Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

All the Zaha stuff [Merged]

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Annoyingly i have to admit they got a good deal, but compared to what some deluded Palace fans were saying, £10M up front wasnt enough !!!

Makes Parish look more of a twat for them too, considering they said they wouldnt sell for less than £20M.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
The debt from last season was covered by the owners ( £3.75 m ) . Pre season we sold players and racked in about £3-4 m so that should cover predicted losses for this season . I don't want us to spend silly money and I don't think we will but this could consolidate our season and give us a platform to really go for it .

Yep no excuse for failure now.
It will be very interesting to see how much money they give Holloway to spend this week and who he brings in.
I feel you had a better chance under Freedman than Holloway, as Holloway has a record for failure, more than success. But that’s just my opinion

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Not that I condone it but he's surely going to be a target for the hardmen of the Championship even more now?

If they catch him ! Wilf knows that he will be a marked man , this season has proved that , but he is getting better at all the attention ( usually from 2-3 players )

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
If they catch him ! Wilf knows that he will be a marked man , this season has proved that , but he is getting better at all the attention ( usually from 2-3 players )

What do you mean if they catch him? Are you saying that when he goes down so many times he has dived rather than being caught?

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Annoyingly i have to admit they got a good deal, but compared to what some deluded Palace fans were saying, £10M up front wasnt enough !!!

Makes Parish look more of a twat for them too, considering they said they wouldnt sell for less than £20M.

If (and it's a big if ) all the clauses come to fruition it will exceed £20m .

SE25 Nick

Nov 30, 2012

Think of it like this .. If you sell your house you may put it up for sale for higher than you are expecting and agree on a lower amount. Parish has done the same here.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Yep no excuse for failure now.
It will be very interesting to see how much money they give Holloway to spend this week and who he brings in.
I feel you had a better chance under Freedman than Holloway, as Holloway has a record for failure, more than success. But that’s just my opinion

Dougie is starting his managerial career and will be a good manager one day . But ATM we have a better chance with Hollie in charge . Just my opinion as well but his current record isn't bad so he gives us that experience off getting out of this league .

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Really?

From BBC Sport: "United will pay £10m up front, with the fee potentially rising to £15m based on Zaha's appearances and success."

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Are you being ignorant deliberately, or are you really just clueless?

The Zaha deal is widely reported as £15m, with £10m of that up front, and a 10% sell-on fee. We then get him back on loan for the rest of the season.

CPFC2010 from the Palace forum:
The fee is undisclosed and will remain undisclosed.

Do not believe what you read in the papers because neither club has or will reveal the details of the deal - which are complicated. The press are guessing.

There is a large cash fee, multiple add-ons and a significant sell on percentage for us should they sell him for a profit in the future.

Without going into details, if Wilf progresses to be the new Ronaldo (as some have suggested) we will get more than £20 million so your bet is not lost. Even if he doesn't, I believe that it's still a record price for any player from a lower league up to the Premiership.

Palace fans need to be re-assured that we have negotiated the best possible deal for our club whilst keep the player happy and, most importantly, with us for the rest of the season (including any possible play-off matches)

There you are Glenn. Shush now please.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
I love the fact that some of those on here immediately start FOAMING at the mouth when a Palace fan dares to post in a thread about of of THEIR players.

This is a brilliant deal for Palace, although it would be nice if United found an excuse to recall him on 15th March

Que quote he isn't one of our players :thumbsup:

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne

I thought with the clauses that took it up to £15M ? Though there is probably a sell on clause too which would give you a percentage, so if Madrid did sign him for say £30M - then you might get around £5M of that - all in all good business from you.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
The other thing is now of course, is that you are now known to have money to spend and that £500k bid for Ritchie from Swindon, they now want a million for him.

the silurian

Sep 29, 2011
So then Dougie, it's now be announced, so how many players did you buy between 17:00 last night, and the announcement this morning?

I doubt you did. Most of what you'll see here is Palace fans telling us how they're going to get promoted. Even Palace fans pretending they're Brighton fans and that they own a CMS shirt.

That's not what you said. You said: "Oh and we are as likely to be promoted as you or any of the teams in top half of the table, as much as you don't like it, its fact."
Do you know what 'as likely' means? Of course anyone could get promoted, but some clubs are more likely than others. So no, you are not as likely to be promoted as Cardiff.

nit picking again trigga, all the teams in the top half of the table have a chance of promotion..fact ! Cardiff have a history of screwing up promotion chances..so we all have a chance (inluding you lot). What in your mighty opinion makes some clubs more likely? money? attendances? stadium??

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
Good deal for all concerned. Good luck to Wilf.

Can see us bringing in a couple of players at a combined cost of £2-3 million before the window closes, The majority of the cash should be invested back into the club.

Come the end of January if we have added 2 further players to the loans of Nimley and Butterfield I will be happy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here