Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

American Stadiums

driddles

Nov 8, 2003
Ontario, Canada
Gully said:
Some pretty good pics there driddles, looks like they built the stadium in about 6 months flat, you will have to give us updates on how the team get on...keep us going through the summer months when we have no footy of our own.

Thanks. I can't take claim for the photos though. They are another fans pics. Our supporters board is www.redpatchboys.ca

I am happy sad about Toronto FC. While I am thrilled to have a local team to watch and that we have sold out our first season I am saddened by the fact that BHA still await a stadium. I keep holding off coming over for a game thinking that Falmer will be built. Some day this injustice will be corrected.

Of course it is also nice that I finally get to see such better quality teams play cheaply locally. We play Benfica May 23 (the bench team I am sure) and we play Aston Villa July 25th!

All this for a whopping $500 Canadian (15 games + 3 friendlies) the cheapest seats in the supporters section went for $200 CDN! The Beckham game with Galaxy is scalping for more than that!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/martingroove/

Cheers

Last edited:

The question that i have from all these stadiums (bar a few) is how much cheaper is it not to put a roof on!!??? I know a lot of them are in hot climate areas, but only one of them has a roof. Therefore, they are all like Withdean!!!

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
Top thread and some great pics. The sports stadiums scattered all over the place are one of the few things that make many American cities even halfway bearable.

Their passion for the college games is infectious too. I was in Louisville for the Breeders' Cup race meeting last year, and Kentucky is the centre of American racing in the same way that Newmarket is in the UK, but all anyone was interested in was the
Louisville Cardinals football game two days before the races. The team was unbeaten to that point of the season, and looked like it could be going to the Rosebowl - the college championship game - for the first time in its history.

The stadium held about 40,000 and had been sold out for weeks. Scalpers were going through the bars asking - and getting - 1,000 dollars for a pair of tickets. The team they were playing was one of the few that was ranked above them, and when the Cards duly did the business, the whole city went bonkers.

What I didn't appreciate until then, though, was how the college football ranking system works. Basically, because there are so many teams and they can't all play each other over the course of a year, a panel of experts - hacks, mainly - looks at the results week by week and decides who should be ranked No1, No2 etc.

So the whole thing depends on the opinions - and prejudices - of a dozen or so people. And as a Louisville local told me, albeit with a fair degree of bias, if they can't decide whether the No.2 spot - and a place in the Rosebowl - should go to an unfashionable side like the Cards or a blue-chip bunch like Notre Dame, then they'll always give the nod to Notre Dame.

If things were that subjective over here, I can't help thinking that the FA's headquarters would be burned down by an angry mob at least once a month.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
League1Champions said:
a-USC_coliseum.jpg

Coliseum home of the USC (University of Southern California) Trojans

Whoops forgot to say capacity 92,000 and its sold out for every game :eek:
wheres the Athlectic track gone?

driddles

Nov 8, 2003
Ontario, Canada
I have not seen this one on here yet. My friend is an Ohio State Alumnis and I hope to get down for a game this year. The 101,000 seat stadium apparently it's more like they squeeze 101,000 into a stadium with 80,000 bench seats. I can't wait to be in it for real.

columbus_ohio1.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here