Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Alopecia

rospants

off to ronan in the park!
Jul 11, 2005
brighton
Had a clump of hair fall out this week which has left a bald patch on my head, my doctor says i've got Alopecia. Has anyone even had this themselves or know anyone who has? I was wondering how long it took to grow back etc.. thanks

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Had a clump of hair fall out this week which has left a bald patch on my head, my doctor says i've got Alopecia. Has anyone even had this themselves or know anyone who has? I was wondering how long it took to grow back etc.. thanks

Hair today ... gone tomorrow.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Superwife had it many years ago. I know she had a cortizone [sp] injection which helped. But basically she looked after her hair, used the right treatments/shampoos etc and over the years it grew back. Fortunatly she was generally always able to cover the area with a scarf, or just by the way she brushed/styled her hair. Don't worry, it will come back.

rospants

Jul 11, 2005
brighton
thanks superphil, got given a shampoo by the doctor yesterday, and i think i'll invest in a scarf, am bit paranoid about it at mo

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Can also be attributed to stress and trauma. If you have any thing like that in your life it may be worth trying to combat that as well.

rospants

Jul 11, 2005
brighton
Can also be attributed to stress and trauma. If you have any thing like that in your life it may be worth trying to combat that as well.

my dad died about 3 1/2 weeks ago, so maybe it could be down to that

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007

Very sorry to hear that. I obviously don't give medical advice but a lot of things that we surpress can manifest themselves in physical symptoms, a classic case being alopecia.

Virgo's Haircut

Resident Train Guru
Jul 5, 2003
On a train...

Are you Terry Garoghan by any chance?

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England

ah bad news, sorry to hear that, I'm no doctor, but I reckon that could well help towards alopicia

my girlffriend has it and is worse when shes stressed or drinking a lot

its a lot better than it used to be though. Um dont know definately why sorry, but it seems to have fixed itself quite well!

Shes was bit self conscious about it though it(wa)s never as bad as she thinks, the plug hole was quite a quite hairier than usual though other than that no bother, so dont worry cos you'll notice it loads more than anyone else will

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
My wife had it many years ago (alopecia). She was put on a course of cortisone and it cleared up within weeks.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Isn't that the condition that this man had/has:

pierluigi-collina.jpg

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
The same condition, but different, if you see what I mean. There is a condition called something like Alopecia Universalis which means you lose all your body hair (see Duncan Goodhew), but rest assured Rospants, it is very rare and you would have suffered total hair loss by now.

I am very sorry to hear about your Dad. My thoughts are with you. Your condition is bound to have been brought on by the loss, grief and stress. So without wishing to sound like Jerry Springer - Take care of yourself and don't bottle anything up. Let it all out.

On a side note, my mother works at a hospice and has some training in grievance counselling, if you need any help then drop me a line - without wishing to sound like BT - It is good to talk.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Fourteenth Eye suffers terribly from that. I've even filled out a donor card so that in the event of my death he can have my hair.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country

Eric Potts

Jul 26, 2004
Top o' Hanover
A few years back i had a few alopecia patches about the size of 2p coins .I was particularly stressed at the time and they grew back OK eventually .

Now I'm just experiencing rampaging male pattern baldness .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here