Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

All this wet weather is it effecting you ?

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Snails, and slugs eating everything, weeds everywhere, grass growing like mad and no sunshine to make my plants grow or tomatoes ripen.

Just a fortnight of dry sunny weather could make a big difference to us gardeners.

Stoichkov

The Miserable Bulgarian
Jul 26, 2004
Brighton
I noticed standing water on Hove Lawns yesterday morning - you don't often see that, let alone in July

timseagull

Oct 12, 2003
Mile Oak
We had builders start a loft conversion on the 11th June. Had some interesting nights as the rain has seeped in. Would have thought the summer was a good time to take the roof off your house. Next time we do this we'll do it in a dry country!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Another dry morning in BN8. Forecast was for very heavy rain from 10 or 11 am.

The odd timing blip, but in general when the MetOffice predicted heavy rain for the next few days for Sussex or anywhere else this year, they have been spot on.

Hence Sussex rainfall records are being broken, Sussex reservoirs filling fast, Sussex's river flood plains ... are looking flooded!

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Going down to Cornwall to start excavating land I have an interest in down there and if this keeps up, it ain't gonna happen.

Sausage

The wurst of the wurst.
Dec 8, 2007
Yes.

It's doing my head in. Where I live it feels like it's rained all day every day for weeks and weeks. Endless. Relentless. It's bringing me down.

I feel a bit like Kathy Bates in Misery. I'm gonna go off the rails. I got the blues.

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
It's meant that I got an absolute soaking at Jodrell Bank watching Elbow a couple of weeks ago (a fantastic two hours in the pouring rain!) but otherwise the main issue has been getting a rampant lawn mowed.

Today's challenge is more with our guests than me - we run a B&B close to Silverstone and all three sets of guests have merrily set off this morning despite encountering horrendous delays yesterday and being warned to stay away today. Goodness knows what time (or whether) they'll get back this evening!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here