Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

All the Palace fans saying that the flags against Doncaster were 'Plastic.......

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
You really are thick aren't you...... Dougie Freedman, has superbly guided us to safety this year, nabbed your best player in years and operating within strict finances, we are at the top end.

Poyet, has been giving bucket loads of dosh from your shady owner and thrown money his money around, if you had blooms dodgy dollars you'd be at the top end.

3 big problems,
1. you've way overstretched yourselves and all of Blooms dodgy loans and to finance you will come crashing down...prem or bust...we've been there remember
2. Poyets off, first sign of a decent prem job.....see ya (around christmas)
3. We're going to spank you on and off the pitch love

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one’s mouth and remove all doubt

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
OK let's just take a look at your posts and the points raised shall we?

I questioned what Dougie Freedman had ever won as a manager, and you've ignored the question, instead suggesting that he's some kind of genius for picking up Glenn Murray on a free transfer. And if Murray were our best player for years you'd think he'd have won the odd player of the season award during his time here. But he didn't. Just like he didn't win any friends.

You HAVE signed a player from us however, well done.

The idea that Poyet has been given "bucket loads of dosh" is a bit fanciful too. Last season we walked the league despite having a playing budget less than that of most of the teams in the top 10. This season we've spent more, but this is on the back of a very SIGNIFICANT increase in income thanks to the cash cow that is our wonderful new stadium. We're still nowhere near the top spenders in the division however, we've just got more money than Crystal Palace do thanks to having a greater earning power (more bums on seats = more money) and a board who know the importance of a well run club. You'll be aware that despite many years of difficulty whilst being homeless and fighting a very expensive legal battle for the right to build our new stadium, we never once spent beyond our means, forcing the club into administration and reneging on what was owed.

So your assertion that we've overstretched ourselves is entirely baseless and not really thought through is it? There are no "dodgy loans" as all of our funding has come in the form of cash in the bank from our wealthy owner. We aren't servicing debts to banks or other lenders as we've not had to borrow any money.

The idea that Poyet will be off at the first sign of a Premier League job is also based on nothing more than your own wishes. In all of the press attention we've been receiving this season most commentators and pundits agree that Gus is onto a good thing with our club right now. As you've already pointed out, the chairman is backing him in the transfer market and we've been very successful with the new players we've been able to bring in. He has already won a league championship as well as the adulation of our fans, and on present form we could very well end up "doing a Norwich" and making it up to the Premier League next season, where Poyet will be able to test himself yet further.

Most fans accept that our ambitious young manager will one day move on to bigger things, but there's absolutely nothing to suggest he's in any hurry to run before he can walk, particularly when he has everything he needs to be successful right here, right now. If you can point to just one shred of evidence to the contrary I'd love to see it.

And so to your last point that you will "spank" us on and off the pitch. First off we can only let the players do the talking on the pitch, and we go into the big game later this month as favourites, so you'd have to think we do have a better chance of emerging victorious than Palace do, but with only a few weeks to go, let's just wait and see shall we? And as for off the pitch either you're referring to the way our club is run (which it is clear for all to see in black and white that we currently have bragging rights in this department) or you're trying to give it large about the sort of hooliganism that most football fans rightly condemn as a relic of times past. If you genuinely believe that you have something to prove by trying to intimidate our fans at the game, or before and after it, I feel very sorry for you and would suggest you think long and hard before trying to incite trouble.

So come on now, seriously, just take a look around you. We've long been traditional rivals and I'm all for the banter, but don't make up absolute nonsense for the sake of trying to get one over on us, because nobody is buying it. I've addressed your points, using facts to discredit your claims, so perhaps you'd like to think again about how you can claim the moral high ground, because right now you're not even close.

Come back when you've come up with an argument that makes sense and is based on fact. Until then, run along and accept the fact that for the first time in many long years Brighton are the bigger club than Palace. Who knows what the future will hold? But right now, there's no contest, we hold the bragging rights as a club, and the game at Falmer in three weeks time will only serve to consolidate our rightful position as the big boys of the A23
well said that man!

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton

I questioned what Dougie Freedman had ever won as a manager, and you've ignored the question, instead suggesting that he's some kind of genius for picking up Glenn Murray on a free transfer. And if Murray were our best player for years you'd think he'd have won the odd player of the season award during his time here. But he didn't. Just like he didn't win any friends.

The idea that Poyet has been given "bucket loads of dosh" is a bit fanciful too. Last season we walked the league despite having a playing budget less than that of most of the teams in the top 10. This season we've spent more, but this is on the back of a very SIGNIFICANT increase in income thanks to the cash cow that is our wonderful new stadium. We're still nowhere near the top spenders in the division however, we've just got more money than Crystal Palace do thanks to having a greater earning power (more bums on seats = more money) and a board who know the importance of a well run club. You'll be aware that despite many years of difficulty whilst being homeless and fighting a very expensive legal battle for the right to build our new stadium, we never once spent beyond our means, forcing the club into administration and reneging on what was owed.

So your assertion that we've overstretched ourselves is entirely baseless and not really thought through is it? There are no "dodgy loans" as all of our funding has come in the form of cash in the bank from our wealthy owner. We aren't servicing debts to banks or other lenders as we've not had to borrow any money.

The idea that Poyet will be off at the first sign of a Premier League job is also based on nothing more than your own wishes. In all of the press attention we've been receiving this season most commentators and pundits agree that Gus is onto a good thing with our club right now. As you've already pointed out, the chairman is backing him in the transfer market and we've been very successful with the new players we've been able to bring in. He has already won a league championship as well as the adulation of our fans, and on present form we could very well end up "doing a Norwich" and making it up to the Premier League next season, where Poyet will be able to test himself yet further.

Most fans accept that our ambitious young manager will one day move on to bigger things, but there's absolutely nothing to suggest he's in any hurry to run before he can walk, particularly when he has everything he needs to be successful right here, right now. If you can point to just one shred of evidence to the contrary I'd love to see it.

And so to your last point that you will "spank" us on and off the pitch. First off we can only let the players do the talking on the pitch, and we go into the big game later this month as favourites, so you'd have to think we do have a better chance of emerging victorious than Palace do, but with only a few weeks to go, let's just wait and see shall we? And as for off the pitch either you're referring to the way our club is run (which it is clear for all to see in black and white that we currently have bragging rights in this department) or you're trying to give it large about the sort of hooliganism that most football fans rightly condemn as a relic of times past. If you genuinely believe that you have something to prove by trying to intimidate our fans at the game, or before and after it, I feel very sorry for you and would suggest you think long and hard before trying to incite trouble.

So come on now, seriously, just take a look around you. We've long been traditional rivals and I'm all for the banter, but don't make up absolute nonsense for the sake of trying to get one over on us, because nobody is buying it. I've addressed your points, using facts to discredit your claims, so perhaps you'd like to think again about how you can claim the moral high ground, because right now you're not even close.

Come back when you've come up with an argument that makes sense and is based on fact. Until then, run along and accept the fact that for the first time in many long years Brighton are the bigger club than Palace. Who knows what the future will hold? But right now, there's no contest, we hold the bragging rights as a club, and the game at Falmer in three weeks time will only serve to consolidate our rightful position as the big boys of the A23

Very well worded, he will prolly have to get someone to read and explain what you said.

A very good post, one which will no doubt be side-stepped by the ignorant angry nigel resident to this thread.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Can I just ask other Brighton fans, is this as embarrasing a reposte as I make it out to be?

Compared to some of the stuff said by Palace fans in this thread it is actually quite funny.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
and to be honest I wish I hadn't bothered
* a few funny Albion fans
* a couple of Mentally Challenged Palace fans
* a few decent discussion bits surrounded by hot air and bullshit
and Colossal Squid telling it as it is

... but not one single flounce , disappointing.

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
Where is Bloom getting his money from?

Well he sold 888.com and made a few quid, also he is a professional poker player, and very good one at that. I would also imagine his family too, they have always been pretty wealthy.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Do these retarded Palace fans know that 90% of the flags were used at one game only, a game which some might say was a pretty big deal. Of course a few kids have kept hold of the flags but the majority used them for one game only. Really shows how desperate they are to try and get one over us this season if they have to make such a big deal over some flags doesn't it

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Well he sold 888.com and made a few quid, also he is a professional poker player, and very good one at that. I would also imagine his family too, they have always been pretty wealthy.

He's not a professional poker player, it's just a hobby for him.

Most of his money is now from property apparently, but you get the feeling he has a few fingers in a few pies. I heard somewhere that's he's one of the county's biggest sports gamblers, betting 6 figure sums a week.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Living in the enemy territory as I do, I can say that the amount of Palace fans that are shitting themselves at the thought of Brighton being bigger than them is huge. I really don't think they are bothered about anything else this season apart from trying to prove that the gates we are getting are false and we are a club with plastic fans, ie MK Dons and Reading.
I think they'd rather be relegated and lose to us twice if it meant somehow our crowds dropped to selhurst's massive 13k!!
The Jealousy is unreal!
Funny thing is even plaing at Gilligham, I was never for minute jealous of Palace. Palace are Palace and I just don't like 'em.

Oct 6, 2010
Why do people care what they write on their nigel board?
Why do people care what they think of us?
We all know the truth.
We have been playing second fiddle for many years now, and EVERYBODY knows that time is over.
This is why you will find so many brighton related threads on their board now.
Why oh why oh why do people make a fuss about their whining?
Surely the most astute thing to do is revel in our awesomeness with a knowing silence?
Not rise to their pikey comments.
Maybe I smoke too much weed.
T

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

100% This. What an incredible, intelligent and insightful post CS. :clap:

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea

You can't argue with that.

He's exactly right, you know, little Eagles.

Oh and 'EaglesEATSeagulls' do they. That's nice for you. Pop down the beach and eat any you can find.

As for SeaGULLS, those really noisy and abundant creatures of the coast we'll be outsinging the dregs of London to an embarrassing degree as our side tear you apart.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here