Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amazing second half effort well done Brighton and well done Gus!

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
i cant see how u saw the 2nd half as awful...completely different to the first half

edited ignore that uve already answered elsewhere

I didn't say we were awful but the game was awful on the whole it takes 2 teams to make a decent game and Peterborough were the worst side I've seen at the Amex and in the first half we weren't any better but yes in the second half we played better and created chances but if it had stayed 0-0 many would have agreed it was an awful game ,not bothered anyway coz we won and got 3 points

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Agree with this too.
Funny how a goal can change peoples views of the previous 90mins.

didnt change my view of the 2nd half at all...played them off the park in that time,,any criticism of the 2nd half seems unwarranted...and tbh all in all 3 points is the thing people should be concentrating ..just for tonight!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I didn't say we were awful but the game was awful on the whole it takes 2 teams to make a decent game and Peterborough were the worst side I've seen at the Amex and in the first half we weren't any better but yes in the second half we played better and created chances but if it had stayed 0-0 many would have agreed it was an awful game ,not bothered anyway coz we won and got 3 points

lol..i know...which is why i said the edited bit...and u are spot on ..3 points!! :)

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Thought we were immense tonight and deserved the last minute winner - if it was a boxing match would have been stopped. So pleased for the team and so pleased for Dobbie - and hey what about Ashley Barnes hold up play for the goal. Keep the faith.

Your taking the piss right???

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
didnt change my view of the 2nd half at all...played them off the park in that time,,any criticism of the 2nd half seems unwarranted...and tbh all in all 3 points is the thing people should be concentrating ..just for tonight!

Agreed, we camped in their half for long periods of the 2nd half but once again looked toothless in front of goal. We need a Striker who can find the back of the net and who gives others confidence to do so too. Thought the players got a lift when CMS went off and Dobbie came on.

thought Orlandis effort was unlucky though.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Agreed, we camped in their half for long periods of the 2nd half but once again looked toothless in front of goal. We need a Striker who can find the back of the net and who gives others confidence to do so too. Thought the players got a lift when CMS went off and Dobbie came on.

thought Orlandis effort was unlucky though.

hmm..we seemed to have quite a lot of shots in tht 2nd half...never got the feeling that we were toothless..but always happy to listen to yur opinion.

ps dobbie came on for crofts :)

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
did u stay for the 2nd half? :)

Yes, but a game is 90 mins, not 45. First half was as bad as I can remember. When I saw Poyet picked the same side as Friday, bar the two enforced changes, I was really pleased. Then I saw him set them up in his old formation and I thought what a tosser, especially after Friday, the man just never learns....Yes we did deserve too win on the second half performance. But anyone leaving the Amex tonight, happy after that is very easily pleased and probably smoking to many funny fags. Rank bad finishing again!!!!!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Thought we were immense tonight and deserved the last minute winner - if it was a boxing match would have been stopped. So pleased for the team and so pleased for Dobbie - and hey what about Ashley Barnes hold up play for the goal. Keep the faith.

Let us never speak of the first half again.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
We were definitely better in the second half although we lacked a real cutting edge.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Yes, but a game is 90 mins, not 45. First half was as bad as I can remember. When I saw Poyet picked the same side as Friday, bar the two enforced changes, I was really pleased. Then I saw him set them up in his old formation and I thought what a tosser, especially after Friday, the man just never learns....Yes we did deserve too win on the second half performance. But anyone leaving the Amex tonight, happy after that is very easily pleased and probably smoking to many funny fags. Rank bad finishing again!!!!!

u r totally right..and i note all yur post...three points gained i would say tonight was more important than the performance...yes poyet did name the same starting line up..which was good to see..and i think the players need to take there share of the blame for that first half not just point the finger at poyet..certainly whatever he said to them at half time had some effect...not too sure what fergusson was up to though his side got more defensive right from the start of the 2nd half...bad move in my opinion

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea

Immense?

Really.

We were awful tonight and lucky to win.

Note to Gus: practice crossing in trainibg. A lot.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
hmm..we seemed to have quite a lot of shots in tht 2nd half...never got the feeling that we were toothless..but always happy to listen to yur opinion.

ps dobbie came on for crofts :)

Likewise lamster - I feel we have been toothless for ages TBH.

Sorry about getting the substitution wrong. lol

Eagle Slayer

Jul 15, 2007
Worthing
Most boring first half of football I've ever had to sit through , second half was better ..... loads of corners which a Brighton player never seems to get on the end of.

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
Think you may have been at a different game to me. Good 3 points yes, but if it wasn't for the late winner your comments would seem very out of place..!!

What about if Orlandi's volley had gone post and in rather than out? And Buckley's shot which skimmed the post had gone to the top corner? And we had got the penalty in the second half? And won 3-0.
Ifs and buts work both ways you know. Anyone who thinks we didn't deserve 3 points after that second half performance needs to get their heads checked.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
I'm pleased for you...If your proud of that, you don't set your sights to high do you???

what is it you want from the team - we are playing the best football i have ever seen us play ( first game 1976) in an amazing stadium with fantastic potential with club being run by a chairman who actually supports the team. What are you aming for 442 and hoof it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here