Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amazing second half effort well done Brighton and well done Gus!

MORTY

Jan 9, 2007
Basingstoke
What about if Orlandi's volley had gone post and in rather than out? And Buckley's shot which skimmed the post had gone to the top corner? And we had got the penalty in the second half? And won 3-0.
Ifs and buts work both ways you know. Anyone who thinks we didn't deserve 3 points after that second half performance needs to get their heads checked.

Spot on

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
What about if Orlandi's volley had gone post and in rather than out? And Buckley's shot which skimmed the post had gone to the top corner? And we had got the penalty in the second half? And won 3-0.
Ifs and buts work both ways you know. Anyone who thinks we didn't deserve 3 points after that second half performance needs to get their heads checked.

Well said, too many moaning perfectionists on here.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
FFS, not moaning but simply don't agree with the statement "If it was a boxing match would have been stopped"...!!!

Do you really think this is a fair description of the game....??

well as the person who posted that i do - peterborough offered absolutely nothing - was impressed with the ex crawley player (tyrone barnett)??? not sure thats right thought he gave greer a torid time - imo we battered them in the second half.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Awful game , got 3 points very pleased in the end

What the hell has that got to do with the East Stand support tonight? (and I sit in upper west). Come on talk on something you are good at!

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Immense?

Really.

We were awful tonight and lucky to win.

Note to Gus: practice crossing in trainibg. A lot.

Absolute nonsense. We put quality ball after quality ball right into the heart of the 6 yard box, no one was f***ing ATTACKING them.

Yet ANOTHER task Murray would do that's going undone.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Yes, but a game is 90 mins, not 45. First half was as bad as I can remember. When I saw Poyet picked the same side as Friday, bar the two enforced changes, I was really pleased. Then I saw him set them up in his old formation and I thought what a tosser, especially after Friday, the man just never learns....Yes we did deserve too win on the second half performance. But anyone leaving the Amex tonight, happy after that is very easily pleased and probably smoking to many funny fags. Rank bad finishing again!!!!!

Give it a rest. You are just not funny. I take it you haven't watched many games in your life. I guess you are a glass half empty kind of guy. Maybe you should move on to another side?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
FFS, not moaning but simply don't agree with the statement "If it was a boxing match would have been stopped"...!!!

Do you really think this is a fair description of the game....??

If by that he means "we completely dominated the game and battered them", then yes, that is what happened. I don't think they got the ball out of their box for the final 25 mins, and they got incredibly lucky on pretty much every shot, it always bounced kindly for them.

bernardo

Nov 2, 2012
Thought we were immense tonight and deserved the last minute winner - if it was a boxing match would have been stopped. So pleased for the team and so pleased for Dobbie - and hey what about Ashley Barnes hold up play for the goal. Keep the faith.

Completely agree. Come on Seagulls!!

chrissyboy01

Sep 24, 2011
Thought we were immense tonight and deserved the last minute winner - if it was a boxing match would have been stopped. So pleased for the team and so pleased for Dobbie - and hey what about Ashley Barnes hold up play for the goal. Keep the faith.

Far, far from immense but job done. Dreadful first half followed by an improved second half. The boxing match statement......you heard Oatway say it on Soccer AM and couldn't wait to use it yourself, right?

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Give it a rest. You are just not funny. I take it you haven't watched many games in your life. I guess you are a glass half empty kind of guy. Maybe you should move on to another side?

I don't intend to be funny.....Probably more games than you have and why should I move, just because you don't agree.?

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells

What if I won the lottery tonight, what if my auntie had a pair of bollocks and what if Dobbie hadn't scored in injury time. That would be how many games, without a win???...Live is not about, what if's it's about facts. And the fact is we deserved to win last night, but anyone kidding themselves that was a great or even good performance is a fool.

Eggman

Jul 8, 2003
West Sussex
What if I won the lottery tonight, what if my auntie had a pair of bollocks and what if Dobbie hadn't scored in injury time. That would be how many games, without a win???...Live is not about, what if's it's about facts. And the fact is we deserved to win last night, but anyone kidding themselves that was a great or even good performance is a fool.

Go on. Have a moan. Be a bit negative. Go on. Go on.

Feel better now?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Second half was a one-way juggernaut.

Anyone who wasn't satisfied with the performance (finishing notwithstanding) needs to go and have a long, hard look at themselves. The issues are theirs, not the club's.

We should rename this site North Stand Moan. Why are so many people on here incapable of looking at the positives?!? Great second half, brilliant finish at the end, happy happy happy.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Very good second half performance. If that makes me a fool in your opinion, then I am delighted!

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton

We won. We got 3 points. We deserved to win by more. There are some facts.

It wasn't outstanding performance, it was a solid second half that was enough to get 3 points.

(and by the way my post was referring to someone saying "What if had dobbie hadn't scored", so thanks for reaffirming my point about it's not about what ifs)

stugbhafc1

Stuie G
Aug 4, 2011
Southwick
We won. We got 3 points. We deserved to win by more. There are some facts.

It wasn't outstanding performance, it was a solid second half that was enough to get 3 points.

(and by the way my post was referring to someone saying "What if had dobbie hadn't scored", so thanks for reaffirming my point about it's not about what ifs)
Agree but it was really flat most of the night crowd included just seem to miss something

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Terrific second half performance. We threw the kitchen sink at them and got our JUST reward with a deserved winner at the end. We may have lacked finesse, and quality finishing, but showed a shedload of character and never say die spirit. It was great to watch, if you are not happy about that, then please sod off and support someone else.

Admittedly the first half was poor, but hey that's football.

Delighted we snapped the slump quicker than we did last season, hopefully we can push on from here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here