Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

All Blacks - bunch of f***ing ANIMALS

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Icy Gull said:
So the 7 years he was in charge when England went from being a reasonable if boring team and turned into stylish and exciting world beaters had nothing to do with Woodwards management?

How about the year before when the team were at their prime and regularly beat South Africa, Australia and New Zealand, maybe that was in spite of rather than because of ????

Woodward is an English hero and all you knockers can :salute:

Yes, the England team peaked at the WC and deserved to win it, and fair play to them.

However, Woodward inherited a superb England team and as you have pointed out, it took 7 years to take them to their full potential. How many times did England blow grandslams? And how many times were there countless calls for Woodward's resignation? With the best selection of players in the world to choose from, he just about got the Grand Slam and WC in time to save his reputation.

For me the Lions debacle goes beyond Woodward, but ultimately thats where the buck has to stop. The main problem for me throughout the tour was indecisiveness.

He named Stephen Jones his fly half, and I don't think anyone can really argue that at the time he had earned that spot. However, Woodward just couldn't let go to an unfit Wilkinson, so instead of having the balls to make a decision over the number 10 shirt, he compromises the side by butting JW in at centre, where yes he did ok in a poor Lions side, but ultimately he lacks the experience to play at that level.

Woodward came in for some stick for the players he selected for the first test, and then when it went wrong, he listened to the media and replaced half his team (mostly for the Welsh). I would like a coach to come out and say "this is my team, I have faith in them because of these reasons, this is how we are going to play". To me he showed himself to be indecisive and ultimately clueless as to what he wanted from his team.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here