Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Always have enough money for a party

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole
The one thing I detest more than anything is people that say their broke. But somehow still have enough money for a big party.

Great Britain.

All I have heard is the country is broke. We have no money. Taxes have to go up, spending has to be cut. I could have quite happily done without that big opening ceremony.

I watched it wanting to vomit. Surely there is better uses for all that cash than a 5 hour Olympic party. Grrr.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
The one thing I detest more than anything is people that say their broke. But somehow still have enough money for a big party.

Great Britain.

All I have heard is the country is broke. We have no money. Taxes have to go up, spending has to be cut. I could have quite happily done without that big opening ceremony.

I watched it wanting to vomit. Surely there is better uses for all that cash than a 5 hour Olympic party. Grrr.

Yes, because when we won the bid for the biggest sporting event on earth, the world was exactly the same back then wasn't it. f*** OFF

D

Deleted member 18477

Great Britain.

The Olympics is going to generate this country a f*** load of money. A lot more than this 'party' cost. So chill the f*** out! In fact, leave the country!

Last edited by a moderator:

Sep 7, 2011
shoreham

Great Britain.

mate take your negativity and shove it up your arse

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
mate take your negativity and shove it up your arse

This.

I have heard all evening people moaning about it. Well, if I hated something so much I would of turned it off hours ago. Attention seeking griping.

The money GB will bring in far out weighs the cost. Fact.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Oh look at me, me, me I want to moan cos I think its big and clever and the big boys in the playground will like me, what a cry baby

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole
This.

I have heard all evening people moaning about it. Well, if I hated something so much I would of turned it off hours ago. Attention seeking griping.

The money GB will bring in far out weighs the cost. Fact.

Do get me wrong the show was impressive... But.

I await your figures with interest. Not attention seeking, its my true feelings towards it. I reckon we lose money on it and I hate paying for it.

If I am wrong to feel this way then so be it. Please feel free to use the F O words all the others seem to have.

Do you really believe as a country we can make a profit from it. Given the large expenditure?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
You wanted to vomit, yet you still watched it.

Oooooookaaaaay

D

Deleted member 22389

I Agree these games are going to generate a lot of money, but is what happens after this. Lets keep our fingers crossed that thousands of new jobs are created especially in manufacturing.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The important thing it to ensure what is spent on these venues has a lasting effect, which I am sure it will.

D

Deleted member 22389

The important thing it to ensure what is spent on these venues has a lasting effect, which I am sure it will.

Well these venues better do. If I hear that they are going to be left and start crumbling then honestly it's a disgrace. I hope the local community can benefit from the venues and everyone can make use of them.

Also the accommodation in the Olympic village, I hope this government converts these in to small offices it will generate business and income. Turning them in to housing to plug the shortfall of housing in London is pointless.

Last edited by a moderator:

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Maybe we should have just drives a couple of red buses around the stadium followed by a black cab. The austerity ceremony.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here