Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amex Carvery

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
Apologies if fixtures but just received a text from the club

Dear Mr Superbez

Carvery Lunch is now available at the Amex every sunday from 25th March. Two course meal for just 15.95 per person.

Sounds ok? Will give it a bash!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Why do the texts say they've come from +12345678901. It makes them look like unsolicited junk.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Fair play to the club for looking at ways to generate income, including the potential residual income from people visiting the club shop. But £15.95 for a carvery(ok, its two courses) seems a bit steep

Is the shop open on Sundays now? I thought they only opened in the run up to Christmas.

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
2 course lunch up east brighton golf club was only £12.95 and i couldnt finish my meal there was so much, would highly reccommend, dont need to be a member, just phone up an book

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I think it sounds GOOD and will look to take advantage of it in the near future (assuming there is a veggie offering, and I'm sure there will be).

Has anyone phoned up yet? Is it in the ESB or the West?

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Why do the texts say they've come from +12345678901. It makes them look like unsolicited junk.

Indeed, they can change it to Brighton & Hove Albion or something can't they?

It's in the ESB - they advertised it on the big screens against Derby

Is the shop open on Sundays now? I thought they only opened in the run up to Christmas.

Would be silly if they didn't open it, at least for the hours they are serving the lunch

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
I think it sounds GOOD and will look to take advantage of it in the near future (assuming there is a veggie offering, and I'm sure there will be).

Has anyone phoned up yet? Is it in the ESB or the West?

I would assume ESB but would quite like it to be in the west as I have not been in there yet

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
With everybody having to tighten their belts £16 pp is quite expensive for a carvery.

I guess you are paying for the location.

D

Deleted member 18477

thats well expensive. i had a roast in the grand hotel the other week for less.

For those bitching about the number, it's the same that sent messages both on the first day of the season and more recently advertising hospitality in the 1901 Club for the Liverpool FA Cup game. Perhaps you should have SAVED it.

Yes sir, sorry sir, won't happen again sir.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
For those bitching about the number, it's the same that sent messages both on the first day of the season and more recently advertising hospitality in the 1901 Club for the Liverpool FA Cup game. Perhaps you should have SAVED it.

Don't think anyone is really moaning about it, just suggesting they could change it to something a bit nicer such as "BHAFC" or similar

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here