Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Am I the only one who is worried??

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
I'm not worried.

I think we showed some naivety today in possession and learned what will happen if we dither or make the wrong choices in the centre of the park.
We should learn from this.

If it were up to me we would get a superior midfielder in to partner Bridcutt, who looked pretty competent today.

I don't think we need anyone else urgently except for cover. Dunk looked CLASS - I am very excited about this player.

We have excellent wingers and strikers. The rest seemed to warm to the task.

Not worried, not carried away... but thrilled with the day, the fans, with gus and the Albion in general.

GOOD TIMES AND WE ALL KNOW IT!!! I hope the team continues to evolve to contend with the challenge of a difficult league nevertheless.

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
With the amazing Amex revenues, far exceeding their estimates even a month ago, TB and Gus will get the cheque book out this month for quality, if the right players come along.

Add his high quality coaching.

= more positive times ahead!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
We were awful in the first half and failed to go wide and then deliver.

I have to say we looked better in the 2nd half and had a really good 15 minutes dominating them but failed to score however Donny paid the price for trying to defend a 1-0 lead and Buckley was awesome

FlownWest

Aug 10, 2010
I personally give them the benefit of the doubt as there was clearly a lot of pressure and expectation on this game. A win on the opening day back in the championship is good enough for me.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
There aren't many posts on this thread I disagree with. I think Donny will be a mid table side and am pleased we have beaten them. You tend to want to play teams with smaller squads later in the season when injuries to impact them more than bigger playing squads, but we got them first up and got the result.

Noone pleased me - I thought he might struggle at this level but was at his incisive best, and Buckley looks as much a top drawer signing as CMS. Even if we had drawn, we'd have created enough chances to win 4 games and I'd still be as optimistic as I am that we will have a good season. We are going to RUIN Palace when we play them.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Thought that he was very poor in the first half but improved in the 2nd. Dicker was terrible and Sparrow dint do enough. Barnes contributed as much as me and I was sat in West Stand Lower. After a couple more games I think that Gus will buy or loan a defensive midfielder plus an attacking on and probably another striker to compliment CMS.

Nonsense, Barnes had a shot cleared off the line having beaten the keeper (as I said above) and there is still Hoskins to come back to compliment CMS once he's fully fit.

Sompting_Seagull

Jun 8, 2011
North Stand
First things first!!! WHAT A DAY!!!! Amazing stadium, amazing atmosphere and amazing result!!

Was an emotional day and one I will remember forever!!

I'm worried about the performance, we played an ok team and struggled massively. CMS was isolated the whole game, we lacked any kind of quality going forward! Think we seriously need to invest in a solid centre midfielder, a centre back with legs and someone to partner CMS up top. Barnes was well of the pace today!

Worried that there are some big teams in this division and if we play like that today we will defo come unstuck!!

We played some good football with very little end result!!!

What are peoples thougts??

Thats a bit like how i saw it too.

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
First things first!!! WHAT A DAY!!!! Amazing stadium, amazing atmosphere and amazing result!!

Was an emotional day and one I will remember forever!!

I'm worried about the performance, we played an ok team and struggled massively. CMS was isolated the whole game, we lacked any kind of quality going forward! Think we seriously need to invest in a solid centre midfielder, a centre back with legs and someone to partner CMS up top. Barnes was well of the pace today!

Worried that there are some big teams in this division and if we play like that today we will defo come unstuck!!

We played some good football with very little end result!!!

What are peoples thougts??

Yes you are we went 1-0 down and won the game,what more could you ask for?:rave::rave::clap2::clap2::falmer::amex:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
We were awful in the first half and failed to go wide and then deliver.

I have to say we looked better in the 2nd half and had a really good 15 minutes dominating them but failed to score however Donny paid the price for trying to defend a 1-0 lead and Buckley was awesome
They lost it when they brought on Sam Hird(?) for James Coppinger, IMO.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Not at all. If we played like we did in the final 15 minutes we'd be promoted.

Bit early to tell, innit?

livewire11

Banned
Feb 10, 2011
I agree 1-0 down and to come back to win shows great spirit! Just think we defo need to get some extra quality in!!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Nonsense, Barnes had a shot cleared off the line having beaten the keeper (as I said above) and there is still Hoskins to come back to compliment CMS once he's fully fit.

Thought that Barnes was very poor 1 shot cleared off the line and 2 abysmal shots that wouldnt have gone in if they had no players on the pitch I cant wait for Hoskins to be fit as I think that he will compliment CMS and they will score many goals.

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
Got to say if Doncaster are meant to be an average team in this division then bloody hell what is a good team like.
I think teams in this division are going to be a lot tougher to break down, and they won't give us so many chances. And if you make a mistake your going to get punished.

Byrne & Small

Oct 25, 2010
Burgess hill
My only worry is that Dicker is still giving the ball away in very dangerous areas, like he did so often last season but because of League 1 quality he got away with it. But today it was clear that we will get punished for being slack on the ball.

I trust in Gus to make the right calls at the right time, he will see, what we see and more.

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011

The Barnes knocking has started early! First we need to look at Dicker & Sparrow, who were the weak links today. Little instinctive service to CMS and Barnes. Tons of slow sideways passing (Ray Wilkins "the crab"), allowing Doncaster to suffocate our strikers in first half.

livewire11

Banned
Feb 10, 2011
Got to say if Doncaster are meant to be an average team in this division then bloody hell what is a good team like.
I think teams in this division are going to be a lot tougher to break down, and they won't give us so many chances. And if you make a mistake your going to get punished.

100% agree

Mattstrugnell

PC Beard's Stare
Jan 2, 2011
I think it's job done...big occasion and we got three points. Palace lost, we won..that's all that matters for today.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Not worried. The teams that really struggle are the ones that can't score goals and we look to have bundles of talent on that score, although a more robust aerial presence would be good for variety.

Defence wise too our first choices and Dunk all look solid. Just need to get the balance between defence and attack right which may mean an extra body or new player in midfield so the attackers get plenty of the ball.

Considering the massive pressure today on the players thought they did really well second half once they'd settled down. If we hadn't had that one off the line first half, may have been more comfortable throughout.

HoveHorace

Premiership please !
Jan 20, 2011
Hove
Not worried.

We created chances and on another day could have scored 4 or 5.

Yeah sure opposing teams are better than last year but what did you expect ?

Crowd was immense today and helped the team win.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here