Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

All this wet weather is it effecting you ?

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
No problems here,leave on the top of a hill and no local flooding as yet in Leek itself. However when there is it is normally the roads and nine times out of ten that is down to blocked drains or culvets etc that have not been keep clear for years. :cheers:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It's making me want to emigrate!

I have had enough so I'm going away in 2 weeks time and coming back in September. It's a f***ing joke.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
My hair gel isn't giving me the ''xtra hold'' as promised on the tin, says nothing about being less effective in the rain.

Perhaps Lawyers for you should be my next port of call.

Aadam

Resident Plastic
Feb 6, 2012
It's not really affecting me, because I work in an office all week so don't get to go out anyway. This weekend it won't either.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Had to evacuate the building at work as apparently a flood risk - not complaining as got to finish an hour early but no way is the river going to rise that much

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Noahs_Ark_Evan_Almighty_movie_.350w_263h.jpg

I'll say no more.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
It's making my job as a self employed Gardner challenging lol

Me too as I work in horticulture although there isn't so much to do with the wet weather but there's loads of bloody weeds popping up everywhere. Touch wood, I've only had about one cold in the last eighteen months since I've been doing this type of work so my immune system has got stronger.

To be honest, there hasn't been all that much prolonged, heavy rain out here at Firle. We seem to be missing the worst of it. Even today, it pissed down in Lewes, but 5 miles to the east ... not a drop. It's still possible to walk the dog around the field out the back of Bracknell Towers, without getting bogged down in mud.

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
Yes, yes it is, bad, used to live in Spain, am now wondering why I ever left

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
You've lost me. Rain? Never heard of it.

To be honest, there hasn't been all that much prolonged, heavy rain out here at Firle. We seem to be missing the worst of it. Even today, it pissed down in Lewes, but 5 miles to the east ... not a drop. It's still possible to walk the dog around the field out the back of Bracknell Towers, without getting bogged down in mud.
Despite the promise of continuous overnight rain that was made on the telly yesterday evening, what have we had? A COMPLETELY DRY NIGHT. Again.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Actually dry and sunny in BN22, thought we were supposed to get heavy rain and be under 10 foot of water by now - least thats how they have made it out to be in the news.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here