Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] All the good ones are taken... or are they?

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Absolutely. I can only think there are a few names on that list that the OP put on as a hilarious “joke” to prove Brighton fans don’t know anything about football.
Nah. Even removed Frank Lampard just to try and save some people from FURIOUSLY groaning at the 0.2% chance he gets the job.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Nah. Even removed Frank Lampard just to try and save some people from FURIOUSLY groaning at the 0.2% chance he gets the job.
Wait. You think Brighton - sorry “we” - would employ Beale, OGS, Cocu or Parker to name but four?

:laugh:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
You don't mean they have a.... plan b?

:lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:

:shootself
Anyone who says we didn’t, didn’t watch us against Newcastle and Villa.

Unless, of course, playing one way against one type of opponent and another against a different type is really, in combination, a single Plan A.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Anyone who says we didn’t, didn’t watch us against Newcastle and Villa.

Unless, of course, playing one way against one type of opponent and another against a different type is really, in combination, a single Plan A.

The annoying thing is that plan B got activated very late in the season when the stropping surliness had also been reined in. Shame it didn’t happen earlier in the season, we might then be going into next season with the same manager and with a higher placed finish, maybe even Europe again :shrug:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
The annoying thing is that plan B got activated very late in the season when the stropping surliness had also been reined in. Shame it didn’t happen earlier in the season, we might then be going into next season with the same manager and a higher placed finish :shrug:
Yes, completely changing tactics with half the squad injured and games on Thursday and Sunday should be a complete doddle,

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Yes, completely changing tactics with half the squad injured and games on Thursday and Sunday should be a complete doddle,

Whereas being pig headed, sticking to the same style and being stroppy with it worked so well.

I am wasting my time here suggesting RDZ f***ed up with his refusal to change things earlier though aren’t I?

As I said, I find it a real shame as he may still be here if he’d done it imo.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
The real frustration for me is that we spent a good chunk of the season not playing in the Europa league (and also not in either of the other cup competitions) and still didn't improve.

Partly because I obviously want us to do well, but also in large part because there was a golden opportunity to support my longstanding argument about the Europa league not making as much difference as most people insist it does.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
The real frustration for me is that we spent a good chunk of the season not playing in the Europa league (and also not in either of the other cup competitions) and still didn't improve.

Partly because I obviously want us to do well, but also in large part because there was a golden opportunity to support my longstanding argument about the Europa league not making as much difference as most people insist it does.
Which is fair enough.

However, the frustrating thing for me was never having a settled squad. The injuries meant it was constantly changing. We did try changing tactics to accommodate that if everyone remembers We went three at the back, it was far worse than 4-2-3-1. It was also the only option at times, but he stuck with it for far too long. Ditto with changing keepers.

I’m certainly not claiming RDZ had a great 2024. He obviously didn’t. But anyone who thinks you can switch from one set of tactics or patterns to another when you don’t even know who’ll be fit to start really doesn’t understand football.

holybanjo

Mar 2, 2020
Hastings
"Dear God! Do we have to choose between Graham Potter and Steve Cooper? We're missing out on everyone else!"

There's maybe a 5% chance of something that one of those two are coaching us next season...

See this as the anti-panic thread.

This is my (incomplete, because if I spend another hour on it I'd find a couple more) list of non-Cooper/Potter managers who I could imagine us appointing (in most cases to much excitement):

Unemployed
Gerhard Struber (last club RB Salzburg)
Mark van Bommel (Antwerp)
Gio van Bronckhorst (Rangers)
Stefano Pioli (Milan)
Pascal Jansen (AZ)
Javi Gracia (Leeds)
Quique Setién (Villarreal)
Bruno Genesio (Rennes)
Niko Kovac (Wolfsburg)
Will Still (Reims)
Scott Parker (Club Brugge)
Rafa Benitez (Celta Vigo)
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer (Manchester United)
Laurent Blanc (Lyon)
Ruud van Nistelrooy (PSV)
Liam Rosenior (Hull)
Marcelo Gallardo (Saudi somewhere)
Michael Beale (Sunderland)
Philip Cocu (Vitesse)
Wouter Vrancken (Genk)

Employed
Thorsten Fink (St Truiden)
Luke Williams (Swansea)
Michael Carrick (Middlesbrough)
Carlos Corberan (West Bromwich)
Kjetil Knutsen (Bodö/Glimt)
Eric Roy (Brest)
Vincenzo Italiano (Fiorentina)
Hein Vanhaezebrouck (Gent)
Jindrich Tripsovsky (Slavia Prague)

Feel free to add to the list or tell me if someone snuck off and found himself a new job or something.
This is hilarious. Ole Gunnar Solskjaer? Wow. The fact that there so many random names on this list only proves the point that you’re trying to counter… that there are absolutely no standout candidates for the Brighton job and that the club will be betting the house on the next appointment. What will the bookmakers make of the betting market now?!

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
This is hilarious. Ole Gunnar Solskjaer? Wow. The fact that there so many random names on this list only proves the point that you’re trying to counter… that there are absolutely no standout candidates for the Brighton job and that the club will be betting the house on the next appointment. What will the bookmakers make of the betting market now?!
That the names are random to you really has no impact on their quality.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Oh yeah, sorry - thats the name. Fixing it.

He had a rough start with the results (because their squad is a really poor one) but the football instantly improved and by the end of the season they looked strong, dominating games and creating lots of chances.

Swansea possession in their final 10 games:
Watford 63%
Bristol City 72%
Cardiff 55%
Sheffield Wed 68%
QPR 68%
Middlesbrough 58%
Stoke 50%
Rotheram 70%
Huddersfield 67%
Norwich 58%
Millwall 67%

Didn't know he was ex-Brighton but makes him even more interesting.
Ex Brighton, and his wife, Jo (nee Wilson) - who he met while he was here, was the leader of ‘Gullys Girls’ - the club’s cheerleading squad!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here