Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Already Decided This Coming Season Will Be My Last as STH

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Another option is cycling to the The Amex (from Shoreham) although I'm not sure what the policy is about being able to take a helmet into the ground?? Anyone know? This option would also be weather dependent!!
Is there any reason why you can't just lock the helmet through whichever mechanism you use for securing the bike.

some of the comments made to THPP are pretty pathetic!!

As [MENTION=10856]1066familyman[/MENTION] says, anyone writing this kind of thread is going to get some pushback.
There's a fair few posters here who'd get serious pushback, even without the hyperbole, THPP is very much one of us!

The OP coupled with the poster has far too many open goals for NSC to go straight into 'fancy a curry, hun?' mode.

Yet despite all that, assistance has still been offered, which means in 5 years time we may still be treated to 'i thought you left?' comments.

It's just the way we roll.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
I'm not sure what to do about travel this coming season.

I haven't renewed my Seagulls Travels season ticket ... few reasons including increased cost plus we had a number of issues last year with constantly changing vehicles, break downs and a different driver most weeks that didn't know the route and were taking wrong turns and missing pick ups! I know it's tough times in the travel industry but I wasn't prepared to pay the much higher price for a service with question marks over it.

I don't like packed trains (with beered up blokes) so avoid them as much as possible. I have problem with walking for an hour or so (subject to weather) so am considering getting the 700 bus (free) into Brighton and walking to the ground from there. And then do the reverse after the game - avoiding queue at Falmer. That's fine for most games - but evening kick offs are trickier due to less frequent buses.

Another option is cycling to the The Amex (from Shoreham) although I'm not sure what the policy is about being able to take a helmet into the ground?? Anyone know? This option would also be weather dependent!!

Of course the best options would be a decent train service with more carriages where passengers aren't treated like cattle!!

As a footnote ... some of the comments made to THPP are pretty pathetic!![/QUOTE

Just as a matter of interest what time do you normally get to the ground

Travelling with Seagulls Travel we used to park up in the coach park appx an hour before kick off.

When I've not used ST I've usually got to the ground earlier ... sometimes as the gates open. So getting to the ground early by train isn't much of an issue ... but I hate the post match travel by train.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
Is there any reason why you can't just lock the helmet through whichever mechanism you use for securing the bike.

Won't work with the big thick lock I use ... wouldn't go through the vents in the helmet.

I know people have commented about having issues taking motorbike helmets into the ground ... but they're far heavier than cycle helmets ... so on the basis the club kind of 'encourages' people to cycle as an option of getting to the ground, you'd hope they'd allow you to take them in. I'll check with good old supporter services! :thumbsup:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Won't work with the big thick lock I use ... wouldn't go through the vents in the helmet.

I know people have commented about having issues taking motorbike helmets into the ground ... but they're far heavier than cycle helmets ... so on the basis the club kind of 'encourages' people to cycle as an option of getting to the ground, you'd hope they'd allow you to take them in. I'll check with good old supporter services! :thumbsup:

Here's an £8.59 simple but effective lock, that could be used to attach your helmet to your bike.
Or your bike when just popping to the cafe to order!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hiplok-Uni...38&hvtargid=pla-667656358485&psc=1&th=1&psc=1

Think of it as a glorified Jubilee clip.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Might work for a 2 minute 'pop into a cafe' .... but I wouldn't want to rely on it when the bike is left for 3 hours or so!

Yeah sure.

I mean lock your bike as usual and use the little one to lock your helmet, to the bike or through the main lock.
It's hard to imagine your bike helmet is so alluring to a thief - if it is what bike are you riding? :drool:

Anyway why can't you lock through your helmet straps as opposed the casing?

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
Yeah sure.

I mean lock your bike as usual and use the little one to lock your helmet, to the bike or through the main lock.
It's hard to imagine your bike helmet is so alluring to a thief - if it is what bike are you riding? :drool:

Anyway why can't you lock through your helmet straps as opposed the casing?

I suppose I could give it a go ...

I'll report back if it gets nicked :lolol:

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
We drive 20 mins to Burgess Hill and jump on the Seagulls Travel bus , just over an hour each way to and from the Amex.

I’ve moved from the upper west to lower west so reckon I’ve saved 40 mins a game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
People are still concerned about Covid? Really!?

To be fair - I know more than a few previously very fit people struggle after having covid - even now with heart / lung issues affecting fitness. Not enough to impact every day life but enough to add a few minutes onto a 5k run.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

I know two people who caught in the last two weeks in Portsmouth. I tested myself a couple of times when I came home to make sure i hadn’t caught it.
I went to a memorial service in Gloucester at the beginning of July & had to wear a mask because the Gloucester hospitals are full to overflowing. 1 in 35 has it.

I also know of three people who caught Covid at the Amex last season. Don’t forget restrictions weren’t lifted completely until April, but scarcely anyone at the Amex wore masks.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Those who are very elderly or suffering from various conditions which mean they have a good chance of dying from it, yes - but hey, let's ignore selfish people like that, eh? Natural selection really, innit? Oh, and just occasionally super fit people can have a bad outcome too. What a pity. Never mind.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Those who are very elderly or suffering from various conditions which mean they have a good chance of dying from it, yes - but hey, let's ignore selfish people like that, eh? Natural selection really, innit? Oh, and just occasionally super fit people can have a bad outcome too. What a pity. Never mind.

Sarcasm somewhat misplaced, methinks.

Current thinking is that Omicron is mild, albeit easily spread. Covid deaths estimated at 1 in 3,000 compared to 1 in 250 two years ago. It is the dog that has barked for the most part. There will always be exceptions but we really should not be concerned or doing anything different than we were before Covid. As it is a coronavirus, Covid is very unlikely to morph into a virus that is more harmful than Omicron B5/B6.

Indeed, there is almost certainly a bigger issue round the corner from influenza, which has has had two years off due to lockdowns (and perhaps mask wearing) so our collective immunity has reduced. Influenza spreads less easily but is more serious.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

I posted on the Covid thread about my step father. He is now 81, type 1 Diabetes, BAME, disabled and has a dodgy ticker. He said at the start of Covid "I feel like there's a target on my back".

He and my mum shielded properly throughout the first two waves and got all their jabs, He finally got Covid for the first time (as did she, 78, slightly batty) in June this year. Barely a symptom and still, very much, alive.

A colleague's wife works in Intensive Care as a nurse near High Wycombe. They were overwhelmed with Covid in the first wave but currently have no patients in their ICU due purely to Covid despite about 3 million cases nationally.

It's just another disease now and people should deal with it. Unfortunately, the older and sicker you get, the more risk you carry. Just ask an actuary. But no one's still suggesting banning cars as a solution to RTA deaths.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here