Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alireza Jahanbakhsh joins Feyenoord

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
If the three are unknown then how do you know???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To paraphrase Donald Rumsfeld

Reports that say that something hasn't happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Interesting post on Twitter in the last half hour. Says "No matter what..." with picture of him patting the badge on his Albion shirt.

[tweet]1278295760707244032[/tweet]

On his way?

1551368217657-02404656.jpeg

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Sounds like he knows he is off, and will always have a soft spot for the club.

:albion2:

If he doesn't know he's off after a 12 year old full back takes his place in the starting line up, I'd like to sell him some magic beans, before he goes.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
As far as I'm aware, Alireza never got Corona, so not part of the unknown 3 who got it.

I would tend to agree

I think he isn't featuring to ensure he doesn't contract it and to avoid injury if there is a substantial Transfer Fee looming.

Very nice guy and shame he never made it but he is a little out of his depth in terms of how organised defences are in the PL - He struggled a bit at the World Cup with Iran as well when he came up against better defenders.

I hope he succeeds wherever he goes to. The lad deserves it coz he works really hard.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
If he doesn't know he's off after a 12 year old full back takes his place in the starting line up, I'd like to sell him some magic beans, before he goes.

LOL LOL LOL LOL

I was thinking something similar last night when I saw that tussle between Lamptey and Pogba at the corner flag.

Pogba leaned over the top of his head and swung one his legs over the top of him and took the ball away from him from the side - It was like a Dad playing football with his kid in the back garden of their house

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Long article (Andy Naylor) in The Athletic today suggesting Ali J is on his way..............closing remarks :

Every week Jahanbakhsh spends on the sidelines at Brighton will see his resale value decline. However, that cannot be a consideration for Potter as he plots a route to safety. Like Hughton before him, he speaks highly of Jahanbakhsh as a character but is not convinced about what he can bring to Brighton in the Premier League regularly.

Unlike Hughton, Potter does not normally operate with two recognised wingers in his variety of formations, further reducing the likelihood of opportunities for Jahanbakhsh.

The prospect of a parting of the ways before the beginning of next season is increasing with every game.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Good of Mr Naylor to explain that too his readership.

Is his next article focusing on it being dark at night time?

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Alireza Jahanbakhsh signs on a 5-year deal for a club record fee

Long article (Andy Naylor) in The Athletic today suggesting Ali J is on his way..............closing remarks :

Every week Jahanbakhsh spends on the sidelines at Brighton will see his resale value decline. However, that cannot be a consideration for Potter as he plots a route to safety. Like Hughton before him, he speaks highly of Jahanbakhsh as a character but is not convinced about what he can bring to Brighton in the Premier League regularly.

Unlike Hughton, Potter does not normally operate with two recognised wingers in his variety of formations, further reducing the likelihood of opportunities for Jahanbakhsh.

The prospect of a parting of the ways before the beginning of next season is increasing with every game.

So no news then? Thanks for the update Naylor [emoji6]

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
So typical Brighton every other club’s record signing is straight in the squad. He’s obviously with confidence a great finisher unfortunately we never gave him the chance bit parts here and there. He’s direct bangs in that early cross and you fancy him around the box to score, unlike March who can’t hit a barn door.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Alireza Jahanbakhsh signs on a 5-year deal for a club record fee

So typical Brighton every other club’s record signing is straight in the squad. He’s obviously with confidence a great finisher unfortunately we never gave him the chance bit parts here and there. He’s direct bangs in that early cross and you fancy him around the box to score, unlike March who can’t hit a barn door.

I’m with you, I think AJ has been very unlucky, he’s been mishandled since he joined the club.

Let’s review.

- He looked good in the World Cup. Top scorer in Holland.

- Signs for us. Joins a backs to the wall Hughtons team playing all out defence most games. Hard to shine. No player did really apart from Duffy and Dunk.

- Hardly gets a look in for the first few months when GP comes in.

- Finally get his chance. Scores 2 great goals, one of which is a true worldie, and to date, possibly the best PL goal we’ve ever scored.

- Then hardly gets a look in. And post lock down can’t even make it to the bench.

Please someone explain what I’m missing here. Unless he’s a complete dick in training, it feels we’re missing information. Because he also seems like a terrific pro and great guy.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Maybe other clubs spend 3 years assessing a record signing to fulfill a position they actually require a player?

I've hung on for as long as I can, as is customary considerably longer than most.
I'm pleased for him we had his cameo (word up) which at least took the edge off 'not even a footballer' bollox.

But Ali, for his own good, needs to be as far away from this club as soon as possible.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here