Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Am I the only one who is worried??

livewire11

Banned
Feb 10, 2011
First things first!!! WHAT A DAY!!!! Amazing stadium, amazing atmosphere and amazing result!!

Was an emotional day and one I will remember forever!!

I'm worried about the performance, we played an ok team and struggled massively. CMS was isolated the whole game, we lacked any kind of quality going forward! Think we seriously need to invest in a solid centre midfielder, a centre back with legs and someone to partner CMS up top. Barnes was well of the pace today!

Worried that there are some big teams in this division and if we play like that today we will defo come unstuck!!

We played some good football with very little end result!!!

What are peoples thougts??

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Am I worried? No. 1 game in and you're already condeming us. Nice.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Yes, you are the only one who is worried.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
No, I'm sure there are plenty of Palace and Leeds fans who are also worried :)

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
First things first!!! WHAT A DAY!!!! Amazing stadium, amazing atmosphere and amazing result!!

Was an emotional day and one I will remember forever!!

I'm worried about the performance, we played an ok team and struggled massively. CMS was isolated the whole game, we lacked any kind of quality going forward! Think we seriously need to invest in a solid centre midfielder, a centre back with legs and someone to partner CMS up top. Barnes was well of the pace today!

Worried that there are some big teams in this division and if we play like that today we will defo come unstuck!!

We played some good football with very little end result!!!

What are peoples thougts??

Read the Observer report in another thread. They did not see it the way you did. Calm down.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Don't think the three in centre midfield works. Sparrow for me does not do enough to be in the starting side. The substitutions in the second half completely changed the match. The worrying thing for me was Painter getting exposed so much, when he was such a consistent player last season. Once Noone came on, Doncaster weren't getting nearly so much down that side. Saying that, I'm not really worried, as once Noone and Buckley came on we overran them.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Struggled in the first half maybe but second half? Some of that can be put down to the occasion as well. Nothing wrong with the defence today and Bridcutt in front of them was superb. Would like to see a midfielder come in to compete with/ take over from Dicker. Remember Hoskins was not in the squad today so there is someone to partner CMS

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Every game is going to be hard this season, perhaps a good reality check today for anyone who was getting a bit carried away. Donny played well, played some good football and are hard to play against. I actually think we'll get more joy against the sides who are a bit more direct and don't play a similiar style to us.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
I don't think he's being overly negative. In fact I think that analysis is spot on and I suspect that Gus will be thinking on exactly the same lines.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
CMS ran their defence ragged creating spaces for the rest of our team to shoot. Their defenders were shattered by the end of the game. Barnes was very unlucky to have a shot cleared off the line after beating the keeper, Nooney should have done better with his one on one, and we still have Hoskins when he is fully fit. With Buckly able to score goals like that, no, I'm not worried.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Wtf, Barnes put himself about very well today! Noone was superb going forward as was Buckley when he came on. Greer and Dunk looked solid and composed, Calde looked safe too, painter looks like he needs a little confidence. All in all, the boys did well!

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Think CM is the area Gus needs to strengthen more than anything-other than that at this stage i am happy with the squad-got our 1st win in a new stadium so can't be bad.

livewire11

Banned
Feb 10, 2011
3 points to start with is immense!! and palace lost!!! subs today made a huge impact and guess shows that we have a good squad to call upon?

On another note............... WHAT A DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IndependentWSU

May 24, 2011
I was pleased, considering the pressure on those players today. Everyone would've taken that score line this morning. I just hope that CMS shares his MoM Champagne with Buckley

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Nothing wrong with the defence today and Bridcutt in front of them was superb.

Thought that he was very poor in the first half but improved in the 2nd. Dicker was terrible and Sparrow dint do enough. Barnes contributed as much as me and I was sat in West Stand Lower. After a couple more games I think that Gus will buy or loan a defensive midfielder plus an attacking on and probably another striker to compliment CMS. Thought that a win flattered us as we didnt deserve it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here