Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Almost in our own hands!

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
If we can get a result at Forrest, Then draw with Boro then win v Burnley we will make it I'm sure.

Exciting season will be tighter than a nuns snatch.

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
This is getting into nose bleed territory. As mentioned, we control our destiny. If we get external help, all the better.

West Ham have big psychological problems playing at home at present. In a way, its a shame we're not playing them this weekend. I really think the pressure is getting to West Ham & they could blow up on the run in.

The next two games for us are massive. If we can get maximum points, we have a few toes inside the play-offs. Very hard ask but far from impossible.

windowlicker

Aug 22, 2009
I really think we can make it. we all need to get behind the team as i think this will go down to the last game of the season

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
am i missing something?

we're playing reading, west ham, m'boro and b'ham in coming weeks. therefore it's already in our own hands. we don't need to rely on anyone else.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
am i missing something?

we're playing reading, west ham, m'boro and b'ham in coming weeks. therefore it's already in our own hands. we don't need to rely on anyone else.

No you're not - if we win our remaining eight matches we'll probably be in the automatic places.............but that's a big IF! Still hoping for the play-offs, though

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Tough league to gert stuck in, though - five of the top seven weren't in this league last year................

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Maybe not - but points against them will count!
Of course, but no more than Barnsley, Watford, Burnley, Forest games, because those two will be in the playoffs at least barring the most spectacular collapse imaginable. They're not 6 pointers like Boro and Birmingham are.

Rich Suvner said:
am i missing something?

That's true, but those others could make the same argument for it being in THEIR hands.

Though at this stage it's still too soon to really matter, you want it in your hand with two or three games. From here there are still so many points to play for it isn't hugely important. It could be 'in our hands' after Saturday and out again in a week, we're not going to win every game.

FLOG GNAW

Banned
Sep 21, 2009
Under Your Skin.
I just thread this thread and now I'm excited.

Really, really excited.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
am i missing something?

Was after Tuesday.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Boro and Brum and ENORMO.

Blimey Bob, I was really happy, now you have to introduce a new team. I am really worried about ENORMO now!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Given that one of our remaining games is against Birmingham we could reasonably say that it is indeed in our own hands - if we win that game and otherwise match all the other sides in contention we will make the play-offs. For certain it will go right to the wire :)

am i missing something?

Both of these. Seems some people are merely looking at the table rather than taking into account the games we have. Of the teams below us that have a game in hand, only Brum, Hull and Middlesbrough can go above us. However, we are playing Brum and Middleb' so if we win those games they then cannot go above us if we match their results.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
And at the moment, all the other teams around us are dropping points.
You always need that little bit of luck when things are this tight at the top, and the other team's results have been going in our favour.
Just hope it continues.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here