Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

All kicking off in Bennets Field!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Quite a few not happy that the exit barrier was kept shut for a long time so a few people decided to lift it forcibly, which then led to the police bei g called over.

The whole normal sitting waiting farce then continued in normal fashion.

Not sure what the answer is but it dud appear that today the barrier was kept down a long long time which I guess led to the frustration.

They need to come to some kind of solution ahead of Tuesday otherwise people will need to bring their sleeping bags :lol:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Going by insider's response it will remain closed until the buses have all gone. Can see some nice arguments on a cold Tuesday night

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Going by insider's response it will remain closed until the buses have all gone.

sometimes people just need to be informed why something is happening. club needs to communicate such details to avoid undue frustration.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
a large sign at the entrance might help.

Decent signage seems have been forgotten for the entire stadium and at the aproach to Falmer station - just hundreds of yellow jacketed stewards standing around doing nothing

Hoops Seagull

Nov 17, 2008
My son-in-law was one of the people that went and asked the supervisor why the barrier was still down to be told " I don't know"!!

Many different people were asking the same question and she still said the same. Then they called the police over and were told that it was beacuse of pedestrians walking about. The exit to Bennetts field can be cordened off so that cars can filter out of the car park whilst the buses fill. A friend of ours left the West stand at fulltime and saw people driving out of the car park and when we got there they had shut it. We spoke to Richard Hebbard who had been advised that the gate was opened at 17.17 which it quite cleary wasn't. We finally left the car park at 18.15!! Absolute disorganised chaos! I can't do park and ride as I am in a wheelchair so have no other option but to pay £180.00 to sit in a mess for over an hour. We tried on the Doncaster game to stay behind in the stands and have a drink and left at 18.00 but it still took until 19.00 to leave car park. This needs to be addressed very quickly. There could nearly have been a punch up with what was happening in that car park and the way that some(not all) stewards were talking to fans.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
I get the impression that by payiny £360 for the parking they expect priority over the bus and foot passengers.
Be interesting to here from any that park in there.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Serves them right for bringing cars really. If the rest of us can get there by train or park and ride then why can't they?

Idiot!

Sent from my inbred hatred of all things South London .....HD

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Pedestrians stopped walking about at least twenty minutes before the barrier was raised.

I witnessed a rather rude middle aged man, who should have known better, being extremely aggressive towards a female steward, The man in question had grey hair and if I remember correctly was wearing a blue t shirt. He sounded quite well spoken. I would not be at all surprised If he had been a school bully in his youth . If that was you sir, you should be ashamed of yourself. My suggestion to those who use that park is that you should either use public transport, walk or cycle.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
TBH is anybody surprise it takes a while when all those buses and cars need to get out of such a small junction at the same time, there's always going to be delays.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Businesses pay a fortune for customer feedback .... this is all free! As I've said numerous times the club need to tell their customers when & how they intend to improve things, not a whinge or criticism, never expected to get it right first time but it'd be nice to hear some thoughts

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here