Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Alton Towers,Muslim Day,cancelled

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
clapham_gull said:
I went out for a meal with a muslim the other night and am still alive I think.

you might want to see a doctor just to confirm that

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
BarrelofFun said:
I think my Doctor is a muslim. What would I do in that case?

visit your dentist

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
BarrelofFun said:
He is half Portuguese, half Pakistani. I will have to broach th subject carefully as to whether he is Muslim or Catholic. I don't want to get blown up or something like that...

i imagine he can do some pretty nasty thing with his scaler and other dental instruments

i would just go to the butcher. not sure how he would help medically, but he is guaranteed to be english and you could get some meat

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
clapham_gull said:
Laughable the response to this on here.

As posted above - it was booked like any other corporate event.

Wrong, it wasn't booked like any other corporate event. What other corprate event requires people to obey a different set of laws? I think the reason why people got so pissed at this, is because the park was still open to the public that day. BUt anyone who went in to the park, would have had to of obeyed the Muslim rules.

If the park was totally shut to the general public, then let them do what they want. Many organistions hire the park after hours, christain groups, boy scouts, the girl guides and can pretty much do what they want. But why should normal people have to obey Muslim laws, because they happen to attend the theme park on that day.

I'm glad it's been cancelled due to lack of support, is show these idiots who try and set these things up are now a laughing stock.
:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Last edited:

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
MYOB said:
Exactly, it was a corporate booking by a company called Islamic Leisure. No different to a day for Halifax employees or a day for unemployed Croydon scumbags...
How did you work that one out? When Halifax employees hire the park, does everyone who attends that day have to follow a different set of laws based on the Halifax?:nono: :nono: Get yer facts right son!

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Mr Burns said:
How did you work that one out? When Halifax employees hire the park, does everyone who attends that day have to follow a different set of laws based on the Halifax?:nono: :nono: Get yer facts right son!

Erm, what facts? If the park was hired out by Halifax they could set whatever rules they wanted for people to come in. Ditto if it was hired by 'Anglican Leisure' or 'Welsh Methodist Leisure'. However, I doubt your petty reactionism would give a f*** in those cases.

Indeed, "BNP/National Front Leisure" could hire it out, you might fit in then.

Last edited:

Vlad the Impala

Jul 16, 2004
Mr Burns said:
BUt anyone who went in to the park, would have had to of obeyed the Muslim rules.

Are you sure you are English ? ?

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
MYOB said:
Erm, what facts? If the park was hired out by Halifax they could set whatever rules they wanted for people to come in. Ditto if it was hired by 'Anglican Leisure' or 'Welsh Methodist Leisure'. However, I doubt your petty reactionism would give a f*** in those cases.

Indeed, "BNP/National Front Leisure" could hire it out, you might fit in then.
What a very sad comeback. You sad little man:dunce:

When was the last time Alton Towers was hired out for a corporate event, and every one who attend the park on that day had to follow a different set of laws?

Because it was Muslims and I totally disagree with what they wanted to do, you instantly shout Racist BNP/National Front. If Gay Pride wanted to hire it, and make everyone walk round in same-sex pair holding hands for the day, I would be strongly against it. Would that make me anti-gay. A gay-basher?
I would have no problem if Muslims, Christains, Jews or any other group wanted to hire it, and just got on with it. But I would and do have a problem, if Muslims, Christains, or Jews or any one else hired it and wanted to make me follow their laws and rules.

Last edited:

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Mr Burns said:
What a very sad comeback. You sad little man:dunce:

When was the last time Alton Towers was hired out for a corporate event, and every one who attend the park on that day had to follow a different set of laws?

Because it was Muslims and I totally disagree with what they wanted to do, you instantly shout Racist BNP/National Front. If Gay Pride wanted to hire it, and make everyone walk round in same-sex pair holding hands for the day, I would be strongly against it. Would that make me anti-gay. A gay-basher?
I would have no problem if Muslims, Christains, Jews or any other group wanted to hire it, and just got on with it. But I would and do have a problem, if Muslims, Christains, or Jews or any one else hired it and wanted to make me follow their laws and rules.

Erm, no I accused you of it because you've been making stuff up ('different laws' - they're rules not laws; and about the park being open to the general public when on private hire, which its not) to support your own twisted viewpoint, which is that you hate a specific religion and all its adherents, and do an incredibly poor job of hiding it.

Theres nobody being 'made' do anything, because it would have been a private hire, anyone who entered was agreeing to the rules. And guess what? Not enough of them wanted to go, because despite what you may want to believe, the majority of muslims don't actually live that kind of lifestyle, and those that do are unlikely to want to go to a theme park anyway.

Are you sure you're not Nick Griffin?

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
MYOB said:
Erm, no I accused you of it because you've been making stuff up ('different laws' - they're rules not laws; and about the park being open to the general public when on private hire, which its not) to support your own twisted viewpoint, which is that you hate a specific religion and all its adherents, and do an incredibly poor job of hiding it.

Theres nobody being 'made' do anything, because it would have been a private hire, anyone who entered was agreeing to the rules. And guess what? Not enough of them wanted to go, because despite what you may want to believe, the majority of muslims don't actually live that kind of lifestyle, and those that do are unlikely to want to go to a theme park anyway.

There's been a huge over reaction on here from a few posters. Nobody on this thread has posted ANYTHING even remotely racist!

All the comments are from people not happy that rules had been changed to 'accomdate' muslims and everybody else has to follow them! You are correct that the majority of muslims don't follow this lifestyle but wrong when you say its ok because anyone who entered was agreeing to those rules.

My folks are going up next week for what must be a 500 mile round trip. What if they'd gone on 'Muslim day' and found that amongst other things there was no music playing, no arcade machines and they couldn't eat certain foods?

If i moved to a different country i would expect to have to abide by their customs. If I were religious and some of the customs were strongly against my beliefs I wouldn't move to that country, i certainly wouldn't expect them to change things to accomodate me!

I am as anti-racism as anybody you could meet, but there's a HUGE DIFFERENCE between racism and changing things in your own country specifically for people who have chosen to move here!

Dandyman

In London village.
Mr Burns said:
Absolutey no doubt.

Muslims are not a race any more than Christians are, so how can this be a race issue ?

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
MYOB said:

The main problem people had with this with this numb-nuts, is the park WAS open to the general public. The reason you keep saying it wasn't is because you don't know what you are talking about.
Anyone who turned up that day, would have to have followed the rules that the organisers of the Muslim day laid down. That is where the problem was. It was to be a 'theme day' not a total hire.

As I said, many groups hire the park in the evening after it has closed to the general public. This group had it during the day when the general public would have been allowed in. If they had hired it for the evening, as I said before let them do want they want. But why should they force they're rules on Joe Public or turned up for a fun day at the park. I think the fact that your 'average' Muslim has turned there back on the event speaks volumes,

So if I supported 'my twisted viewpoint' by stating the park would be open to the general public, I take it you think the whole idea was twisted then, as the park WAS due to be open to the general public? Your words not mine.

To say I hate every religion because I strongly disagree with what was planned here (whether Muslim, Christain or anything else as I've said before), is just the cowardly name calling twats like you use, whenever you hear anything said against a group.

Now I suggest you run along, maybe even phone the park and confirm that it was open to the general public for the day, even though you keep saying it was a 'private hire'. They will then explain to you 'Private Hires' only take place after general hours, not during the day. Then you might like to come back and explain why you think my views were twisted for 'suggesting' it was open to the public when is was.
People like you course more racial tension by jumping two footed on anyone who's dares make a comment against any regilion thats not Christain.
By your own comment you would seem to agree that as the park WAS open to the public on this day, then what was planned would have been twisted.:shootself :shootself :shootself

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here