Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amex Carvery

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
If you think that's expensive then, based on these prices, dessert with the normal 1901 club meal and a half time pie that nobody wants will set you back another £22 on top. Which is why I've not bothered since the crap meal on the opening day and probably never will again.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
i paid £32 to stand behind the goal at portsmouth & £32 to be treated like a criminal at palace.
so on what planet is £15.95 too expensive to enjoy a 2 course sunday lunch at the amex.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
If you think that's expensive then, based on these prices, dessert with the normal 1901 club meal and a half time pie that nobody wants will set you back another £22 on top. Which is why I've not bothered since the crap meal on the opening day and probably never will again.

I had a brilliant meal in the 1901 in November. Are you basing your entire opinion of it on the opening day, when it was totally new for everyone ?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
i paid £32 to stand behind the goal at portsmouth & £32 to be treated like a criminal at palace.
so on what planet is £15.95 too expensive to enjoy a 2 course sunday lunch at the amex.

I paid £1.43 a litre when I put petrol in my car last week but that has nothing to do with the cost of eating a carvery either

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
I paid £1.43 a litre when I put petrol in my car last week but that has nothing to do with the cost of eating a carvery either

that is true but its not the same.

the cost of fuel is a burden the whole nation has to bear.

all i am saying, is that why is it ok to spend £30 to attend an away game but paying £16 for a sunday lunch at the amex is over the top

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

It has if you drive to the carvery.

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
all i am saying, is that why is it ok to spend £30 to attend an away game but paying £16 for a sunday lunch at the amex is over the top

Because thirty quid is the going rate to attend an away game, but other Sunday carveries in the area charge much less for the same product. The price won't attract repeat customers.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
that is true but its not the same.

the cost of fuel is a burden the whole nation has to bear.

You're right it was a poor analagy, but you don't get a choice when going to an away match you either pay the ticket price or you don't get in.

However a carvery is a carvery and Azure are charging a premium for something because its at the Amex. If they charged less they would imo make more money due to customer returns.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach

Hugely improved these days.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
No. I've heard plenty of bad reports since too. The opening day meal was truly appalling.. and I'm never going to pay £38 for a meal where there is no choice of main, even in advance.

Mew

Aug 16, 2011
So has anyone tried the carvery at the Amex yet? Wondering whether to book for a birthday lunch in a couple of weeks.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I had a brilliant meal in the 1901 in November. Are you basing your entire opinion of it on the opening day, when it was totally new for everyone ?

I'd be more likely to listen to an opinion on something which had settled down into a routine than on one which was still chaotic and in its infancy.

It's a bit like judging Albion's entire season on the first half against Doncaster.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Apologies if fixtures but just received a text from the club

Dear Mr Superbez

Carvery Lunch is now available at the Amex every sunday from 25th March. Two course meal for just 15.95 per person.

Sounds ok? Will give it a bash!

Glad the club have only got my old mobile number to spam.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here