Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Alex Ferguson, when will the authorities stand up to this tosser?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Simple answer .... never, the authorities are scared of him.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He is the best manager in the country for not taking shit from reporters or tv and protecting himself and his players and all praise to him for that. Why should reporter be allowed to talk to Giggs at training or at Man Utd he is there to train not give interviews. I am sure there are other places a reporter could accost him if they wanted to speak to him.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Do you really think any manager on the eve of a cup final is going to take any questions regarding the personal lives of one of their players?

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
He is the best manager in the country for not taking shit from reporters or tv and protecting himself and his players and all praise to him for that. Why should reporter be allowed to talk to Giggs at training or at Man Utd he is there to train not give interviews. I am sure there are other places a reporter could accost him if they wanted to speak to him.
Did you read the link ?? You've commented on something that didn't happen.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Do you really think any manager on the eve of a cup final is going to take any questions regarding the personal lives of one of their players?
What part of " "The most experienced Champions League player in the team is obviously Ryan Giggs. How important is he for the team on Saturday?" is personal ?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Seems like a pretty relevant question under the circumstances, it was about football after all, not who is playing away from home.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
What part of " "The most experienced Champions League player in the team is obviously Ryan Giggs. How important is he for the team on Saturday?" is personal ?

okay, it does appear a little oversensitive, but given the situation, understandable. As BG said, he's not managed MU for 25 years to make friends, if he wants to protect RG, then he will regardless of the consequences. Why do you imagine that MU have had such a solid team spirit year after year after year? Arsene is exactly the same.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
okay, it does appear a little oversensitive, but given the situation, understandable. As BG said, he's not managed MU for 25 years to make friends, if he wants to protect RG, then he will regardless of the consequences. Why do you imagine that MU have had such a solid team spirit year after year after year? Arsene is exactly the same.
The question was when will someone stand up to him, IE how he conducts himself with the people who pay for it and the media who give it the oxygen of publicity, not to discuss his merits or shortcomings as a manager , and arsenal have SHIT team spirit by the way.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent

I admire the man as a manager but he does overstep the mark with alarming regularity. He gets away with a lot because it's Manchester United. I can't see the likes of Mark Hughs or Roy Hodgeson getting away with what has in the past.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Fergie does not give a shit that he has a current rift with the BBC so i dont think he will worry if he causes a rift with any other medium of publicity.......they love him more than he is prepared to "put up" with them. He knows it and it has not damaged his mantle of most successfull manager of all time......so far.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I admire the man as a manager but he does overstep the mark with alarming regularity. He gets away with a lot because it's Manchester United. I can't see the likes of Mark Hughs or Roy Hodgeson getting away with what has in the past.

Its not so much he is Man U.......its because he enjoys so much success!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm sure he will be avoiding a lot more than this one reporter when Barca spank them on Saturday.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove

It's interesting you say that as Fergie got a 5 match touchline ban this year, and for the first time ever, was reprimanded for praising a referee. He oversteps the mark to my mind because he's the manager of MU and has a lot more press conferences, with more reporters in attendance than any other manager. Roy probably sits in front of a couple of nationals and the local rags for WBA conferences, he very nearly buckled under the weight of what was required at Liverpool. As I said, Arsene and Mourinho get away with exactly the same, the great managers will defend their team regardless.

I guess I am agreeing he oversteps the mark, but I don't really have a problem with it, especially with how our press carry on.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Did you read the link ?? You've commented on something that didn't happen.

Sorry misread the headline and assumed that a reporter wanted to ask RG a question but evn more praise to him having said every player was valuable that should have been sufficient and the muppett should have shut up and not asked a leading question . Well done Sir Alex.

Sep 1, 2010
what are these two herberts playing at in the background..

Ohhhhhh Cheeky

mnu.png

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
It's interesting you say that as Fergie got a 5 match touchline ban this year, and for the first time ever, was reprimanded for praising a referee. He oversteps the mark to my mind because he's the manager of MU and has a lot more press conferences, with more reporters in attendance than any other manager. Roy probably sits in front of a couple of nationals and the local rags for WBA conferences, he very nearly buckled under the weight of what was required at Liverpool. As I said, Arsene and Mourinho get away with exactly the same, the great managers will defend their team regardless.

I guess I am agreeing he oversteps the mark, but I don't really have a problem with it, especially with how our press carry on.

Not knocking the bloke just remarking on the fact he does get away with a lot. I certainly don't hate United either although I do despise their legions of armchair fans who live in places like Weybridge and Clapham.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Not knocking the bloke just remarking on the fact he does get away with a lot. I certainly don't hate United either although I do despise their legions of armchair fans who live in places like Weybridge and Clapham.

You can name any town in the world and they'll probably be a MU fan there somewhere.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here