Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amazon/ Royal Mail awful service!

Gordon Bennett

Sep 7, 2010
I ordered an ash baseball bat which was delivered by Hermes. I was out, so they droped it over the locked 7ft back gate. What a surprise to find the handle broken.:facepalm:

Had a couple of deliveries via Hermes recently and both times I was out so they left the first parcel in the recycling bin and the other one just hanging out of the letter box - presumably because they couldn't be bothered to ask a neighbour to take it in or come back the following day. :facepalm:

Would definitely like the option of choosing the courier before confirming my Amazon orders or paying extra for Royal Mail.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Had a couple of deliveries via Hermes recently and both times I was out so they left the first parcel in the recycling bin and the other one just hanging out of the letter box - presumably because they couldn't be bothered to ask a neighbour to take it in or come back the following day. :facepalm:

I have no issue with a delivery being left somewhere safe even if it might not be quite so 'safe' as I might like because, invariably, it will be there when I get home meaning I get my hands on my goodies earlier than might otherwise be the case.

On the one occasion something was left in a not-so-safe location and was gone before I got home, Amazon immediately offered me a refund or a replacement to be sent straight away.

You'll never lose out if your stuff is swiped or otherwise damaged.

Bad Ash

Unregistered User
Jul 18, 2003
Housewares
Hermes do seem to like leaving my packages in the front garden underneath a plant. Fortunately they do put notes through the door so I know they are there. There Royal Mail left my Albion mosaic in the front garden with no note and it took me a few days before I spotted it (I usually use the back door :) ). A couple of months ago I found my neighbours parcel left in my back garden.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Hermes outsource everything to unidentifiable locals who they don't pay enough to ever not 'deliver' on 1st & only visit.....dreadful

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here