Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Allardyce talks Hoofball (brighton reference)

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
My West Ham supporting colleague wants to miss out on promotion this season so that they can get rid of Allardyce sooner.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Is the club sustainable if they don't go up this season? One of those articles seems to suggest not.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Whilst Allardyce is undoubtedly one of the biggest wankers around, I'm not convinced if we'd just keep playing that game against them we'd've scored by now. They got lucky but they were airtight at the back, standard Fat Sam tactics really. Get 4 6ft4+ centre backs, lump it, score from set pieces, complain afterwards you're underappreciated for how effective your football is. I sort of respected him at Bolton because he did what he had to with the resources at his disposal, and a more direct approach unsettled teams and got results. But I'm sorry, his budget and players versus the rest of the division - if he wanted to play passing football and win the league, he could. Easily. He's got arguably the best midfield in the division at his disposal and they do f*** all but watch it sail over their heads. Muppet.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Hold on a minute - they won one nil because our stand in keeper made a massive positioning cock up
That seems like a bit of Sky TV punditry. I.e. apportioning blame when their is none. I don't think harper could anticipate that Bridcutt was going to balls up.

To be fair, West ham had us in there pockets that night, we had as much possession as they let us have.

Last edited:

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
just seen this quote in that story

On the battle for promotion
'I have tickets for Amir Khan’s next fight. It’s the same date as the play-off final. I expect to be in Las Vegas that day'

Is he expecting to finish 3rd, lose in the semis, and be sacked by then?

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Big Sam has been a laughing stock for a long time now.

In 20 years? Gus will probably have had the opportunity to manage a top side. Big Sam will still be touting himself for every job going and whinging that he's not concerned because he's English... when it's actually because he's fat, stupid and a TWAT.

SA: ‘We didn’t hoof it. We sat in and played on the break, won 1-0, did them tactically.
The truth.

So when Gus Poyet criticises us, he’s done well. Fabulous. Let’s see him in 20 years.’
Twat.

Hmm, I doubt we'd call Gus a "twat" if he said the same thing after another manager threw in a criticism.
I wouldn't blame him for saying that, his perspective on Gus isn't that he's the future of football management and a tactical genius.
Let's see if we can't "do them tactically" at their place!

just seen this quote in that story

On the battle for promotion
'I have tickets for Amir Khan’s next fight. It’s the same date as the play-off final. I expect to be in Las Vegas that day'

Is he expecting to finish 3rd, lose in the semis, and be sacked by then?

:lolol: Funny but it was the first thing that came to mind when I read that - not that he expected to finish in the top 2.
We might be seeing a bit more of West Ham by the season's end (with playoffs).
There's also the small politic that Gold wanted to team up with DK in owning Brighton and Hove Albion. Lord knows what might have been if they had come on board.
It makes me even more thankful that Tony Bloom took the opportunity for us

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Who cares what that fat Wanker thinks. He will be jobless month

Your right, he is a man under enormous pressure and I for one don't think West Ham will go up. Which will mean Fat Sam gets the sack. Then they will be looking to bring someone in to play the "West Ham way" as they jokingly put it and I wonder who will be top of their wish list?......Just hope the way they treated Zola is remembered by his friend.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Your right, he is a man under enormous pressure and I for one don't think West Ham will go up. Which will mean Fat Sam gets the sack. Then they will be looking to bring someone in to play the "West Ham way" as they jokingly put it and I wonder who will be top of their wish list?......Just hope the way they treated Zola is remembered by his friend.

Why would gus want to drop down from the premier league with us next season to manage championship west ham?

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Why would gus want to drop down from the premier league with us next season to manage championship west ham?

Of course if we went up this would not be an issue. But if we stay down and so do they I can see Gus being very tempted by West Ham and West Ham being very tempted by Gus...It ticks all his boxes for his masterplan towards the Spurs/Chelsea jobs.

Of course if we went up this would not be an issue. But if we stay down and so do they I can see Gus being very tempted by West Ham and West Ham being very tempted by Gus...It ticks all his boxes for his masterplan towards the Spurs/Chelsea jobs.

Really? I can't see how you come to that conclusion. :shrug:
West Ham were a big club used to top flight, but it doesn't mean they are head and shoulders over BHA nowadays. How managing them would do more than get a manager a flat and training ground in London & closer to Spurs and Chelsea, is the only point in that favour.
Pressure, shifty owners who could pull the rug readily, and a move away from the profile made with a freshly stadium'ed club with no debts and loads of ambition?
Fans who will tell the manager to eff off back to.... if the going gets tough? :nono:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

I don't believe it will be a big enough step up. West Ham may be a bigger club than brighton, but I'm not sure it is big enough to attract gus on it's own (I'm not sure why people point to it as a place he'd leave us for, he has no connection to the club as far as I can tell, unlike spurs, chelsea or zaragoza), and especially not big enough when put in the context of being at the same level as brighton. If neither of us go up this year, both will be hotly tipped to be there or there abouts next season. According to one of those articles above, West Ham are operating at a £17m loss this season, and they don't have the excuse of paying for a new stadium or training ground. If they don't go up they might need to sell players, they aren't likely to have the same budget they have this year, so the idea of having better players and more money to work with won't be as huge a draw as it may seem now.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
If we don't go up Poyet will not be here next season, i'm certain of that. This is just an opinion I have and one I realise 95% of people will disagree with. But we will see.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I am inclined to believe he will be here at the start of next season, but if he leaves I would be surprised if it was to another Championship club, even West Ham.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

That was the game where the multi-millionaires PL team arrived, scored after an Albion error gifted Nolan the ball; and then West Ham offered nothing for the remaining 80 minutes with their 11 man tall defence parked in their box.
= The worst WHU team I've ever seen, when you think they've had Brooking, Devonshire, Joe Cole, Di Canio, Rio, etc.

Even the WH fans can't stand his brand of 'football', with their great wind-up of Sam: "We're West Ham United; we play on the floor".

In 20 years time, obese Sam won't be here to see how did Gus get on!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here