American Sports?...

Which is best?...

• Total voters

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Proper Baseball city!

Brilliant for baseball. Great knowledgeable fans who appreciate the history - but to be honest I find the city pretty dull outside of game time.
I've taken up watching the Redbirds on the road.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Nascar?

I do love nascar. But on yoru poll NHL would edge it for me i think.

Team? CAROLINA HURRICANES!!

Nascar Number? #9 Kasey Kahne!

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Brilliant for baseball. Great knowledgeable fans who appreciate the history - but to be honest I find the city pretty dull outside of game time.
I've taken up watching the Redbirds on the road.

St Louis is Ok, spent a large chunk of time there last year. The loop is quite cool, as is the arch, Budweiser tour, science museum, union station, City Museum is ace! not forgetting Ted Drews and imos pizza :smile:

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
It's all about the Leafs and the Blue Jays.

(If NFL is on, then I guess it's the Pats, and there is never an excuse for the NBA to even be on. It's utter shit)

Agree withthe Leafs and the Blue Jays ( although not really that into baseball ) For American Football it has to be the Cowboys and basketball can just go suck some eggs as I can not stand the game.

The Lemming Stomper

Under the flag
Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
And their stadium was half empty last week.

There were "only" 40,000 in for the last one - their lowest NFL gate in 2 decades.

What a stadium though..went a couple of thanksgivings ago and had a great time even tho they were tanked by the Packers..hardly any sight of it in central Detroit coz its built into the ground so ground level is the upper tier !!

just back from a new york (ish) sports tour..the islanders, giants and Washington Redskins

tho Leonard Cohen at 'the Garden' was the highlight :bowdown:

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Habs = most successful sports franchise in the world.

You = glory hunter. ;)

Aw shit, really? Here's the reason I support them. First visit to Florida in 2007 I went into a sports shop in the mall and thought "I'm going to buy something American" - possibly an American football jersey - then I saw the price of the things and thought "I'll just get a baseball cap".. then remembered I hate baseball - so I got a cap for ice hockey which I quite like.. and I didn't even get an American team. I basically got the cap that looked best on me :safeway:

johnhammond

Neither John, nor Hammond
Jan 17, 2008
Utrecht
They're all good, baseball wins for me though (unless you stick in MLS).

NFL - Seattle Seahawks
MLB - Seattle Mariners
NBA - Detroit Pistons
NHL - Detroit Red Wings
MLS - Seattle Sounders

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Has to be the New York teams for me

MLB – Mets
NFL – Giants
NBA – the Knicks
NHL – New York Rangers

The local MLS side is the Red Bulls and they are shite, but did stuff FC Toronto 5-0 on their last league game. There is talk about resurrecting the New York Cosmos franchise. Favorite sport is NHL – Rangers had a great run recently and the atmosphere at Madison Square beats most stadiums I’ve been to. Baseball I can take or leave, but watching it live aint bad cos the Yanks just do that kind of thing so well and the World Series win has been great for the city.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
NFL only (Washington Redskins :( ) - tried both Basketball and Baseball but couldn't get in to either.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
American Football and Baseball.
Why is there no option for Wrestling ? :p

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
American Football, I find all the other ones tedious and Oakland Raiders are my team.

Eggman

Jul 8, 2003
West Sussex
American football by a country mile. I've tried but for various reasons I just can't get into baseball, basketball and ice hockey. American football on the other hand (especially the NFL) is probably my favourite sport, yes even more than 'our' football. In American football I can happily watch two teams I don't care about and just enjoy the game. There is no way I can watch something like Bolton v Blackburn.

Spot on. It's a great game once you get to know the rules and intracacies of it. Plus you can never truly predict who will win it all, come February!

Love it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here