming you did send a carbon copy of the OP)

If I was a catering manager and received something like that I'd leave it for a few days and send some standard "thank you for your e-mail etc" reply.

I'd give out a proper reply to polite or constructive e-mails though

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here