Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amex Carvery

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
With everybody having to tighten their belts £16 pp is quite expensive for a carvery.

I guess you are paying for the location.

Spot on! At that price it will not generate enough repeat trade. People may go once because of the novelty that its at the Amex and maybe they might take a tour in as well. Similarly, if the shop was open they might pop in.

However, there are cheaper alternatives that are decent quality i.e. i am in Eastbourne and the Toby Carvery is cheaper and good quality.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Great idea but they are never going to drum up enough regular business at that price - especially for something aimed at families.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
With everybody having to tighten their belts £16 pp is quite expensive for a carvery.

I guess you are paying for the location.

thats well expensive. i had a roast in the grand hotel the other week for less.

I would imagine if you are particularly price sensitive, you will probably never eat anything at the Amex. The price doesn't strike me as outrageous at all, assuming they deliver on quality and taking account of the location.

And, of course, you'll have the warm glow of not just a nicely full belly, but knowing you've contributed a little bit more to funding Vicente's latest soccering masterclass.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
It's too cheap for me, I never eat good that's not cooked to order & done to my liking anyway as always overdone, is there a more expensive a la carte option with silver service?

I would imagine if you are particularly price sensitive, you will probably never eat anything at the Amex. The price doesn't strike me as outrageous at all, assuming they deliver on quality and taking account of the location.

And, of course, you'll have the warm glow of not just a nicely full belly, but knowing you've contributed a little bit more to funding Vicente's latest soccering masterclass.

Not outrageous but a family of four with drinks gotta be pushing £100,GOING TO NEED THAT FOR THE PREM TAX ON MY SEASON TICKET:moo:

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
When I worked with an SMS marketing system we were told legally that you must provide a 'STOP' service and these texts don't appear to have that.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003

Oh hang on, you are totally right. I can afford it now.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
It is in the east stand brasserie.

eat in the east platinum last sunday for mothers day. It was pleasant enough - my food was good although my wife's veggie meal wasnt as good as she'd had at the albion previously. It was a roast last week but served at the table so dont know if the carvery will be a walk up offering. Like all the food in the east stand it was about 25% overpriced.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Spot on! At that price it will not generate enough repeat trade. People may go once because of the novelty that its at the Amex and maybe they might take a tour in as well. Similarly, if the shop was open they might pop in.

However, there are cheaper alternatives that are decent quality i.e. i am in Eastbourne and the Toby Carvery is cheaper and good quality.

To be honest its difficult to go wrong with a carvery and the profit margins are massive. The Kings Arms in Ninfield produce a brilliant carvery which is £6.99 on Sundays and £3.89 in the week. OK its does get busy at prime times and its not the Amex but, as you have said, where is the repeat trade angle.

Azure could knock out the very same carvery for £9.95 per person, still make a very good profit and get people back time after time.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Discount for Kids?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Surely they should open the shop on a sunday as well.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here