Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Allardyce talks Hoofball (brighton reference)

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
SA: ‘We didn’t hoof it. We sat in and played on the break, won 1-0, did them tactically.
The truth.

So when Gus Poyet criticises us, he’s done well. Fabulous. Let’s see him in 20 years.’
Twat.

twat maybe. but he's right.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
What has big sam achieved in his career?

As a playerBolton Wanderers
Football League Second Division: Winner (1977/78)
[edit] As a managerLimerick F.C.
League of Ireland First Division: Winner (1991/92)
Notts County F.C.
Football League Third Division: Winner (1997/98)
Bolton Wanderers F.C.
Football League First Division play-offs: Winner (2000/01)
Football League Cup: Runner-up (2003/04)

LOL.

Hopefully this gets raised in the pre match SW press conference.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Nothing at all. Poyet never said a word about it.

All it's done is pretty much guaranteed that 3,000 Albion fans will spend 90 minutes screaming "Hooooooooooooooooof" at the top of their voices every time West Ham knock the ball more than ten yards.

Well done, Sam, well done :lolol:
punk: :rock: :albion2:

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Bom tish!

I just don't think anyone's giving them enough credit by half. We weren't THAT bad. They just gave us NO options in the final third.

Sadly have to agree. A soon as they went one up, courtesy of an error, they locked the door and we never came close to opening it. It wasn't pretty from West Ham (and they have been uninspiring to watch for most of this season) but it was enough to win the game. Had the positions been reversed we would have hailing a tactical triumph.

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
The pressure is starting to get to Fat Sam. Many fans are on his back, critical of his style & he's been blustering excuses a plenty just recently.

I don't like Allardyce or care much for those West Ham fans who think they have a divine right to Premiership Football. To quote one on the radio the other day: West Ham fans deserve better than Championship football". Really?

If we beat them plus they blow up in the promotion race, in the words of Keegan: "I will love it".

Allardyce will be on his bike if they screw up. He'll return oop north to manage?.....Someone like this lot I reckon. Suited to his style.

020712162946.jpg

D

Deleted member 18477

Big Sam... You're going to hell!!

West Ham... You're going to hell!!!

Kevin Nolan... You're going to hell you f***ing chicken!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
They were AWFUL going forward. One of the worst sides at the Amex in that respect. EXCELLENT defensively, and that's what you expect from an Allardyce side. My point is, with their players and budget, they should be coming to a ground like ours looking to win 3-0 and playing good football. Not excuse for what Fat Sam's done there.

Have to agree with that.

I also reckon if VICENTELOT was FIT at that time we would have won the game.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
There's no space for teams like WestHam in the Premiership anymore. They will forever be a Championship play-off contender, at best, a Yo-Yo team.
Can't wait to smash them in the Play-Offs!

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
I'm amazed at some people's recollections of that West Ham game.

They only 'did' us if they were coming for a 0-0. If that was the case (unlikely, I'd have thought), then up to a point.

The goal was nothing tactical from them, Bridcutt made a mistake he won't do again for five years probably, and Harper could have set himself more centrally.

Our overall football was good that night, we passed them off the pitch, and I came away nowhere near as pissed off as say for Palace. We just badly lacked a cutting edge, a familiar failing earlier in the season, but one which is nothing to do with how West Ham played at all.

I thought given their 'Premier League' players they were really poor on the night. They only looked liked scoring again when we started chasing the game, as we had to.
My recollection too, and I am prepared to give the West Ham defense some credit for our lack of a cutting edge.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Sam is like Tony Pullis. He's able to set essentially mediocre teams up to negate the footballing advantage of many of the teams they play and get results through playing long balls and set pieces. There's a school of thought that used to be espoused by Charles Hughes, formerly FA Head Coach, about the Position Of Maximum Opportunity, POMO. An analysis of goals scored shows that the majority are scored after 3 or less players on the same team play the ball consecutively. So, the theory goes, if you get the ball in the box as quickly as possible, with a hoof, and as often as possible you are more likely to score goals because only one or two of your players will have played the ball. Sam is very keen on statistics and football science. I'll bet he knows all about POMO and sets his teams up to play it more often then not.

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
Sam is like Tony Pullis. He's able to set essentially mediocre teams up to negate the footballing advantage of many of the teams they play and get results through playing long balls and set pieces. There's a school of thought that used to be espoused by Charles Hughes, formerly FA Head Coach, about the Position Of Maximum Opportunity, POMO. An analysis of goals scored shows that the majority are scored after 3 or less players on the same team play the ball consecutively. So, the theory goes, if you get the ball in the box as quickly as possible, with a hoof, and as often as possible you are more likely to score goals because only one or two of your players will have played the ball. Sam is very keen on statistics and football science. I'll bet he knows all about POMO and sets his teams up to play it more often then not.

Charles Hughes? There's a name from the past.

The late Emlyn Hughes mocked him on TV many years ago. "Charles who"? "Never heard of him". Its fair to say Emlyn Hughes wasn't impressed by his appointment.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
The reason I have no time for West Ham is encapsulated in this direct quote from Tony Cottee the other day

''If West Ham had Ricky Lambert we would have well over 100 points by now''

Yeah, of course Tony, of course. #whatfcukingplanetyouon

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011

POMO! More like POO, shit football that's terrible to watch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here