Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Already Decided This Coming Season Will Be My Last as STH

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yep, you have a point. Pretty much what Donald Trump said too ................. although I will concede that you haven't advocated injecting cleaning fluid!

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Stupidly long roundabout transport mode there and back. Either that or leave shortly after half time because it's clearly more important to get the train home than to watch the game you paid to watch

I sometimes walk it from Preston Park station. Quite a nice walk - up Surrenden Road, across Hollingbury and through Coldean woods. Takes about an hour or so but you don't have to catch any public transport to the stadium.

But your claim that it takes six hours to/from Preston Park using trains is clearly ridiculous. It doesn't take me that long and I live in London.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Sarcasm somewhat misplaced, methinks.

Current thinking is that Omicron is mild, albeit easily spread. Covid deaths estimated at 1 in 3,000 compared to 1 in 250 two years ago. It is the dog that has barked for the most part. There will always be exceptions but we really should not be concerned or doing anything different than we were before Covid. As it is a coronavirus, Covid is very unlikely to morph into a virus that is more harmful than Omicron B5/B6.

Indeed, there is almost certainly a bigger issue round the corner from influenza, which has has had two years off due to lockdowns (and perhaps mask wearing) so our collective immunity has reduced. Influenza spreads less easily but is more serious.

Fine for you to take this view for yourself but not to recommend it for others. I try to keep up to date with the way the virus is developing and what’s happening with the booster programme and am still comfortable being out and about. I will also have no hesitation in going into a lockdown if I feel it necessary and won’t wait for the advice of Governments etc.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I have problem with walking for an hour or so (subject to weather) so am considering getting the 700 bus (free) into Brighton and walking to the ground from there. And then do the reverse after the game - avoiding queue at Falmer. That's fine for most games - but evening kick offs are trickier due to less frequent buses.

Getting the 700 and walking does mean you'll be walking for an hour or so. You could get off at Palmeria Sq and jump on a 25 or 49 there to get you up to the Amex. The queue for getting the bus back into town can be a bit crap but also can work well; such are the vagaries of bus travel.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I suppose I could give it a go ...

I'll report back if it gets nicked :lolol:

Given the police/stewards/cctv in attendance at a match I'd say any thief trying to steal a bike/helmet from outside the Amex during a match must be as thick as shit.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Getting the 700 and walking does mean you'll be walking for an hour or so. You could get off at Palmeria Sq and jump on a 25 or 49 there to get you up to the Amex. The queue for getting the bus back into town can be a bit crap but also can work well; such are the vagaries of bus travel.

Al these suggestions for how to get to the Amex reminds me of the first minute of this sketch :smile:

https://youtu.be/bacSXN8BPJ0

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Sarcasm somewhat misplaced, methinks.

Current thinking is that Omicron is mild, albeit easily spread. Covid deaths estimated at 1 in 3,000 compared to 1 in 250 two years ago. It is the dog that has barked for the most part. There will always be exceptions but we really should not be concerned or doing anything different than we were before Covid. As it is a coronavirus, Covid is very unlikely to morph into a virus that is more harmful than Omicron B5/B6.

Indeed, there is almost certainly a bigger issue round the corner from influenza, which has has had two years off due to lockdowns (and perhaps mask wearing) so our collective immunity has reduced. Influenza spreads less easily but is more serious.

Omicron is mild but the recent variant BA5 is causing problems. 863 died in the last 7 days in the UK.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018

Thanks for the Palmeira Sq tip ... I've never got my head around B&H bus numbers and routes ... despite the fact one of my sons has been a driver for them for years. We've always caught the 700 from Shoreham High St to Brighton as it's so direct whereas the number 2 goes on a magical mystery tour!

Assume you just show season ticket on phone for free travel?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Not sure why this couldn't be tagged onto one of the existing type threads but...

Always saddened to hear a long term fan saying they're giving up. Many "newer" fans might not stick around when things dip (we've had a mighty run since the Amex opened). The older fans know what it's like to follow a team really through the mire.

I'm currently on hiatus (my username is inappropriate nowadays) for last season and this one, hope to get back to a season ticket in 2023.

So, no hate from me. Hope you can relight your fire and enjoy it all again.

I have high hopes he will still be with us after this season. Saying you are going to cancel your season ticket is one thing, actually doing it is quite another.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
The levels of self-importance you must have to start a thread like this. Just do it and get on with it FFS. Plenty of other people enjoy the Amex experience and living it through kids, grand kids whatever.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Thanks for the Palmeira Sq tip ... I've never got my head around B&H bus numbers and routes ... despite the fact one of my sons has been a driver for them for years. We've always caught the 700 from Shoreham High St to Brighton as it's so direct whereas the number 2 goes on a magical mystery tour!

Assume you just show season ticket on phone for free travel?

Yes you just show your season ticket when you board. The 25 no longer runs from Palmeira Square straight to the ground during the day, you can catch a 49 there to East Moulsecoomb and then walk, or change again at the Old Steine to a 25 straight to the Amex.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The levels of self-importance you must have to start a thread like this. Just do it and get on with it FFS. Plenty of other people enjoy the Amex experience and living it through kids, grand kids whatever.

Or perhaps just going through a bad patch like we all do sometimes.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Yes you just show your season ticket when you board. The 25 no longer runs from Palmeira Square straight to the ground during the day, you can catch a 49 there to East Moulsecoomb and then walk, or change again at the Old Steine to a 25 straight to the Amex.

Ah thanks; only ever catch the 25 in rush hour which obviously has a different service to when matches will be on.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
So last season I said I wouldn't be renewing my three season tickets, mainly due to the fact that both lads are now playing in SCFL and I'd rather watch them. However, due to ill health, retirement and a load of other stuff going on I missed the deadline. So I'm now getting mates to sort the Albion+ and they can use the tickets when a fixture classes with the lads. Oh well, worse things happen!

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Thing has just about run its course for me, will be stepping aside. BHAFC can sink or swim with or without my £. Time was when the proper fanbase made the difference. That's not the case anymore. Despite living about 3 miles from the Amex, still makes it about a 6 hour covid high-risk round trip.

Just too tired. Just can't be arsed with it anymore. Club mask regime and SASTA make it perfectly clear they don't care if we catch covid or not. ****s

Lewes FC looks like a way better day out on just about every level

Good, we don't need plastics like you....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here