Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Alton Towers,Muslim Day,cancelled

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
clapham_gull said:
I went out for a meal with a muslim the other night and am still alive I think.

If you didn't go medium-rare you should be ok.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Skint Gull said:

If i moved to a different country i would expect to have to abide by their customs. If I were religious and some of the customs were strongly against my beliefs I wouldn't move to that country, i certainly wouldn't expect them to change things to accomodate me!

I am as anti-racism as anybody you could meet, but there's a HUGE DIFFERENCE between racism and changing things in your own country specifically for people who have chosen to move here!
Couldn't agree more. But there are a few on this board who would label you a racist for holding those views. That's what your up against when you try and hold a senisble debate on here.

Mr Burns said:
Couldn't agree more. But there are a few on this board who would label you a racist for holding those views. That's what your up against when you try and hold a senisble debate on here.

Not really Mr B. It's just that they/me labelled YOU racist for your views, which, lets be honest were expressed in a blatantly racist way wether that was you underlying view or not.
(And no, I am not going to make any references to "Asian plagues" at all :) )

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Lokki 7 said:
Not really Mr B. It's just that they/me labelled YOU racist for your views, which, lets be honest were expressed in a blatantly racist way wether that was you underlying view or not.
(And no, I am not going to make any references to "Asian plagues" at all :) )
I fail to see how what I said here was blatantly racist.
Someone on this thread liked me to Nick Griffin, because I am totally against a regilous day at a theme park. Me and I would add most others, it would seem, as it's since been cancelled. The fact the idiot who said this had absolutey none of their facts right. But hopefully if he can be bothered to read this thread he will see a number of posts from a number of posters putting him straight.
As you well know as I'm sure you've read threads since, the comment about Asian Plagues was a tongue in check reference Asian shop keepers in New Zealand and around the world. Now everyone else has now taken the comment as it was meant, and the only two posters who keep bringing it up every time a thread like this appears seems to be you and LI. Maybe because you have f*** all else to argue with.
Maybe you would like to pass your views on a theme park changing its rules for the day, forcing people to behave according to another regilion wether or not they want to.

And while your at it please please please tell me how what I posted earlier in this thread is racist?

I am 100 per cent against what this Muslim group tried to do. So in your view does this make me racist?

Last edited:

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Mr Burns said:
Someone on this thread liked me to Nick Griffin, because I am totally against a regilous day at a theme park. Me and I would add most others, it would seem, as it's since been cancelled. The fact the idiot who said this had absolutey none of their facts right. But hopefully if he can be bothered to read this thread he will see a number of posts from a number of posters putting him straight.
As you well know as I'm sure you've read threads since, the comment about Asian Plagues was a tongue in check reference Asian shop keepers in New Zealand and around the world. Now everyone else has now taken the comment as it was meant, and the only two posters who keep bringing it up every time a thread like this appears seems to be you and LI. Maybe because you have f*** all else to argue with.
Maybe you would like to pass your views on a theme park changing its rules for the day, forcing people to behave according to another regilion wether or not they want to.

And while your at it please please please tell me how what I posted earlier in this thread is racist?

I am 100 per cent against what this Muslim group tried to do. So in your view does this make me racist?

You have not in these posts made any racist comments full stop! if people think you have it just goes to show what is happening to this country. We shouldnt have to tread on eggshells all the time incase we may upset some of these PC idiots! f*** em, free speech still exists!

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
I am answering the point, but without resorting to abuse. Using the phrase normal people in conjunction to distinguish them from Muslims is inherent racism because it implies that Muslims are not normal. And yes it is racism because most Muslims are not ethincally white British.

People who attended the park were not being forced to be Muslims for a day. They were only being asked to respect the religion of a number of British people. For one day only.

Expecting people to integrate in to society is not about making them abandon all of their views and beliefs but accomodating them and encouraging them to respect the views and beliefs of Britain. How does denying people the right to a day's enjoyment of their choosing encourage integration? I suggest it is not.

I do understand and would massively share the disappointment of people like the wedding couple. But why should a commerical organisation not be free to change its admission policy, and the nature of its offering for a day when it chooses and publicises? Have you never turned up at an entertainment venue and been disappointed by what was on offer?

In the end commercial pressure has told. There was no demand from British Muslims for the event and its off.

Mr Burns said:
As you well know as I'm sure you've read threads since, the comment about Asian Plagues was a tongue in check reference Asian shop keepers in New Zealand and around the world.

Indeed so, my reference to you as a "Nazi Plague" was a tongue-in-cheek reference to closet racists who bang on and on about non-event stories like this fun day in order to stir up as much resentment against Muslims and/or immigrants as they can.

Glad we've cleared that one up.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Lord Bracknell said:
When did that happen?

I think he means majority Christian as its always been, a christian country. Secular though since Charles the second, i think.

Mr Burns said:

Ahh Mr B., Mr B. As you well know my reference to your racist comments was not aimed at this thread at all. Although it was no surprise to me upon opening this thread, that your smiling face was soon peeking back at me from the screen. What do I think of this Alton Towers issue? I think it is a non issue. Are your comments in this thread racist? Casually so maybe ("normal people" :dunce: ), as is your usual style. Do they alone make you a racist? Of course not.
My point was more a yawn to you banging on about how hard done by and picked on you always are in these debates. But as LI says, don't take it personally, take it tongue in cheek because no one can possibly be offended by tongue in cheek comments. Can they?

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
m20gull said:

Expecting people to integrate in to society is not about making them abandon all of their views and beliefs but accomodating them and encouraging them to respect the views and beliefs of Britain.

True expecting people to intergrate doesn't mean them abanoning their veiws beleif etc, neither does it mean us abandoning our veiws and beleifs which is the issue burns is on about.

Normal people can often refer to social norms, that would be the majority population in whatever context it is used..

Vlad the Impala

Jul 16, 2004
looney said:
True expecting people to intergrate doesn't mean them abanoning their veiws beleif etc, neither does it mean us abandoning our veiws and beleifs which is the issue burns is on about.

Normal people can often refer to social norms, that would be the majority population in whatever context it is used..

So if you refer to the majority as 'normal,' how do you refer to the minority using the same language?

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Vlad the Impala said:
So if you refer to the majority as 'normal,' how do you refer to the minority using the same language?

Just because theres a South downs doesn't mean there has to be a North ups.

Normal in the context he used it meant standard and not right. So technically the opposite would be unusual not abnormal, but as that could be open to interpetation minority would be more acurate.

Try to remember if theres a confusion in meaning its up to Burns to explain what he meant not for others to prejudge given their political agenda.

The peasants are revolting, and so are the lefties.

Vlad the Impala

Jul 16, 2004
looney said:
Just because theres a South downs doesn't mean there has to be a North ups.

Normal in the context he used it meant standard and not right. So technically the opposite would be unusual not abnormal, but as that could be open to interpetation minority would be more acurate.

Try to remember if theres a confusion in meaning its up to Burns to explain what he meant not for others to prejudge given their political agenda.

The peasants are revolting, and so are the lefties.

You do talk crap sometimes. Actually a lot of the times. And that is a particularly pathetic answer.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
London Irish said:
Indeed so, my reference to you as a "Nazi Plague" was a tongue-in-cheek reference to closet racists who bang on and on about non-event stories like this fun day in order to stir up as much resentment against Muslims and/or immigrants as they can.

Glad we've cleared that one up.
Non-event. So are you saying this day was never planned and it's just made up to stir up resentment.

A Muslim group planned to force everyone who entered the park that day to play by their rules. I lay a lot of the blame at Alton Towers' door, for allowing them to even think about it.

But dont jump on your high horse because it was Muslims that tried it, everyone who disagrees must be racist. I'd have the same feeling if any group, whether regilious or otherwise tried to dictate what I can do on a day out to a theme park. This country has laws, and I'll follow them thank you very much.

I do note though you dont give an opinion of your own, except use the term non-issue. Well get your head out of your arse, because it was an issue, hence a discussion was started not just here, but on numerous radio stations, and I'm sure elsewhere around the country.

The fact is a group tried to hire the park and force its beliefs on others. Luckerly 'normal' muslims gave them a firm:salute: . And good on em.

But you and Lokkis replies as usual just try and put down people who make a vaild point, without offering any real input of your own. If its a 'non-event' why are you discussing it?

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Vlad the Impala said:
You do talk crap sometimes. Actually a lot of the times. And that is a particularly pathetic answer.

Of course you wont explain why will you Gloria? Intelligent people scare you dont they?

Know your limitations.................

Attachments

• zebrabike.jpg
    zebrabike.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 37

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here