Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Am i plastic?

TomTheEagle

Nov 15, 2009
Where do i stand on the plastic front then EASY.

Born Brittania Ave (outside the bridge) 1966 and still a supporter and frequent visiter to Chelsea but moved to Brighton 1986 and started supporting my local club(Brighton) have worked matchdays at withdean for the last 8 years.

Only half a bum boy.
Not plastic.
The rest of you mugs are completely plastic.
Your only here cause of Falmer, here cause of Falmer
Or men.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Only half a bum boy.
Not plastic.
The rest of you mugs are completely plastic.
Your only here cause of Falmer, here cause of Falmer
Or men.

Oh joy. another Palace 9 year old :thumbsup:

I bet your Dad's called Dave The Eagle, you remind me of him

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Those have to be the funniest put downs I have seen on here for years...quality!

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Tom-Turkey-788067.jpg

Tom's talking turkey.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Having read the various accusations from some quarters in Easy's 'plastics' thread I too am concerned about whether I am a 'plastic', having until now considered myself a proper Albion fan...

Here are the facts:

Went to around 300 Goldstone games on the spin in my youth aswell as loads of away days.

Went to Priestfield a few times.

STH at Withdean for first 7 years or so.

Have not renewed in the last couple as now have a family and am frankly fed up with the place and the cost. Still go 4 or 5 times a season.

Went mental at home yesterday when Crofts scored scaring the wife! Reminded me of being 18 again.

Plastic?

YOU DECIDE!!

Not plastic.

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
my dad supported west ham in his youth so when i was younger i used to follow them a bit, my dad got me a kit too when i was about 7 too, but then i realised the closest town/city i lived to was brighton, after my dad took me to a game at the goldstone against blackpool and that was it. my dad now follows brighton mostly, but still checks the west ham scores.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I don't think it's too great a crime to follow 2 teams as long as they move in different circles

After all, lord B has his neport county and even Doc talbot is a closet QPR fan, being his 'hometown' club.

Young paxton drives some on here mad with his going on about Spurs but he still watches a fair number of Albion games home & away. All valued support.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
I think everyfan of my generation will at one point support a big four team. For me, it was Liverpool, becuase i hated football untill i moved school and the kid who showd me around and brought me in to football was a 'pool fan. However, i heard about the albion, and started following them at about year four or five (two three years on) and now am a die hard albion fan.

The sad thing is, anyone under 18 (when falmer opens for sure and porbably about now too) has to be really determined to support brighton, since 18 year olds, haven't had a propper ground they'll remember propperly. I.e dying days of teh Goldstone won't be well remmebred, exile probally didn't happen for the younguns like me, and withdean is shite, no one likes it, I say, we're home this weekend, at withdean and i'll get stares and taunts of brightons shit, what a shite ground

What turned me from a liverpoolish fan in to a Brighton fan is reading about the struggle and hearing about it from my dad, (non-affiliated, but likes forrest since he grew up in Grantham) made me realize theres more to football than the cups, and i started to enjoy the buzz supporting a local side gave. I also feel proud knowing that I sit with people, week in and week out, who were there, who gave time, money and emotion in saving the club. That is what needs to be taught by local dads who support teams such as liverpool without a reason to.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I know this much, no plastic fan will ever feel the pride & passion that we get in those rare games like yesturday.

Some are saying we are making too much of it but, until Wednesday, you are only as good as your last result and I'm gonna enjoy it!

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
Off the top of my head I can't remember the year but it was the year before Mullary was appointed & I believe Peter Taylor was in charge but I was taken to watch Brighton Vs Brentford one evening for a cup game, it ended 1 - 1. I was on one of those CCHF holidays & had been with a lovely family from Burgess Hill who took myself & my brother to the match, my first ever.

Anyway I've only been to about 50-60 matches overall throughout the years but always got to London games when Brighton were in town. Made it down for the last game at The Goldstone but have only been to Withdean 5 or 6 times. Tried to get my ex wife over the fence to have sex in the centre circle ( she agreed! ) but we were too drunk to get over so retired back to the hotel to continue our weekend away.

I've followed most every game since that first but really consider myself a true Brighton fan albeit an armchair one. I'd feel upset if i was labelled a plastic but I suppose some would consider me thus. I'm a Londoner who just happened to fall in love with the 1st team I watched & stuck with them through good ( there was lots ) & bad ( there has been more )

Plastic ? ( Remember I have feelings )

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
you can not be plastic following brighton at the moment, FACT.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here