Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Almost in our own hands!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
can almost taste it, good results for us tonight.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
It is lookimg increasingly likely. It's all about wins now. Most of the top 9 teams are not in good form, only Southampton (5), Reading (4) and Albion (3) have won half or more of their last 6 matches. Blackpool and middlesbrough have won 2; W ham, Brum, Cardiff and Hull only one each. Leicester and Leeds are too far back IMO so, yes, I think we'll make it.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
It is in our own hands really. If we concentrate on our games and get the results, we will qualify.

Besides, a lot of our competitors have to play each other.

bigcabboy

Nov 7, 2011
results this tues and weds have been amazing for us whats the benefits of finishing 3rd or 4th as opposed to 5th or 6th does 3rd play 6th i cant remember how it works

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
5 wins 3 defeats , 15 points making total 76 . Even 73 could be enough for top 6 ( 4 wins ) Watford , Barnsley , Burnley, Forest & Middlesbrough simples

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I'm going to go and have a look at the league table. AGAIN.

you can analyse it all night long. its tight no doubt. Middlesbourgh have got us, Cardiff, Hull and Southampton. Birmingham, have us, Cardiff, Southampton and Reading. I think they are the toughest and easiest (Reading last day will probably being off to the beach) of the 4-9th teams in contention. And the important ones, we win those two, get average form points from the rest and we're there.

oh, but then Cardiff have the easier run dont they with only Birmigham and 'boro ... this could go on all night... :lolol:

Last edited:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
results this tues and weds have been amazing for us whats the benefits of finishing 3rd or 4th as opposed to 5th or 6th does 3rd play 6th i cant remember how it works

3rd and 4th play the second leg at home. 3rd v 6th 4th v 5th.

For example, we were 4th and Swindon were 5th.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Given that one of our remaining games is against Birmingham we could reasonably say that it is indeed in our own hands - if we win that game and otherwise match all the other sides in contention we will make the play-offs. For certain it will go right to the wire :)

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Besides, a lot of our competitors have to play each other.

And vice-versa, the key is what we do against our competitors as we play 4 of them - Middlesbrough (H), Reading (A), West Ham (A) and Birmingham (H)

I think we need a minimum of two wins out of those 4 key games albeit other results may work in our favour.

bigcabboy

Nov 7, 2011
And vice-versa, the key is what we do against our competitors as we play 4 of them - Middlesbrough (H), Reading (A), West Ham (A) and Birmingham (H)

I think we need a minimum of two wins out of those 4 key games albeit other results may work in our favour.

think u will find the reading game is at home beach hut

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham

Isn't Reading at home?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Doh, correct but we must win 2 of these 4

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004

West Ham aren't our competitors, that's just another game. Probably true of Reading as well.

Boro and Brum and ENORMO.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here