Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

All things Ska and Two Tone

woody12a

Nov 9, 2006
Ska and reggae was blasting out at the Volks bar on the seafront all day yesterday, was a cracking event !

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
The Suite in Brighton circa October 1979 Headline the Specials, supported by Madness and the Selecter. Top night, the Madness fans gave Terry Hall a hard time but he won over in the end.

T'was indeed a great night, three bands hungry for success and at the top of their game. Top Rank is my all time favourite venue - this one and a few years Slade/Thin Lizzy/Suzi Quatro are two of the greatest gigs I have seen.

I am pretty sure we were away the next day, possibly to Coventry, as I was worried about being able to get up in time to get the Seagulls Special.

Richard Tiltmans Shin Pad

Rustingtons' Mr Guiness
Jan 10, 2012
North Stand, Row Q
Am at the Isle of Wight next Saturday. The Specials are on. Happy Days!

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
As a kid, i remember one of my older sisters playing 'al Capone' by price Buster. loved it.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Who remembers Coventry City away, the last time we played them at Highfield Road, at Half-time they played a load of two-tone, the away terrace was skanking. My favourite half-time ever!

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
[QUOTE Byron Lee and the Dragonaires however did cover it.[/QUOTE]

Maybe that's who I mean, must getting too old, memory and all that.

PFJ

Not the JPF ..splitters !
Jun 22, 2010
The Port of Noddy Holder
The Suite in Brighton circa October 1979 Headline the Specials, supported by Madness and the Selecter. Top night, the Madness fans gave Terry Hall a hard time but he won over in the end.

That was the first date on the Two Tone tour. Stil have my ticket stub. Madness also played quite a feisty gig at the Art College on Grand Parade , the Saturday before.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here