Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amazon/ Royal Mail awful service!

Dowling93

Jun 22, 2009
Brighton
I pre-ordered a game ages ago and paid for first class delivery so it would come on the day which was last friday and it still hasn't arrived, they have refunded the postage but I don't think I will use Amazon for a while! :angry:

Dowling93

Jun 22, 2009
Brighton
Tbh I blame Amazon more though, because at their busiest time of the year they are sending out pre-orders a day before they are released

Aseros

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
They pretty much never arrive on the day with Amazon. Although saying that my Cars 2 blu-ray came 3 days early; but still if you want arrival on the day then HMV.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I have always had pre-orders before release day with Amazon. Usually by 3 or 4 days.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I ordered something from Amazon on a Thurs evening using standard 1st class post with an estimated delivery of Wed which arrived 2 days early on Monday. That was last week so no complaints from me.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Amazon are now using parcel courier companies as well so as to not put all their eggs in one basket.

'Now' - they have for, literally, ever.

I REJOICE when my Amazon order comes with the Royal Mail as it means if I'm out, as invariably I am, then I can pick up the parcel quite close to home.

I DESPAIR when something is sent with those shisters Yodel (the old HDNL) as the chances of the package arriving in any sort of timescale in one piece is quite remote it seems.

If Amazon let me choose delivery method, I would gladly pay/pay more for the Royal Mail to be in charge of my delivery than Yodel.

Dowling93

Jun 22, 2009
Brighton
This is the first time this has happened though, whereas i ordered something from tesco's website the other day and it came 2 days before release!

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
This is the first time this has happened though, whereas i ordered something from tesco's website the other day and it came 2 days before release!

If it's the first time it's happened to you, can't you just call it a one off and get over it? I use online shopping a lot and rarely have problems (mainly have issues with certain couriers who don't give a crap but that's another story).

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
'Now' - they have for, literally, ever.

If Amazon let me choose delivery method, I would gladly pay/pay more for the Royal Mail to be in charge of my delivery than Yodel.

They have now started using Hermes and 1 of my sons delivers for Hermes and says that Amazon parcels are a pain in the neck but he was told by his manager that they are ditching Royal Mail whether that is true or just b.......t to get him to deliver them quicker who knows..

Dowling93

Jun 22, 2009
Brighton
If it's the first time it's happened to you, can't you just call it a one off and get over it? I use online shopping a lot and rarely have problems (mainly have issues with certain couriers who don't give a crap but that's another story).
Well they have refunded my delivery fee and i've asked for a full refund now

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
I think when there was a Royal Mail strike a year or two ago Amazon started using other couriers / parcel companies.

Running a Village Post Office I do think that in general The Royal Mail offer a good service, it is only when things go badly wrong that you hear about it, never get compliments when letters are delivered the next day.

Be intersting to see what happens when / if Royal Mail is sold off as the Government are desperate to get rid of it.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
They have now started using Hermes and 1 of my sons delivers for Hermes and says that Amazon parcels are a pain in the neck but he was told by his manager that they are ditching Royal Mail whether that is true or just b.......t to get him to deliver them quicker who knows..

I ordered an ash baseball bat which was delivered by Hermes. I was out, so they droped it over the locked 7ft back gate. What a surprise to find the handle broken.:facepalm:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I ordered Photoshop Elements 10 as part of the black friday promotion last Thursday, got it for half price and chose free postage and it arrived at work this morning - very happy with that service

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Perhaps the game was embargoed and Amazon were not allowed to send it out until the day it was released? It happens occasionally with books (ie the stock may arrive early but a shop is not allowed to sell it until a certain date). The same should apply to Amazon, I would hope.

Alternatively, you could always go to a shop to buy it before they all close down :smile:

Dowling93

Jun 22, 2009
Brighton
Perhaps the game was embargoed and Amazon were not allowed to send it out until the day it was released? It happens occasionally with books (ie the stock may arrive early but a shop is not allowed to sell it until a certain date). The same should apply to Amazon, I would hope.

Alternatively, you could always go to a shop to buy it before they all close down :smile:

They have given me a refund now so i'm gonna do that but knowing my luck it will be delivered this afternoon or something :L

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I ordered an ash baseball bat which was delivered by Hermes. I was out, so they droped it over the locked 7ft back gate. What a surprise to find the handle broken.:facepalm:

That unfortunately is a problem as they get approx 60p per parcel to deliver it so obviously are reluctant to return time and again to redeliver it. My son leaves card on the first delivery but very few people ring him to rearrange delivery. This weekend he had some large boxes worth a lot of money that he phoned the owner to tell them he was going to deliver them and that he would be there by about 3.00pm when he arrived at 3.05 there was no answer so he left a card she called him back and said that she had decided to go out shopping. So you can see it is not always the couriers fault.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
I complained last week to Amazon about a parcel that hadn't arrived.. they insisted they left it in my porch. I don't have a porch!!!!!!!!!!
Often I come home and find parcels left propped against the front door, so i'm guessing they've been nicked... they eventually agreed and gave me a refund.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here