[Albion] Alireza Jahanbakhsh joins Feyenoord

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Please do bounce my posts. Always on his side[emoji106]

I've moved into the 150's.

You can wallow in your rightness on page 155 which is a bit dull

156 hots up as that was wing-back o'clock!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Do your own dirty work, irrespective of the fact nobody else is prepared to own theirs. :lol:

Tried to bounce some of mine but it takes too long. Feel free to do some of my dirty work. [MENTION=23795]Hugo Rune[/MENTION] and [MENTION=13055]Ninja Elephant[/MENTION] seemed to be on the good guy's team from what I've read.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Despite only being on the pitch 15 minutes he had the most shots of any Albion player and created the most chances (both 3).

Well done that man. So pleased for him.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Jahanbakhsh did very well today and on Saturday - indeed, spectacularly so today. If he can sustain this ability to be a threat to the opposition goal - possibly mainly as an impact sub - I will be as delighted as everybody else who was wondering what the hell we'd blown £17M on. A note of caution though - there were times last season - and even at the start of this - that we thought that Locadia might just have cracked it at last; he did after all score a coupe of decent goals. Same applies to Andone really.

No, I really am not hoping for the same to happen to Jahanbakhsh - just being a bit cautious until he's done it for us reasonably regularly and reliably. Carry on as he has in the last few days and we'll all be happy.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Jahanbakhsh did very well today and on Saturday - indeed, spectacularly so today. If he can sustain this ability to be a threat to the opposition goal - possibly mainly as an impact sub - I will be as delighted as everybody else who was wondering what the hell we'd blown £17M on. A note of caution though - there were times last season - and even at the start of this - that we thought that Locadia might just have cracked it at last; he did after all score a coupe of decent goals. Same applies to Andone really.

No, I really am not hoping for the same to happen to Jahanbakhsh - just being a bit cautious until he's done it for us reasonably regularly and reliably. Carry on as he has in the last few days and we'll all be happy.

Big difference between Ali J and those two seems to be attitude, though. With that in mind I've got a feeling he'll continue to improve under Potter and we'll see a lot of the lad second half of the season

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Do your own dirty work, irrespective of the fact nobody else is prepared to own theirs. :lol:

All mine are too sensible to bounce. I thought I’d stuck my neck out further. I even said if we had a similar points haul by Xmas Potter will have done really well. :hilton:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
There must be 2 Bold Seagull's :lol: :kiss:

You must have had the best view in the AMEX of his pass to pick out Maupay.

I honestly thought that every time he got it something was going to happen.

Should have started, presume he will on Saturday and beyond.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If his time here does still end in failure, at least that debate can be had on the somewhat sturdier ground of footballing ability.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
That goal is why we go to football matches. Priceless the people who left with over 10mins to go and missed that, plus us really going for the winner.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

teammelli

Jul 25, 2018
I tip my hat to all the people that stood by him and thought there was something there.
Of course there is, there always has been, and sometimes you have to trust your brain more than your eyes.
The one thing we all kept repeating is that Alireza has consistently had poor first seasons and then dramatically improves in year 2.

The challenge with BHA, which I am learning about since we don't have many players who come to EPL, is that teams and fans in the EPL don't have much patience. I don't say this out of meanness but simply my own observations. Iranian players have gone to excellent teams in the past all over Europe, including Bundesliga, La Liga, Serie A and Ligue 1. There is something about the competitiveness of the EPL which means that teams expect immediate results. Some players thrive in that and some don't.

Now that things are settling down, I really do hope Alireza stays and plays, (1) because I have fallen in love with BHA and (2) because I think he'll do great.
But I hope this is at least a bit of caution to everyone on here to give the players a bit more of a chance. That includes every player. I have been a part of many forums and feel that the members on here really turn on the players very quickly. Heck, even sometimes the team itself. I can't tell if this is just the fan culture, if it is just the way people deal with their frustrations, or what. And just as quickly, they will skyrocket out of happiness and put a player on way too high of a pedestal. Anyways, just my 2 pence, not saying out of meanness but just observations, and hope that we continue this excellent form in what looks like is going to be a tough season to stay up for many teams, everyone's getting points.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
That goal is why we go to football matches. Priceless the people who left with over 10mins to go and missed that, plus us really going for the winner.

The only fan around us who exited prematurely was a disabled woman who always leaves early to beat the crush.

I really wish she'd seen the goal.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
I tip my hat to all the people that stood by him and thought there was something there.
Of course there is, there always has been, and sometimes you have to trust your brain more than your eyes.
The one thing we all kept repeating is that Alireza has consistently had poor first seasons and then dramatically improves in year 2.

The challenge with BHA, which I am learning about since we don't have many players who come to EPL, is that teams and fans in the EPL don't have much patience. I don't say this out of meanness but simply my own observations. Iranian players have gone to excellent teams in the past all over Europe, including Bundesliga, La Liga, Serie A and Ligue 1. There is something about the competitiveness of the EPL which means that teams expect immediate results. Some players thrive in that and some don't.

Now that things are settling down, I really do hope Alireza stays and plays, (1) because I have fallen in love with BHA and (2) because I think he'll do great.
But I hope this is at least a bit of caution to everyone on here to give the players a bit more of a chance. That includes every player. I have been a part of many forums and feel that the members on here really turn on the players very quickly. Heck, even sometimes the team itself. I can't tell if this is just the fan culture, if it is just the way people deal with their frustrations, or what. And just as quickly, they will skyrocket out of happiness and put a player on way too high of a pedestal. Anyways, just my 2 pence, not saying out of meanness but just observations, and hope that we continue this excellent form in what looks like is going to be a tough season to stay up for many teams, everyone's getting points.

Classic example: Chris Hughton

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Good to watch.

He has a rocket shot from outside the box WITH EITHER FOOT... I know most professionals are “two-footed” but it is pretty remarkable what he can do.

yeah absolutely nothing wrong with the way he shoots.
Som pretty horrific keeping in amongst those goals though.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Fantastic goal what was even better was the pictures of the youngsters faces after it went in that I’ve seen on tv . That’s priceless and will keep them Albion fans for years . Probably all there mates talking about how city Liverpool etc has players that can do this and that , well watch that again and look at their faces great pics excellent goal .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here