Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] Altogether, say BOOM!!!

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
And here we have today’s entry for comedy gold status.

D080DC25-9943-4FA9-9B50-5DD9B48B80B2.png

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
I thought I’d wait till you finally won a game as people get a bit tetchy on here when you aren’t doing that well .

We hadn’t won for what felt like years and now we have you’re above us on goal difference

Well done [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
It’s either:
“Can I say something to the fans?“

Or:
“Can I ask something of the fans?”

Not:
“Can I ask something to the fans?”

He's French, and couldn't speak a word of English until last year. I think he's doing fine :)

I'm coming to the conclusion that Palace aren't actually a football club. They're just a long running joke. Goal music, call and response, crap card displays, letters to the players, the always ultras and now this. From a 'player'!

They can't be real. No one can be that embarrassing on so many fronts for so many years.

And yet whenever Palace are mentioned on TV or radio, commentators and analyst can't help but mention how impressive the atmosphere is at Selhurst Park. What do they say about the Amex? :)

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
It's pretty embarrassing really. These things are meant to happen organically, naturally. He is basically asking to become cultish. I imagine even Palace fans are a little bit head in hands on this one. Cringe.

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
Does anyone at your club treat them seriously?

I think some of their "statements" come across as seriously wanky, but they've made an enormous difference to the atmosphere at Selhurst in the last 10 years so they're a necessary evil. Matchdays would be worse without them.

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
It's pretty embarrassing really. These things are meant to happen organically, naturally. He is basically asking to become cultish. I imagine even Palace fans are a little bit head in hands on this one. Cringe.

I agree. This is a slippery slope, and if you're not careful you end up with clappers and words to songs up on the big screen.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
And yet whenever Palace are mentioned on TV or radio, commentators and analyst can't help but mention how impressive the atmosphere is at Selhurst Park. What do they say about the Amex? :)

Ah, the fabled atmosphere. The envy of the world, organic in creation, grass roots led by a group of great guys. Those guys own South London.

View attachment 146891

Oh, no, wait. They're a bunch of weapons grade bellends who desperately try to emulate and match the ultras of Europe, fail miserably, have regular hissy fits and are the laughing stock of the country. Like the club they 'support'.

:thumbsup:

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005

View attachment 146891

That 'boom' thing is so toe curlingly embarrassing, it will certainly be taken up. Its what they do. I expect the announcer to start it.

As to that 'press release' it is funny on many levels.
1. Who do they think they are?
2. Another wonderful opportunity to air dirty linen in public.
3. Piss the young club off.
4. You reap what you sow Beaky. He should have called their bluff when they got pissy knickered about where they were. He's as weak as piss.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I can’t wait to see today’s embarrassing instalment.

They will have to really do something special to be more comical than the last 2 days.

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
Ah, the fabled atmosphere. The envy of the world, organic in creation, grass roots led by a group of great guys. Those guys own South London.

Oh, no, wait. They're a bunch of weapons grade bellends who desperately try to emulate and match the ultras of Europe, fail miserably, have regular hissy fits and are the laughing stock of the country. Like the club they 'support'.

:thumbsup:

To be fair to the good Palace fans, and there are loads, they hate the Ultras and the embarrassment they bring on their club. One mate of mine who got turfed out of this seat so the little virgins can bang their drums and scream into their megaphone whilst displaying their Blue Peter Placards, has never been back. I told him and others that we would never let this happen at Brighton as we have good organised fan power, as demonstrated in the past on Getting rid of Archer and planning permission for Falmer and in
More recent times when Barber wanted to try a drummer (not on
Our watch you don't). They feel there is no chance of getting rid as Parish has been brain washed by them. I actually feel sorry for the good fans as they really hate the image they give.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I think some of their "statements" come across as seriously wanky, but they've made an enormous difference to the atmosphere at Selhurst in the last 10 years so they're a necessary evil. Matchdays would be worse without them.

Tell that to the long term STHs (including a very good friend of mine) who were turfed out of their seats in the Holmsdale lower so that Parish could bow down to the Always Ultras and give them the best seats.

My friend hasn't been back.

But it's OK - it's the Palace way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here