Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Am I a firework killjoy...

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Please can you give me examples of professional events that you want to limit fireworks to?

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I think all children should be struck by soft-centred eggs at a term's end, and also the evening of Hallowe'en by other young males in face-morphing masks with egg-throwing popeye arms. CLOP and SPLAT the ova go, the aborted middles giggling to their doom. On Bonfire Night i like to see young girl's hands ablaze having tampered with them darned sparklers that have been smouldering on the ground the 3 minutes or less. During each week, a brave young thing burning alive on his/her unspinning frisbee attached to the roof of a pylon that everyone knows they ought to touch and climb as they look so bloody friendly and runged.

I am no fan of sudden noise as my heart is frail and hearing an unknown percentage one-sided, so don't like the streets a-hustle with people seeking the same explosions each year, but i am not in a position to ban people enjoying themselves just because i am a miserablist and wish they didn't interupt a fascinating episode of Casualty.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here