Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amex Catering reached a shocking unacceptable low yesterday-Club please read

Sonic

Spiky little bugger!
Jul 6, 2003
Patcham
My concern is that after the game I like to stay behind for a pint (Northstand) to let the train queues disappear. But at the same time, fans from other stands come flooding in as well so you spend as much time queueing at the bar as you would in the train queue, defeating the object. Where do those mobile Harveys kiosks go after the match? A few of those in the concourse would cure the problem.

This is a real problem. I sit in WSL and drink there before the game but often migrate to the North for a couple of pints after the game. Sadly on Monday this was only 1 pint as the time I would have spent drinking the other one was spent queuing. It did seem particularly slow.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Never had a problem in the WSU, and I normally have something before the game at H-T and after. I don't normally get anything between 2.30 and 3.00 though. my experience of the WSU is pretty positive. Does sound like the East Stand is a nightmare though.

Strange.

I've used the WSU throughout and its always had v.slow moving queues.
If you go to get a drink at h/t or even just before, it takes about 15 minutes to get served.

Not helped by the token advance party sent by groups at c. 3.35, who are joined by all their mates with their orders at whistle. So the back of the queues don't move.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
May have been mentioned before but those in East or WSL try and venture as far sounth as you can as there are 'hidden' counters with few queues.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
ive given up buying anything other than a pint after the game in the ground now

swan before the game, lovely burger and none of the stress that comes with the ineptitude displayed within the concourses

That is now my pre-match venue along with 5 or 6 others. I use The Amex after the game for a pint but they've lost my pre-match spend because I can't be assed to wait 30 minutes to get a cold pie. On Monday I didn't eat at The Swan so had to endure the fiasco that is the East Stand kiosks.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
[TEMPLATE][/TEMPLATE]
It will be a scotch pie . In the Azure lounge, we had these for the halftime snack at the international.

It will look like this
_40534695_scotchpieabove203.jpg
Steak___Gravy_Pi_4d24dcdf4db60_150x200.jpg

as opposed to this
01.jpg

It is smaller and quicker to eat tho not as nice as a Piglet (but then what is?)

The newsletter says they're steak and gravy as opposed to a scotch pie. I can see a case if they want to supply something different at half time, eg scotch pie, but Piglets make bloody good steak pies, as we know, so I'm surprised why they have switched for the Wrexham game.

I'll investigate.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
why don't the club approach one of these vending companies like Bunzl or Genesis and put some coffee/tea machines around the concourses.

for all the sanctimonious " I have no problem" posts, on here, I know for a fact that the club are looking at this situation and what the problems actually are.

as people have said, I know many people who have given up even trying to get anything from the kiosks

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
why don't the club approach one of these vending companies like Bunzl or Genesis and put some coffee/tea machines around the concourses.

for all the sanctimonious " I have no problem" posts, on here, I know for a fact that the club are looking at this situation and what the problems actually are.

as people have said, I know many people who have given up even trying to get anything from the kiosks

Its a form of NSC oneupmanship Dave.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
My mission in the BUPA lounge each matchday I attend is to leave my seat AFTER the half time whistle and manage to get a cup of coffee with milk and sugar and get back to my seat before the second half starts. The best I have done recently is coffee and sugar, milk is proving a challenge. Little things and all that but how f***ing hard can it be? Harder than you think without cheating and leaving my seat before half time :smile:

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ

Mmmmmmmmm, automated pie dispensers!!! I'd be in heaven (and about 20 stone).

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
My mission in the BUPA lounge each matchday I attend is to leave my seat AFTER the half time whistle and manage to get a cup of coffee with milk and sugar and get back to my seat before the second half starts. The best I have done recently is coffee and sugar, milk is proving a challenge. Little things and all that but how f***ing hard can it be? Harder than you think without cheating and leaving my seat before half time :smile:

yes because my take on it is I pay for a season ticket to watch the football, not stand in a queue waiting for someone to pour a drink.

I think the catering side is poor,no where to sit down with two teenage boys prior to the game,no facility for the 10,000 junior fans,unless you want to go corperate.
Thats the key the corp side has the input but funny enough the rest are left with a crowded litter strewn pie and beer crowd standing outside toilets.
If you are lucky you can line up for dicks and leave your under 18's outside:ohmy: makes you wonder if it was all worth while!???

:moo:

rool

Jul 10, 2003

I haven't been anywhere near the lounges but are you able to swipe a few of those milk stick things from the main concourse pre match?
Might be a bit warm by half time though ha ha.

I must admit (trying not to be sanctimonious :wink: ) that, other than pies running out ridiculously early, I haven't had any problems with queueing times in the North pre and post match. I don't even bother budging from my seat at half time though as it looks pretty horrendous so I even make sure I have a pee just before kick off.

One bit of good customer service I experienced last saturday was at the little pie and pint kiosk in the North. I fancied a veggy pie after too many festive meat pig outs and when I got to the front of the queue there were only three pies left none of which were veggy. I was prepared to take any one in any case but the guy with glasses and a suit, who is often walking around the concourse, happened to be behing the kiosk and he went to one of the other outlets and brought me one back. Top marks from me for that.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
I think the catering side is poor,no where to sit down with two teenage boys prior to the game,no facility for the 10,000 junior fans,unless you want to go corperate.
Thats the key the corp side has the input but funny enough the rest are left with a crowded litter strewn pie and beer crowd standing outside toilets.
If you are lucky you can line up for dicks and leave your under 18's outside:ohmy: makes you wonder if it was all worth while!???

How times have changed. When I was a teenage boy I would virtually pee myself with excitement about getting to the ground an hour early just to stand on the terraces in the open elements, get a hot liquid that might resemble tea from a shed and buy a packet of crisps through the mesh fencing from an old guy walking around the ground.

How times have changed. When I was a teenage boy I would virtually pee myself with excitement about getting to the ground an hour early just to stand on the terraces in the open elements, get a hot liquid that might resemble tea from a shed and buy a packet of crisps through the mesh fencing from an old guy walking around the ground.

When i was my lads age we were getting run across the pitch by rovers a hour before kick off! times have changed!,we still get to the ground early but we are not spending cash! a problem for us slightly, a problem for the club defo!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I haven't been anywhere near the lounges but are you able to swipe a few of those milk stick things from the main concourse pre match?
Might be a bit warm by half time though ha ha.

Good plan!! Much better than stealing a milk jug from the hospitality tables just before kick off and hoping not to be spotted whilst trying not to kick it over during the 1st half as I put it by my feet, which was what I was considering :smile:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here